collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: We should all move to Florida  (Read 5745 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
We should all move to Florida
« on: March 14, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »
Apparently, Florida has no health, economic, education, etc. problems. Florida = Utopia,  see here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28900639/florida-state-senate-proclaims-florida-state-national-champions

It is very hard to have respect for politicians these days. >:(

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: We should all move to Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
We should all see this moved to Superbar. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 10:35:34 AM »
In fairness, with all the snowbirds scurrying back north early due to C19, our roads, restaurants, and beaches are not clogged. This gives us lots more free time. So legislators have to keep busy somehow.  ;D

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 10:39:17 AM »
We should all see this moved to Superbar.

Sorry. Thought the college hoops angle was a reason puting here. My bad.
Not sure how to move it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 10:48:01 AM »
NP.  I shouldn’t be thread Nazi. Just clutters up the board with non MU basketball stuff

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 10:52:28 AM »
NP.  I shouldn’t be thread Nazi. Just clutters up the board with non MU basketball stuff

I’m not trying to be mean, but I had to laugh at this! Random posts are the least responsible for the “clutter” on this board. We have pages and pages of clutter (albeit Mu basketball stuff).

I totally get what you mean, but just made me laugh.

PS. That legislation is so dumb. Anyone I knew who was into politics when I college was annoying and lame. They don’t grow out of it when they get elected.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 05:13:26 PM »
Good to see Joe is doing something. He was Trump's campaign manager in Florida in the primary before they dumped him in the General. 'Tis Trump loyalty.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 06:40:24 AM »
I’m not trying to be mean, but I had to laugh at this! Random posts are the least responsible for the “clutter” on this board. We have pages and pages of clutter (albeit Mu basketball stuff).

I totally get what you mean, but just made me laugh.

PS. That legislation is so dumb. Anyone I knew who was into politics when I college was annoying and lame. They don’t grow out of it when they get elected.

How true, most people here go on, and on, and on.
Make your point and then shut up.
I don't bother with the wind bags. 
Read Elements of Style.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 06:17:07 PM »
Apparently, Florida has no health, economic, education, etc. problems. Florida = Utopia,  see here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28900639/florida-state-senate-proclaims-florida-state-national-champions

It is very hard to have respect for politicians these days. >:(

Well, I live in Florida for a good part of the year -- enough that I'm a legal Florida resident. Yes, I came here a few years back.

Compared to Illinois (where I formerly was a resident and still have a vacation home), Florida is nirvana. We have our problems, no doubt, but things work down here. Our economy is strong and our health system generally good. I'll concede our education system needs work at the primary and secondary levels but our colleges are second only to Marquette!

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
who the hell vacations in Illinois?  Something I don't know about?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 07:58:47 AM »

Apparently! ;D     LOL

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »

Ya gotta laugh with this one!  Good call WW!!

Everyone knows they(Illinoisans) come up to lake Geneva to vacay
don't...don't don't don't don't

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 05:12:54 PM »
Ya gotta laugh with this one!  Good call WW!!

Everyone knows they(Illinoisans) come up to lake Geneva to vacay

Brother Surgeon:

We call it the vacation house because we are legal residents of Florida. When we bought the Florida house on the Treasure Coast, we kept our home of 25 years, for now. At some point, it’s gone for a condo either on the East Side of Milwaukee or in the city of Chicago. But for now, summers in the Chicago area  sure beat summers in Florida.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 10:40:51 PM »
Of course, we have time for stuff like that, we cured the Coronavirus.

Florida residents pack into megachurch after pastor promises he can cure coronavirus
https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/29/chruch-service-florida-coronavirus-worship/

The Pastor boasted his place was white-glove clean, saying, “We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place, and uh, if somebody walks through the door it’s like, it kills everything on them. If they sneeze, it shoots it down at like 100 mph. It'll neutralize it in split seconds. We have the most sterile building in, I don’t know, all of America.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 06:10:43 PM »
Snake oil, anyone?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »
Snake oil, anyone?

Darwinism at its finest. Thin the herd.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »
Oh Florida.  What a great time for a national vs state power debate

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/490562-surgeon-general-coronavirus-guidelines-represent-national-stay-at-home-order

Many of our Florida Counties have little to no Covid-19 cases. Others, where the virus is a problem, have closed public facilities, non-essential businesses, beaches and other gathering places. Governor DeSantis' order for most of us was repeating what already is in place.

Our local government actually has the respect of our residents -- unlike many places in Illinois -- and that helps a lot.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »
Many of our Florida Counties have little to no Covid-19 cases. Others, where the virus is a problem, have closed public facilities, non-essential businesses, beaches and other gathering places. Governor DeSantis' order for most of us was repeating what already is in place.

Our local government actually has the respect of our residents -- unlike many places in Illinois -- and that helps a lot.

Every county in Florida has a Covid case.  They just haven't been tested yet.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »

The IHME is predicting nearly 7,000 deaths in Florida, by the way.  Not terrible given the older population,  but with those kind of numbers there are going plenty of deaths all throughout Florida.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 04:23:37 PM »

Every county in Florida has a Covid case.  They just haven't been tested yet.

Not true. Liberty county has tested 2 people! That is .02% of the population. Well, population as of 2010. Probably more like .015% by now.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 05:20:19 PM »
The IHME is predicting nearly 7,000 deaths in Florida, by the way.  Not terrible given the older population,  but with those kind of numbers there are going plenty of deaths all throughout Florida.

Brother Dano:

Given any thought to what’s in those models? Whether the code does as it says? Whether there is bias in the selection process or analytics?

Has the model been validated? Or is it a scientist seeking a grant?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 05:46:30 PM »
Brother Dano:

Given any thought to what’s in those models? Whether the code does as it says? Whether there is bias in the selection process or analytics?

Well it is funded by Bill Gates foundation.  I guess we shall soon find out whether their model is correct. 

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2020, 11:29:22 AM »
Brother Dano:

I see unfortunately Florida passed 7,000 deaths yesterday.  IHME now predicting at least 16,000 deaths in Florida by November 1st.  7,000 was reasonable given the size of the state.  16,000 is not good.  Hope they are wrong.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 11:39:47 AM »
Boy some of those posts from the spring haven’t aged well.