'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 462118 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #925 on: April 08, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
Justin Turner started following...Sam Hauser  ?-( Anyone want to speculate if that's good or bad for MU??

OMG
That would be an epic circle jerk
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #926 on: April 08, 2020, 03:55:39 PM »
Sam grad transferring back to MU???

It's the kind of news we all need right now.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #927 on: April 08, 2020, 04:07:42 PM »
April Fools Day was last Wednesday. .

MU82

• All American
« Reply #928 on: April 08, 2020, 06:56:13 PM »
Justin Turner started following...Sam Hauser  ?-( Anyone want to speculate if that's good or bad for MU??

Sam who?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #929 on: April 08, 2020, 07:45:33 PM »
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
4m
Wichita State transfer Jamarius Burton tells me he will make a  decision this week.

Final list:

Texas Tech
Xavier
Seton Hall
Marquette
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #930 on: April 08, 2020, 08:02:06 PM »
So we can expect a decision between two of our top targets in the next few days - Burton and Turner.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #931 on: April 08, 2020, 08:17:21 PM »
Purdue's Matt Haarms will be a grad transfer.
DePaul mentioned as a school that has reached out.

Bwaaahhaaahahha!
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #932 on: April 08, 2020, 08:18:58 PM »
So we can expect a decision between two of our top targets in the next few days - Burton and Turner.

Correct...and Idk y, just a gut feel that Burton chooses MU. In the last article about him when he cut to 4, he mentioned that style of play was a huge factor, and he wanted to play faster than he did at Wichita. Of his 4 finalists, MU by far plays the fastest. According to Xavier insiders, they don't believe they will be his choice. Seton hall is likely to get a commit from Bryce Aiken tomorrow, which would leave them with one scholarship left that they really have to hold for Sanoga. That leaves Texas Tech and MU. If style of play and playing fast matters to him, and it does...“The biggest thing is style of play. I ask the coaches what players I should be watching, and who I play like. All of that little stuff, and then I go back and watch the film to see if I fit in. I am taking into account tempo, how fast teams play, and see if I fit. I don’t know our pace at Wichita but want to play a little bit faster.

Then to me anyway, MU would be his choice over T Tech. I also find it interesting that he has suddenly moved up his timeline. he had originally said a week or two, all of a sudden now it's this week..What is prompting him to decide sooner?? Could be lots of things.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #933 on: April 08, 2020, 08:32:44 PM »

Bwaaahhaaahahha!

There’s no haarm in asking.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #934 on: April 08, 2020, 08:59:14 PM »
Do not know to much about Burton, how does he compare to Carton, Turner, how does he fit? Starter?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #935 on: April 08, 2020, 09:03:35 PM »
Do not know to much about Burton, how does he compare to Carton, Turner, how does he fit? Starter?

Definite starter..He's a sit out guy so he wouldn't play with Turner, unless of course he got a waiver.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #936 on: April 08, 2020, 09:21:15 PM »
Definite starter..He's a sit out guy so he wouldn't play with Turner, unless of course he got a waiver.

For some reason, I see transfers all playing next year, so if you think he is a starter, your backcourt might be Burton and Turner??

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #937 on: April 08, 2020, 09:23:14 PM »
Any word if MU is interested?

Bwaaahhaaahahha!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #938 on: April 08, 2020, 09:27:16 PM »
For some reason, I see transfers all playing next year, so if you think he is a starter, your backcourt might be Burton and Turner??

Yes, if he gets a waiver, I could definitely see that as the starting back court. Burton's nickname is "grandpa", because he's an old soul and has been described as very mature and a great leader...just by the thoroughness of how he's gone through the process is a definite indication of that.  I watched Wichita decent amount this last year, and most nights he was their best player on the floor. With his driving ability and Turner's driving ability, I wonder if that will be Wojo's "change in offensive philosophy" next year...guys that can get to the rim and put pressure on the defense repeatedly. Burton did also shoot 38% from 3 last year as well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:30:35 PM by muguru »

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #939 on: April 08, 2020, 10:27:21 PM »
The lads shoes are big
They must be filled by giants
Burton and Turner?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #940 on: April 09, 2020, 05:50:32 AM »
Interview with Turner...decision Sunday or Monday

https://twitter.com/JordanStrack/status/1248049358039404549?s=20

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #941 on: April 09, 2020, 07:59:48 AM »
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
4m
Wichita State transfer Jamarius Burton tells me he will make a  decision this week.

Final list:

Texas Tech
Xavier
Seton Hall
Marquette

Playing in the Big East is of apparent interest.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #942 on: April 09, 2020, 08:34:04 AM »
I watched Wichita decent amount this last year, and most nights he was their best player on the floor.

definitively interesting when you look at this vs top 50 teams and vs top 100 teams from last year:
http://barttorvik.com/playerstat.php?year=2020&p=Jamarius%20Burton&t=Wichita%20St.

other thing of note, 13 of his 24 total made 3P came in 4 games (2 games in November, other 2 games in March). 11 total in the remaining 26 games. With a 9 game stretch in January & February where he went 2/14. so his 38% 3P is misleading.

Some pretty rough EFG & TS numbers, but a nice passer. Will definitely need some shooters around him

muguru

• All American
« Reply #943 on: April 09, 2020, 09:25:52 AM »
Playing in the Big East is of apparent interest.

However, Xavier insiders have said he's not going there, and Hall is expected to get a commit today from Bryce Aiken, leaving them with one scholarship which they have to save for Sonogoa. So...MU or Texas Tech is my guess.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #944 on: April 09, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »
Would love Burton to get the dominoes rolling. Then one of Carton/Turner and that is a hell of a transfer period.

Even 1/3 would be good but I'm holding out hope for 2.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #945 on: April 09, 2020, 11:59:16 AM »
Are there any PF/C grad transfers seriously considering Marquette at this point?
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #946 on: April 09, 2020, 12:09:42 PM »
Are there any PF/C grad transfers seriously considering Marquette at this point?

None that any of them mentioned. MU didn't really express interest in many either(that we know of).

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #947 on: April 09, 2020, 12:10:24 PM »
Aiken commits to SHU, which hopefully takes them out of the running for Burton.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #948 on: April 09, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »
definitively interesting when you look at this vs top 50 teams and vs top 100 teams from last year:
http://barttorvik.com/playerstat.php?year=2020&p=Jamarius%20Burton&t=Wichita%20St.

other thing of note, 13 of his 24 total made 3P came in 4 games (2 games in November, other 2 games in March). 11 total in the remaining 26 games. With a 9 game stretch in January & February where he went 2/14. so his 38% 3P is misleading.

Some pretty rough EFG & TS numbers, but a nice passer. Will definitely need some shooters around him

Have never seen him play.  The numbers linked above are fairly pedestrian.  Having a year to sit out and work on his game would help.  WE obviously need to get some more guards in the program, so would be good to land him.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #949 on: April 09, 2020, 12:17:38 PM »
Have never seen him play.  The numbers linked above are fairly pedestrian.  Having a year to sit out and work on his game would help.  WE obviously need to get some more guards in the program, so would be good to land him.

Elite defensive player too. He's not a go to guy like Carton or Turner but he'd be a solid piece and probably our best guard if the roster stays as currently constructed.

feedback