Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BET To Go On As Planned  (Read 27318 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
BET To Go On As Planned
« on: March 11, 2020, 03:55:54 PM »
Val Ackerman just said it will go on as planned unless the government steps in.  Granted she also said the NCAA told them there was no problem having fans.

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: BET To Go On As Planned
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 04:05:11 PM »
Val Ackerman just said it will go on as planned unless the government steps in.  Granted she also said the NCAA told them there was no problem having fans.
My meathead side loves this.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 04:06:58 PM »
I see very little chance this lasts more than today.  There won't be fans there tomorrow. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Killer Tofu

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 04:07:28 PM »
Very surprised that the Big East Tournament appears to be going ahead as scheduled in one of, if not the largest, outbreak areas in the US.  Seems to be a poor decision.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 04:15:10 PM »
I see very little chance this lasts more than today.  There won't be fans there tomorrow.
Yeah, I suspect there will be a lot of pressure for the BET to go fan-less. So many people in NYC.  The New Rochelle situation should tell them something.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 04:17:14 PM »
Very surprised that the Big East Tournament appears to be going ahead as scheduled in one of, if not the largest, outbreak areas in the US.  Seems to be a poor decision.

The fans for tonight are already there. Keeping my them out of msg now doesn’t really help much.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 04:19:34 PM »
The fans for tonight are already there. Keeping my them out of msg now doesn’t really help much.
Perhaps, but tomorrow could well be a different story.

Killer Tofu

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 04:21:48 PM »

I would have liked to see them come to the conclusion to play without fans earlier this morning rather than Val making an official announcement at what, almost 5pm eastern?

LCDutchman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 04:23:19 PM »
I wish I could go and get a cheap ticket.  What a bunch of idiots.  This is a total joke and overreaction for political purposes.  Started in the Ivy League.  Amazing group of losers.
In heaven Marquette always beats Wisconsin

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »
I wish I could go and get a cheap ticket.  What a bunch of idiots.  This is a total joke and overreaction for political purposes.  Started in the Ivy League.  Amazing group of losers.

Yikes.

Killer Tofu

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 04:28:03 PM »

I am curious who you think started a global pandemic, locked down Italy, etc in order to throw us off their scheme to disrupt US politics? 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »

Lol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 04:43:08 PM »
Perfect

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »
Should go fanless tomorrow, but they ought to announce ASAP (before anyone more gets on a plane to NYC).

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2020, 05:10:48 PM »
Supposed to catch an 8:45 AM out of Midway.
Truly on the fence between this is a total overreaction and 48 out if 30 million have this or that its simply not worth it.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »
Just left NYC two days early.  A veritable ghost town.  Eery.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
a stat I saw in the Atlantic that should put things into perspective:

2 weeks ago: Italy had 322 confirmed cases of the coronavirus
1 week ago: 2,502 
Today: 10,149 
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 05:56:04 PM »
a stat I saw in the Atlantic that should put things into perspective:

2 weeks ago: Italy had 322 confirmed cases of the coronavirus
1 week ago: 2,502 
Today: 10,149 

And their hospitals are at near capacity in certain areas with cases jumping to 12k today and no flattening in their disease curve. It will continue to get worse.

But to those that think this is a stupid overreaction, go and hangout in the small concourses of MSG with a bunch of other people. After all it’s only a 45 min metro ride from New Rochelle.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
6 AM out of MKE tomorrow.  Ready to cancel but waiting for the announcement.

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 06:16:04 PM »

Ill pay for you to visit a hotspot and then see if its a joke.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 06:19:38 PM »
Big Ten and Big 12 will not have fans starting on Thursday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 06:28:22 PM »
Ill pay for you to visit a hotspot and then see if its a joke.

Listen to me carefully...people who have compromised immune systems(underlying conditions) and the elderly are MOST at risk. Everyone else for the most part recovers perfectly fine. That's why I don't understand all the hysteria. Most of the problem is in Italy. is this Italy?? Nope.

I suggest everyone lock your doors, don't go to work, don't go buy groceries or anything. heck, do NOT even step outside, and go to amazon and buy a bubble to live in...oh and wash your hands.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 06:30:34 PM »
Jealousy is such a sad and dangerous thing.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 06:31:44 PM »
Listen to me carefully...people who have compromised immune systems(underlying conditions) and the elderly are MOST at risk. Everyone else for the most part recovers perfectly fine. That's why I don't understand all the hysteria. Most of the problem is in Italy. is this Italy?? Nope.

I suggest everyone lock your doors, don't go to work, don't go buy groceries or anything. heck, do NOT even step outside, and go to amazon and buy a bubble to live in...oh and wash your hands.

Why is this not Italy?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »

This is pretty f ucked up. Basically us middle age and young folk should say screw it will survie it anyways. Well with this attitude this thing spreads like wild fire and inevitably more older folks will be at risk and get the virus. Its impossible for many older folks to never even set foot outside. So nice basically saying you dont care more ppl die. As long we got basketball crowds! Sick! No pun intended.
Also did you just see holes post. 2 weeks ago there 220 confirmed cases. In italy Today 11k . So we aint safe by any means rn

feedback