Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo's perspective  (Read 10403 times)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Re: Wojo's perspective
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2020, 03:07:49 PM »
Have not seen any posts from the two celebrated Wojo worshippers Tower and Cheeks since we continued the big time melt down Is it because they are recalibrating their defense, have fallen asleep at the wheel, or have they switched their allegiance to De Paul?

Probably still asleep, dreaming, while their Wojo White Noise machines play in the distance.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »
Probably still asleep, dreaming, while their Wojo White Noise machines play in the distance.

Cheeks was apparently given a vacation from scoop. All expenses paid.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2020, 03:19:04 PM »
Cheeks was apparently given a vacation from scoop. All expenses paid.
Lol, I've taken that vacay as well.  What'd he say this time?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2020, 03:38:18 PM »
Oh and Marquette has turned off comments on all their YouTube post highlight packages and press conferences. And they report about 60% of twitter responses (even just vanilla criticism). They know.

You have no idea if this is true

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2020, 03:42:55 PM »
You have no idea if this is true
Tweets under “some replies are hidden” or “show more replies” or something along those lines are reported and, thus, hidden.  Most of them are extremely vanilla.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2020, 03:45:54 PM »
Tweets under “some replies are hidden” or “show more replies” or something along those lines are reported and, thus, hidden.  Most of them are extremely vanilla.

Wrong.

But just to make you feel better, I went back through the last month and 60% of the responses are not "hidden"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 03:47:34 PM by jesmu84 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2020, 03:47:13 PM »
If I was Wojo I would be double checking that my direct deposit info was accurate.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2020, 03:58:09 PM »
Wrong.

But just to make you feel better, I went back through the last month and 60% of the responses are not "hidden"
Sorry “reported” was probably the wrong nomenclature. They’ve chosen to “hide” these replies. Potatoe potahto to me.

A simple google search of “twitter - hide replies” will show you this.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2020, 04:07:41 PM »
Well, we will see what Wojo will do and what he is made of.  Adversity is all around.  Will he rise to the occasion or retreat?  I kind of hope he sticks around just to piss people off.  Pretty entertaining stuff this board.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2020, 04:56:37 PM »
he looks tired lately; a little lost.

Death on call

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2020, 05:01:07 PM »
Doesn't sound like you really have confidence that you can bed Jessica Alba to me.

I have complete confidence, sadly like the MU fan base with Wojo, Jessica does not share my confidence.  At least that is what the restraining order alluded to.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2020, 05:56:18 PM »

crap performance.
Looks like he is pulling his pants up after his last, but he does have a look of relief on his face like "Glad I got that over"
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2020, 07:50:59 PM »
I have complete confidence, sadly like the MU fan base with Wojo, Jessica does not share my confidence.  At least that is what the restraining order alluded to.

Jeter Herpes Tree avoided, hey?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2020, 09:04:58 PM »
Yes ...disappointed after almost 6 seasons andNCAA wins - but we had VERY bad draws in the NCAA first round of the NCAA tourney , with South Caroline and Murray State.   Very bad.   

Losing ng games like last night is very disheartening.  It makes you wonder.  We beat Villanova and lose to DePaul.  How is that possible? 

Our shooters have not been lights-out the last few games.  In fact, it looks like they are shooting with the lights out.   Open shots as well as contested.  Coaching issue?  Maybe.  I’m just trying to be fair.   When your 2-4 scorers don’t score much, that is a tough road to victory.  When we shoot 30% it is a problem.   Defense has not been perfect but not bad.  Improved.   

I think our players look lost and hesitant to shoot.   Maybe a coaching issue, but they are not performing.  Even free throw percentage is down.  the issues are not all coaching.   Yeah, direct your players to shoot etc.   we had open shots. Didn’t fall.

Don’t know what the solution is, but it is The problems are muti-dimensional.   

panda

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2020, 09:30:18 PM »
Yes ...disappointed after almost 6 seasons andNCAA wins - but we had VERY bad draws in the NCAA first round of the NCAA tourney , with South Caroline and Murray State.   Very bad.   

Losing ng games like last night is very disheartening.  It makes you wonder.  We beat Villanova and lose to DePaul.  How is that possible? 

Our shooters have not been lights-out the last few games.  In fact, it looks like they are shooting with the lights out.   Open shots as well as contested.  Coaching issue?  Maybe.  I’m just trying to be fair.   When your 2-4 scorers don’t score much, that is a tough road to victory.  When we shoot 30% it is a problem.   Defense has not been perfect but not bad.  Improved.   

I think our players look lost and hesitant to shoot.   Maybe a coaching issue, but they are not performing.  Even free throw percentage is down.  the issues are not all coaching.   Yeah, direct your players to shoot etc.   we had open shots. Didn’t fall.

It’s a psychological problem at this point and Wojo seems like he has no more moves left. Mentality starts from the top and Wojo is lost yet again on the second time through the round robin. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2020, 04:49:13 AM »
Our shooters have not been lights-out the last few games.  In fact, it looks like they are shooting with the lights out.

Good line.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2020, 06:58:22 AM »

I am not one for a pep talk, but you have to believe you can work your magic from a distance of 150 feet at all times.  Slap on some extra Old Spice and go to it.

connie

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2020, 07:02:00 AM »
500 feet might call for Brut
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2020, 07:06:33 AM »
It’s a psychological problem at this point and Wojo seems like he has no more moves left. Mentality starts from the top and Wojo is lost yet again on the second time through the round robin.

The team has not quit on Wojo (to their credit, and his I suppose), but they seem to be in that pre-quit phase aimlessly running through the same plays and schemes that have not worked and continually failing.  Eventually, the players no longer buy into the system and chaos ensues. 

I honestly thought last year's Murray State game was a situation where the players did not buy into the system.  That second half was brutal.  I cannot believe we are are at the same place this year.  Marquette should have made the change last year before Hausershima.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2020, 07:08:03 AM »
500 feet might call for Brut

I thought Brut was banned as a hazardous substance that caused contact blindness.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2020, 07:28:44 AM »
I thought Brut was banned as a hazardous substance that caused contact blindness.
Nobody needs to question the great smell of Brut, two words, sex magnet.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2020, 08:32:47 AM »
The team has not quit on Wojo (to their credit, and his I suppose), but they seem to be in that pre-quit phase aimlessly running through the same plays and schemes that have not worked and continually failing.  Eventually, the players no longer buy into the system and chaos ensues. 

I honestly thought last year's Murray State game was a situation where the players did not buy into the system.  That second half was brutal.  I cannot believe we are are at the same place this year.  Marquette should have made the change last year before Hausershima

The Murray State game was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. The same announcers called the FSU-MS game two days later and the female announcer was commenting on how good FSU's defense was. Then she added the perfect zinger. "They play their positions. You don't see them collapsing 5 [/b]guys on Morant." Ouch! No question who the "zingee" was.

If someone here has a tape of that disastrous game' please check out Sam's reaction coming out of Wojo's early second half timeout and post it. Sam had a look of "what the F", rolled his eyes and shook his head in disgust. Apparently Wojo had just told them "No change in the defense. Carry on." That may well have been the pivotal moment for Sam.

Let's make things even more interesting. If anyone has access to Wojo's pregame speech to the stone faced players (PLAY ANGRY!) please post that as well.

In fairness to the "projos" ( although I really do not like the projos/nojos narrative as I think it mirrors our country's political polarization) they have the stats to back up their support of him. And kudos to them for hanging in there with him even while we are in the midst of yet another late season collapse. My disagreement with them is based on the admittedly very subjective "eye test". This is specifically where Wojo fails and was on full display in Chicago on Tuesday. My eyes were very sore.     
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2020, 08:36:07 AM »

Agree, it's not an in-game coaching issue, or a who's playing/not playing issue.  The fact is that 3 of the 5 starters aren't good.  Sacar goes silent for stretches, Koby has been terrible, and BB is a bust IMO.  If I'm Wojo, the thought of building a team around Koby & BB is enough to for me to find another job.  In brief, leave while you're at the top, because tomorrow ain't looking pretty. 
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
Apologies for my post being all bolded. I erred and could not figure out how to bail out of it.

If the mods can delete the bolded, please do so Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:43:40 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2020, 09:00:35 AM »
Agree, it's not an in-game coaching issue, or a who's playing/not playing issue.  The fact is that 3 of the 5 starters aren't good.  Sacar goes silent for stretches, Koby has been terrible, and BB is a bust IMO.  If I'm Wojo, the thought of building a team around Koby & BB is enough to for me to find another job.  In brief, leave while you're at the top, because tomorrow ain't looking pretty.

What about the 4th starter? Theo ain’t gonna make anyone forget Wilt Chamberlain. Bottom line, all of our non Markus players (GE, Jayce and Jamal too) have MOMENTS where they’re really good. That’s what role players do - have moments. And when we watch these moments we want them to be who these guys really are - because we’re fans. Fool’s gold.

feedback