Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Boo this  (Read 20183 times)

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
Re: Boo this
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 01:52:34 PM »
We were prepared today. The rest was needed and the game plan well executed. Our defensive rotations were great but having multiple scoring threats has opened things up for everyone. With Markus, Sacar, Koby and Brendan all contributing.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2020, 01:53:38 PM »
Jayce looked great and probably is SOTG. However, I finally saw Theo do what he should be doing — catch and shoot. You put the ball on the floor and you turn it over.

Catch and shoot. Both of them did that today and, guess what, we won. We dominated inside and outside.

Nice job guys

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2020, 01:53:50 PM »
Read the Butler board.

They obviously hated the officiating.

More surprising is how much they apparently hate us.

Markus, Wojo and Theo taking bullets from all angles

A few shots tossed at Koby even.

I can only stand about 65% of the posters on MU Scoop, why would I want to check out a different school's board?

If Theo took an actual bullet, he'd still get called for a foul.

I'm sure Koby took fewer shots on Butler's board than this one.

There, I feel better.  Gonna go shovel

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2020, 01:54:40 PM »
Will never say we are a better team without Markus but at one point he sent him to tge scorers table n then we were playing so well he pulled him back.  Not sure how many times that has happened in the last 3.5 yrs

Pretty sure that was a function of the clock getting under the 8 minute media timeout, so, he was coming back to bench at next stoppage of play anyway.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »
Read the Butler board.

They obviously hated the officiating.

More surprising is how much they apparently hate us.

Markus, Wojo and Theo taking bullets from all angles

A few shots tossed at Koby even.

I thought there were quite a few home friendly calls but I guess you take the good with the bad.

Really solid effort all around today - Wojo had a week to prepare and he did. Helps when 2 of 3 of Sacar/Koby/Bailey are hitting.

@Nova is complete house money. Win there are we're in the protected seed conversation. But even lose there and we're still only going to be talking about seeding this month - that's nice.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2020, 01:57:15 PM »
Only downside is we need the crowd in their seats at the start of the game. I'm sure the snow slowed some down.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:00:18 PM by mu_hilltopper »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2020, 02:04:05 PM »
Butler fans are an underrated hateable lot

Luckiest fin fanbase in the history of any sport.  7-8 years ago Butler was in the Horizon league, how the F they wound up in the Big East is almost incomprehensible. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2020, 02:19:57 PM »
Conspiracy: Call me crazy, but I think the Jump Around guy (Rick Smith) was not in attendance and the video crew inserted old clips of him Jumping Around.

Also, while Wojo was boo'd at the intro, the boo-ometer was not as high as it was last week.    Getting hard to boo a coach who has won 6 of 7.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2020, 02:20:45 PM »
Conspiracy: Call me crazy, but I think the Jump Around guy (Rick Smith) was not in attendance and the video crew inserted old clips of him Jumping Around.

Also, while Wojo was boo'd at the intro, the boo-ometer was not as high as it was last week.    Getting hard to boo a coach who has won 6 of 7.

Your conspiracy is correct.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »
Luckiest fin fanbase in the history of any sport.  7-8 years ago Butler was in the Horizon league, how the F they wound up in the Big East is almost incomprehensible.

I don’t care for them, but they had a long history of success in the 00s. Collier to Matta had Butler humming then Lickliter kept it going. He had a few mediocre years but still made 2 S16s in 5 years.  4 in a decade across 2 coaches in a conference like the Horizon is incredibly impressive. They were more deserving than Creighton based on results

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2020, 02:23:54 PM »
The defensive effort was very encouraging. The team seems like it's gelling. Now Nova on the road...

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2020, 02:26:12 PM »

Pretty easy if your BB IQ is low.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »
1.   Had a very pleasant NMD experience.   About 25 of us.   
2.   If anybody complains about anything this game, they are a complete and utter moron and/or loser.
3.   Hack a Jayce and made them pay.   
4.   A week of rest and refocus led to fresh legs and inspired play.
5.   Nobody can accuse Markus of forcing it today. 
6.   OK, maybe Sacar forced some stuff.   More importantly, some good shots didn't go.   
7.  Jayce> Theo today
8.   Revenge is sweet.   Next.

You mean there was a game? I was just there to drink beer and eat pizza.....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »
It was good pizza.   And a pleasure to visit.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2020, 02:30:29 PM »
1.   Had a very pleasant NMD experience.   About 25 of us.   
2.   If anybody complains about anything this game, they are a complete and utter moron and/or loser.
3.   Hack a Jayce and made them pay.   
4.   A week of rest and refocus led to fresh legs and inspired play.
5.   Nobody can accuse Markus of forcing it today. 
6.   OK, maybe Sacar forced some stuff.   More importantly, some good shots didn't go.   
7.  Jayce> Theo today
8.   Revenge is sweet.   Next.

Jayce and Brendan with strong games. Shots will fall from perimeter when shooting off of catch, make extra pass. Kobe and Markus forced some at times. Kobe can get a little too aggressive at times when his man scores or creates on the other end. As mentioned, Wojo put his arm around Markus and had a nice discussion. We were scoring, playing well, didn't need forced hero ball today. Many times MU has needed it and Markus has come through often. But didn't need it today. Cain may be one of the best mid range shooters on the team. His length and touch from 10-15.

At times too much dribble and ball pounding caused turnovers. Credit Butler there for taking advantage. We don't have good enough ball handlers for that. But need to be a little bit stronger on the ball.

Strong team effort, good depth. Very good game plan today. Lots of paint buckets and FT's.

On to the next one.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:32:00 PM by shoothoops »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 02:33:16 PM »
Your conspiracy is correct.

He's 69 years young, but he won't be around forever.

They need to start working on Hologram Jump Around Guy.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »
You mean there was a game? I was just there to drink beer and eat pizza.....
Just like freshman year at Angelo's.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Scat

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2020, 02:37:58 PM »
Only downside is we need the crowd in there seats at the start of the game. I'm sure the snow slowed some down.

NMD was a clear success when that is the biggest downside. 

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2020, 02:41:43 PM »

I was in the section right next to the students by the Marquette bench, boos were coming from them. It was muffled, not very noticeable thankfully.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2020, 02:43:30 PM »
I'm curious for others take on this: I think Lavall Jordan is a dirty coach.

After the under-4 timeout, trailing by 14, they tried to intentionally foul Sacar, then intentionally fouled Jayce. I get it, their only theoretical way back in was for us to have empty trips and them to keep scoring, but this is a trend. The game was effectively over. They fouled Jayce three times spanning that timeout. They even fouled Markus in the backcourt down 19 with 2:42 to play.

The last time I saw a team so blatantly fouling in a game that was obviously lost was Butler last year when Howard got injured in this same game.

Is this a coincidence? Has anyone else paid close enough attention to Butler to see if they do this in other blowout losses? Fouling Jayce, even when the game is pretty much over, is one thing. Fouling Howard, who leads the country in free throws made? WTF, Lavall?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 02:44:18 PM »
I never hear those students boo during the week night games.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »
I was in the section right next to the students by the Marquette bench, boos were coming from them. It was muffled, not very noticeable thankfully.

18 to 22 year olds are super sharp.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2020, 02:54:18 PM »

After the under-4 timeout, trailing by 14, they tried to intentionally foul Sacar, then intentionally fouled Jayce. I get it, their only theoretical way back in was for us to have empty trips and them to keep scoring, but this is a trend. The game was effectively over. They fouled Jayce three times spanning that timeout. They even fouled Markus in the backcourt down 19 with 2:42 to play.

The last time I saw a team so blatantly fouling in a game that was obviously lost was Butler last year when Howard got injured in this same game.

Is this a coincidence? Has anyone else paid close enough attention to Butler to see if they do this in other blowout losses? Fouling Jayce, even when the game is pretty much over, is one thing. Fouling Howard, who leads the country in free throws made? WTF, Lavall?

I don't think there is anything dirty about intentionally fouling, especially a bad FT shooter. It's actually pretty smart.

Now, I was with my NMD group and was fairly far from the TV, so answer me this, brewski: Were the fouls overly aggressive? Was there intent to injure?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2020, 02:56:16 PM »
I don't think there is anything dirty about intentionally fouling, especially a bad FT shooter. It's actually pretty smart.

Now, I was with my NMD group and was fairly far from the TV, so answer me this, brewski: Were the fouls overly aggressive? Was there intent to injure?

I didn't think there was anything dirty about the strategy or the fouls themselves. Fouling bad foul shooters and hoping they miss was Butler's only hope at that point. Kudos to Jayce for making them pay for it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »

How is that “dirty?”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback