Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Garcia article from Ben Steele  (Read 5356 times)

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: Garcia article from Ben Steele
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »
Good article.  This coaching staff does an outstanding job establishing relationships.  A few wins in March would go a long way to securing more recruits like Dawson.  The growth of the program could still be exponential if that happens. Very much hoping for a  strong finish to this season.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 11:00:06 AM »
Only for subscribers.

Just signed up. This article was definitely worth the $0.99 for the first month. Good insight into the recruiting process for him.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 11:26:14 AM »
Impressive for Ben to head up to Minny and catch one of Dawson's games.  Great story.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »
Impressive for Ben to head up to MinnyMinnesota and catch one of Dawson's games.  Great story.

FIFY
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 11:30:02 AM »
What this article shows is how MU is thinking outside the box, going to visit the grandparents is impressive and flying in crab from Baltimore for Lewis to eat, small
touches that can be different makers, hopefully Mane will come as well.  Dawson is a game changer type player but it is still a guard oriented sport so Mane is really
important.  Not sold that Koby can be the player next year at the guard position. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 11:44:48 AM »
What this article shows is how MU is thinking outside the box, going to visit the grandparents is impressive and flying in crab from Baltimore for Lewis to eat, small
touches that can be different makers, hopefully Mane will come as well.  Dawson is a game changer type player but it is still a guard oriented sport so Mane is really
important.  Not sold that Koby can be the player next year at the guard position.

Next year will likely be more like 2017 in my opinion with a lot of guys averaging 10-14 pts. If we land Mane I see him Koby Dawson and Bailey all averaging low double figures as opposed to having that "go to guy"
Maigh Eo for Sam

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 12:36:21 PM »

Do we fly in lobster for Mane?  ;D

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 01:19:28 PM »

👏👏👏

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 01:31:08 PM »
I think poutine has it's origin in Quebec

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »
DG had 36 tonight......forced maybe 1 or 2 shots. Played really well in a 1 point win.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 07:33:03 AM »

Go big... have them change the name to Mane lobster.    Hell, have them change the spelling of the state, too.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 09:26:55 AM »
maybe we could get Karim to change the pronounciation of his last name to match the state.  "ma-NAY" lobster is a bit weak.

Notre Dame had Theismann change the name to rhyme with Heisman.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 09:31:29 AM »
maybe we could get Karim to change the pronounciation of his last name to match the state.  "ma-NAY" lobster is a bit weak.

Notre Dame had Theismann change the name to rhyme with Heisman.

As an aside Ma-nays on a Lobster roll is no good.  CT hot buttered is the only way to go. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »

I was thinking bringing in Abdul Jabbar to talk about Milwaukee
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 01:36:55 PM »
I was thinking bringing in Abdul Jabbar to talk about Milwaukee

Didn't he force his way out of Milwaukee?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 03:29:21 PM »
Didn't he force his way out of Milwaukee?

He did, but recently he's said that he didn't properly appreciate the city at the time and has come to love Milwaukee since he's been retired.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 03:39:01 PM »
He likes it again because they are paying him to come here, be realistic money talks

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 03:41:36 PM »
He likes it again because they are paying him to come here, be realistic money talks

Fine, then MU can pay him to talk up Milwaukee.   #donedeal
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback