'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 03:19:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo on the Jim Rome show  (Read 23783 times)

tower912

• All American
Wojo on the Jim Rome show
« on: February 04, 2020, 04:04:01 PM »
Themes:   Markus does not get the respect he deserves.     Conference coaches with familiarity game plan for him and he is still averaging nearly 30 per game.   How can it ever be a 'quiet 31?'      Big East is the toughest conference.      Kobe Bryant stories.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: Wojo on the Jim Rome show
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 04:16:28 PM »
Themes:   Markus does not get the respect he deserves.     Conference coaches with familiarity game plan for him and he is still averaging nearly 30 per game.   How can it ever be a 'quiet 31?'      Big East is the toughest conference.      Kobe Bryant stories.   

All those things regarding Markus can be true and it still doesn't mean that opposing coaches game plans aren't working. With a Markus-centric offense, almost every game is a coin flip.

I'm really looking for a more balanced offense going forward. Starting with the Butler game.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »
Jim Rome is burning is still alive?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 04:27:53 PM »
Phenomenal.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
All those things regarding Markus can be true and it still doesn't mean that opposing coaches game plans aren't working. With a Markus-centric offense, almost every game is a coin flip.

I'm really looking for a more balanced offense going forward. Starting with the Butler game.

How many games that Markus scored over 30 have we lost?
You must know because u wont stfu about it.  I do know that he has gone over 30 10 times this year and we are 9-1 in those 10.  My guess is our winning percentage is similar in other years when our offense is unbalanced.  Plz stfu!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:33:55 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 04:38:00 PM »
Sorry  but I HAD to check....You know, Inquiring minds have to know... 30+ points....MU has LOST, 4x in 4 years ! ! ! 

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 04:47:16 PM »
How many games that Markus scored over 30 have we lost?
You must know because u wont stfu about it.  I do know that he has gone over 30 10 times this year and we are 9-1 in those 10.  My guess is our winning percentage is similar in other years when our offense is unbalanced.  Plz stfu!!

I believe it was clear I was referring to in conference games. I don't believe we are 9-1 in conference. Markus-centric doesn't require Markus to score any specific amount of points, it's more about usage.  It can lead to wins and losses but it can also stunt other players development and their confidence. It's also proven to be unsustainable as evidenced by the teams lack of postseason success.

The chant goes " We are Marquette "

Not, " We are Markus "

I say this as a huge Markus fan.

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 04:51:28 PM »
12-2 in Markus career when he scores 35+

2 losses were @ Nova his sophomore year and Providence this year

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 05:05:00 PM »
Pretty sure we should be checking less on how many wins there are when Markus drops 30+ and what the win/lose difference is depending on how well he shoots in a given day.

IE: Great when he is 10/13 and hot as hell, not so much when hes 1/17.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 05:06:23 PM »
You must know because u wont stfu about it anything. 
FIFY
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 05:38:33 PM »
When your best player plays/shoots well you’ll win more often, and when he doesn’t you’ll lose more often?

I’ve heard it all now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 05:41:42 PM »
When your best player plays/shoots well you’ll win more often, and when he doesn’t you’ll lose more often?

I’ve heard it all now.

He's not the best colorman in the business for nothing, folks.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 06:14:10 PM »

I’ve heard it all now.

Yeah, some people missed the point I was making about how the other coaches in the conference are content to game plan for Markus. He will get his points on a respectable shooting percentage or not, and he will get fouled and go to the line at a respectable clip or not. Marquette is likely to win or lose based largely on the outcome of those two things.

Regardless, Markus will have to work his ass off and take a beating. The wear and tear will most likely catch up to Markus as the season progresses, and the impact on Markus' game will have a disproportionately adverse effect on the Marquette team as a whole. (See the end of last season).

The other coaches in conference are aware of this and I hope Wojo is as well. People want Wojo to make in game adjustment?? How about in season adjustments??

Starting with the Butler game, I expect to see a more balanced scoring attack for the rest of the season, and if it doesn't materialize, I expect a repeat of the end of last season.

If nothing changes, Wojo truly will be to blame.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 06:33:45 PM »
Yeah, some people missed the point I was making about how the other coaches in the conference are content to game plan for Markus. He will get his points on a respectable shooting percentage or not, and he will get fouled and go to the line at a respectable clip or not. Marquette is likely to win or lose based largely on the outcome of those two things.

Regardless, Markus will have to work his ass off and take a beating. The wear and tear will most likely catch up to Markus as the season progresses, and the impact on Markus' game will have a disproportionately adverse effect on the Marquette team as a whole. (See the end of last season).

The other coaches in conference are aware of this and I hope Wojo is as well. People want Wojo to make in game adjustment?? How about in season adjustments??

Starting with the Butler game, I expect to see a more balanced scoring attack for the rest of the season, and if it doesn't materialize, I expect a repeat of the end of last season.

Wow, your posts are incessant. Do you ever even pause to take a breath?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 06:38:39 PM »
WhoaJoe

Great posts!! Keep it up.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »

That's funny......

I'll bet people spend a lot more time researching statistics and twisting them to suit their arguments than I do simply making observations in real time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 07:09:47 PM »

He’s averaging almost 26 post per day. You can’t stop him, you can only hope to contain him!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 07:30:51 PM »
1.08 phpr (per hour posting rate)
Goal is National Championship

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »
1.08 phpr (per hour posting rate)

It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until Scoop is dead.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 07:38:48 PM »
WhoaJoe

Great posts!! Keep it up.

It won't work.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 07:43:41 PM »
It won't work.

Goose, particularly lately, seems to be enamored with you.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 07:47:55 PM »
It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until Scoop is dead.

The Beavis and Butthead Experience?

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 07:55:32 PM »

It also feeds on mindless anger and aggression, like that alien entity in the original Star Trek series.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2020, 07:58:47 PM »

Sorry, you really think that coaches are content to game plan for Markus? I think it’s the exact opposite. Look at the “iceing” of ball screens this year and last year. Can’t do that against Markus. We don’t/ won’t appreciate probably ever how much teams have to game plan for him.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »
This guys has to be another incarnation of chicos.  Nothing else can explain this. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

feedback