[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52234 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »
OSU has lost 6 of 7, most by double digits while looking awful and still sits at 13 in the Kenpom. It has its faults

With their non-con m, I’d say KP is accurately ranking their season.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2020, 09:22:02 PM »
This is flat out embarrassing for our fans and program. What good does it do to boo Wojo or put up “Fire Wojo” signs on campus? The Administration doesn’t care about your opinion. If anything, this will make our program look bad to everyone, including future recruits. Just plain stupidity.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2020, 09:24:47 PM »
I would love Mick Cronin!  Thanks for the inspiration!!!🙌🙌🙌

unless i'm missing soemthing, ucla is 10-9 and 3-3 in that powerful pac-10  i'd think scoop would've been running him outta town about half a season ago
don't...don't don't don't don't

Norm

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2020, 09:27:02 PM »
And what is with the signs in the dorms of "Wojo is a cuck"? Isn't that a right wing meme to disparage your opponent?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2020, 09:30:14 PM »
unless i'm missing soemthing, ucla is 10-9 and 3-3 in that powerful pac-10  i'd think scoop would've been running him outta town about half a season ago
What's the record after 5.5 years

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2020, 09:33:38 PM »

Wojo wasn't run out of town when his first team finished tied for ninth in the Big East.  I'm not sure where you're getting your assumptions from.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2020, 09:38:30 PM »
Enjoy it?  Not really.  It's expected though because I know how to identify Wojo's weaknesses and project them into expectations.  I've said this in previous posts about Wojo and even the commentators last night were bringing up weaknesses that I've pointed out in the past.   You don't want to listen, that's fine.

Will bet you we win the next 2. $100 to a charity of your choice if they dont win the next 2.

Did the same thing after the SHU loss and said we'd win 3 in a row. Nobody took me up on it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2020, 09:39:04 PM »
What's the record after 5.5 years
  well, let's see-that would be 55-49.5 and 16.5-16.5  hmmm...
don't...don't don't don't don't

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2020, 09:46:57 PM »
  well, let's see-that would be 55-49.5 and 16.5-16.5  hmmm...
;D made me laugh

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2020, 09:53:19 PM »
This "soft" MU team that "doesn't play hard" leads the Big East in rebounds per game, is 3rd in free throw attempts per game (0.2 attempts per game behind 2nd), 3rd in blocks per game, and tied for 3rd in defensive field goal percentage.

The only thing soft about Marquette is their fanbase.

Is the team perfect?  No.  Is the coach perfect?  No.  Yet they're 26 in KenPom and 25 in the NET rankings.  Some people here act like this team is 1-7 in conference play and like the Big East is a mid major.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2020, 09:58:39 PM »
This "soft" MU team that "doesn't play hard" leads the Big East in rebounds per game, is 3rd in free throw attempts per game (0.2 attempts per game behind 2nd), 3rd in blocks per game, and tied for 3rd in defensive field goal percentage.

Is the team perfect?  No.  Is the coach perfect?  No.  Yet they're 26 in KenPom and 25 in the NET rankings.  Some people here act like this team is 1-7 in conference play and like the Big East is a mid major.

Perfectly stated.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2020, 10:08:02 PM »

This

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »
This is flat out embarrassing for our fans and program. What good does it do to boo Wojo or put up “Fire Wojo” signs on campus? The Administration doesn’t care about your opinion. If anything, this will make our program look bad to everyone, including future recruits. Just plain stupidity.

Yep.  No good can come from it no matter what you think about him.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2020, 10:24:04 PM »

I agree, just like a recruit(Mane) reading some of the stupidity on scoop could affect his decision.

Don't worry though, I've been assured by those same scoopers that there's no chance of that happening.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2020, 10:32:56 PM »
I agree, just like a recruit(Mane) reading some of the stupidity on scoop could affect his decision.

Don't worry though, I've been assured by those same scoopers that there's no chance of that happening.

Our coach directed his team to foul in a tie game last night.  But your concerned what’s posted here may keep him from playing at MU, not that our coach he’s considering playing for is incompetent to handle a close game.   Now that’s stupidity.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:34:35 PM by HutchwasClutch »

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2020, 10:38:44 PM »
Our coach directed his team to foul in a tie game last night.  But your concerned what’s posted here may keep him from playing at MU, not that our coach he’s considering playing for is incompetent to handle a close game.   Now that’s stupidity.

An intelligent person would be worried about both.

I guess that counts you out.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2020, 10:42:57 PM »

Yup, he screwed up and OWNED it.  If he hadn’t then I would be worried.  Not the reason we lost the game, but you are correct he screwed up and he owned it multiple times.  Do you want him to crucify himself?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2020, 10:54:31 PM »
An intelligent person would be worried about both.

I guess that counts you out.

So, ours is the only fan board that dares to have critical words uttered about our coach and program direction? The other boards that Mane and other recruits reads (I’ll take your word they do) is pure intelligence, keen insight,  and never a discouraging word, 24/7/365?!  Sure.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2020, 10:56:46 PM »
So, ours is the only fan board that dares to have critical words uttered about our coach and program direction? The other boards that Mane and other recruits reads (I’ll take your word they do) is pure intelligence, keen insight,  and never a discouraging word, 24/7/365?!  Sure.

I seem to recall the Maryland fans call their coach "Turd" on their message board. That was when they were ranked in the top #5 before MU played them.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2020, 11:02:31 PM »
Yup, he screwed up and OWNED it.  If he hadn’t then I would be worried.  Not the reason we lost the game, but you are correct he screwed up and he owned it multiple times.  Do you want him to crucify himself?

He owned it, wonderful. He signaled to foul immediately after possession changed, so he couldn’t exactly hide from it.

You’re good with incompetence out of our coach.  What other areas of life do you accept incompetence? 

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »

This is the only fan board I give a flip about. Not to mention that Marquette is the front runner for Manes services.

And critical words, sure, I do it myself. But constantly trashing Wojo over every decision he makes whether it's subjective or objective, and calling for him to be replaced in the middle of a competitive season, and a heated recruiting battle shows a lack of common sense bordering on stupidity.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:43:42 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2020, 11:31:27 PM »
He owned it, wonderful. He signaled to foul immediately after possession changed, so he couldn’t exactly hide from it.

You’re good with incompetence out of our coach.  What other areas of life do you accept incompetence?

I guess he's the only coach that's ever made a mistake late game. Thanks for enlightening us. You know, because maybe if he were a robot and not human it wouldn't have occurred.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »

I’m also understanding that people make mistakes.  That doesn’t make someone incompetent.  I was all over him last night for what he did.  I also commend him for owning it immediately.

And yes, he could have hidden from it by claiming it was a strategy as some insisted he would do...he didn’t.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2020, 11:43:36 PM »
Will bet you we win the next 2. $100 to a charity of your choice if they dont win the next 2.

Did the same thing after the SHU loss and said we'd win 3 in a row. Nobody took me up on it.

C'mon man...neither of your two proclamations are very bold. In the first instance that I bolded, MU played SJU, Georgetown and Xavier...not exactly a who's who of College basketball. That isn't exactly Nostradamus level predictions right there.

In this current instance, you want someone to bet you that they will beat Xavier and Depaul?? C'mon man! Again, those aren't predictions that are going out on a ledge. If someone actually bets you, truly believing they will lose those games, then there's something wrong. Conversely, if MU doesn't win both of those, there is something VERY wrong...far more then anyone could have imagined.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2020, 11:54:34 PM »
C'mon man...neither of your two proclamations are very bold. In the first instance that I bolded, MU played SJU, Georgetown and Xavier...not exactly a who's who of College basketball. That isn't exactly Nostradamus level predictions right there.

In this current instance, you want someone to bet you that they will beat Xavier and Depaul?? C'mon man! Again, those aren't predictions that are going out on a ledge. If someone actually bets you, truly believing they will lose those games, then there's something wrong. Conversely, if MU doesn't win both of those, there is something VERY wrong...far more then anyone could have imagined.

You don't think there are people on scoop pessimistic enough to believe MU won't lose 1/3 games? Sure they aren't the "who's who" of cbb, but every team in the BE is capable of beating some big time teams. I don't think it's farfetched at all to think MU loses in either scenario. Far from very wrong. Not because I have low expectations, but because I'm realistic.

feedback