[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This could get ugly...  (Read 6888 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: This could get ugly...
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2020, 01:45:47 PM »
No, only your kneepads will be angry.
Somebody's Depends are in a twist today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 02:27:53 PM »

Sumwon kneaded ta put a size 13 in da vasinity of Baldwin's nads. Nothin' else wuz workin', hey?

Sorta like wut da bulldogs did ta Markus, a ina?

That%u2019s along the lines of what I was thinking too. A hard foul can serve its purpose. Butler did it to Markus, didn%u2019t get penalized for it and it totally knocked him out of the game.

Fair play, aina?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 02:30:40 PM by MDMU04 »
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 02:33:32 PM »
Very well reasoned and thought out as usual Tower...

My concern, players will note this:

Sacar, Koby, BB, Jamal
12-20 from 3

Markus
4-18 from 3

And yet Markus dribbled into a double team and jacked a 3 with 8 seconds left.  That’s my concern.
It’s obvious that as a Senior Markus hasn’t learned when it’s not his night how to reign it in and get others involved. The fact he hasn’t learned this and is allowed to continue to hurt the team in games like last night is a Wojo problem.
No Finish Line

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2020, 02:34:37 PM »
I have read some supremely stupid things on scoop over the years, especially after a loss, but this may be the most stupid of them all.  I struggle to understand how a person of even below average intelligence can write something so asinine.

Care to expand on why?  Or should we just discount Duane's opinion because you said so?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2020, 06:21:28 PM »
The same way we folded after losing at home to Providence? A lot of hot air here. I expect the team to come out strong at Xavier.

LOL Of course you'd say this...without taking into account who they played in those 3 games. I said after those 3 games(before they even started), that MU would win the net three and everyone would suddenly think everything was okay..I said except they wouldn't really be okay it would be more a product of who they beat that would deceive everyone..well...last night happened. Further ehibiting everything is NOT okay.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 06:29:23 PM »
LOL Of course you'd say this...without taking into account who they played in those 3 games. I said after those 3 games(before they even started), that MU would win the net three and everyone would suddenly think everything was okay..I said except they wouldn't really be okay it would be more a product of who they beat that would deceive everyone..well...last night happened. Further ehibiting everything is NOT okay.

Yeah. They beat teams that are currently 7, 8 and 9 in the Big East. Two of them at home.

So congrats???
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 06:33:55 PM »

I think the main divide is that the Pro Wojo camp isn't as basketball literate as the No Wojo posse'.  After reading many of these posts, it's safe to say that most Pro Wojo's do not understand the nuances of college basketball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 06:45:59 PM »
Yeah. They beat teams that are currently 7, 8 and 9 in the Big East. Two of them at home.

So congrats???

Also best the #2 team in the conference....what’s wrong Sultan...you used to come armed with some facts half the time and now you sound like a manager.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2020, 06:59:07 PM »
There were many opportunities for wojo to get real passionate and maybe even get a well-timed technical, aka big Al.  Show the team you are with them and willing to fight for them. Tell them they should hear the crowd like they were the home team...something to try to shift the momentum.

Not to be afraid to tell markus, even though he could off at any moment, that maybe it isn’t his night and to look for BB and sacar

And of course, stop the dude named mr Baldwin
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 11:07:07 PM »
Any team that blows a critical game they controlled and appeared to have won always have a hangover effect the next game or two.

However as we saw last year when we fell apart and lost 6 of our last 7....Wojo hangovers are much harsher than your average beer hangover.

Having said this we can write off the Xavier road game this week. The Vegas MIT grads that set the spread will know this too so there won’t be a chance to make easy money if Marquette were somehow favored.

Then playing DePaul at home used to be the way to stop any losing streak in season’s past but this is a new and improved DePaul team that is both capable and hungry.

The question then becomes can we then reverse the curse by beating Butler at home on National Marquette Day in a sold out Fiserv?  Perhaps but a sold out Fiserv on Senior Day didn’t help us beat a bad Georgetown team last year either.

The Hauser’s wouldn’t have both transferred if they didn’t experience what they perceived to be egregious dysfunction and incompetence from our coaching staff.  Nor would Ed Morrow quit with just couple months left in his last season. I’m not a fan of anyone who leaves and quits on Marquette but at the same time there appears to be something very dysfunctional with Wojo coached teams which goes beyond what we witness just during the games.

Let’s hope they figure it out and we don’t completely collapse again.

Bump

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2020, 11:38:26 PM »
Bump

Yep.

Obviously, the main divide is that the No Wojo camp isn't as basketball literate as the Pro Wojo posse'.  After reading many of these posts, it's safe to say that most No Wojo's do not understand the nuances of college basketball.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 01:43:37 AM »
Yep.

Obviously, the main divide is that the No Wojo camp isn't as basketball literate as the Pro Wojo posse'.  After reading many of these posts, it's safe to say that most No Wojo's do not understand the nuances of college basketball.

I think it is a mix.  Some have no damn clue.

Others are searching for a unicorn and do know, but their expectations are attached to a rainbow.  Verdict rendered
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire