collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by Herman Cain
[Today at 06:15:50 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best PayPal Alternative?  (Read 2492 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Best PayPal Alternative?
« on: January 24, 2020, 04:36:45 PM »
I have heard people bad-mouthing PP for years, but had had great experiences with them until recently. Don't want to get into the specifics...but I'm ready to jump ship (and I no longer use flea bay), so am wondering what more people use for personal payments like buying/selling on Scoop and other message boards. Venmo? Zelle?

Thanks in advance.

🏀

• All American
Re: Best PayPal Alternative?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »
Venmo.

A guy I golf with sometimes uses Zelle, I’ve never been able to set it up properly with US Bank. He probably doesn’t realize he’s $180 in the hole to me. Not accepting it anymore.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 04:50:07 PM »
Cash.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 05:05:09 PM »
Venmo

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 05:09:57 PM »
Use both Venmo and zelle I think Venmo's better isn't international though
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
I have heard people bad-mouthing PP for years, but had had great experiences with them until recently. Don't want to get into the specifics...but I'm ready to jump ship (and I no longer use flea bay), so am wondering what more people use for personal payments like buying/selling on Scoop and other message boards. Venmo? Zelle?

Thanks in advance.

Either works well.  Venmo is great and withdraws are next day available in my experience.  Zelle works well too, but I find myself using Venmo more.  I still use PayPal for larger transactions cause the other limits are low.

Venmo.

A guy I golf with sometimes uses Zelle, I’ve never been able to set it up properly with US Bank. He probably doesn’t realize he’s $180 in the hole to me. Not accepting it anymore.

Really?  I set it up and used it no problem very often with US Bank.  Feel free to send me a PM if you have questions.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 06:03:29 PM »
Zelle isn't as straightforward to setup in terms of the directions, but if you play around with it you can get it.

Venmo much easier and literally run off your phone.

1 business day for transactions approx

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 06:31:00 PM »
I dont have an opinion on the best platform, but Venmo is owned by paypal.....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 06:35:07 PM »
Apple Cash

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 06:45:17 PM »
Venmo is owned by paypal. Just an fyi.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 07:42:16 PM »
My only criteria is universality.   PayPal is the oldest and biggest, and all others should be shut down so everyone has one account.  The end.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 07:43:14 PM »

Thanks in advance.

I hate Venmo.  Zelle is tied directly to my bank accounts, use it much more than Venmo. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 08:31:05 PM »
Apple Cash

I would definitely go that way if everyone had an Apple device. So maybe next year.... 😉

Good to know that PP owns Venmo. So maybe I’ll try Zelle for now.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 11:16:18 PM »
My only criteria is universality.   PayPal is the oldest and biggest, and all others should be shut down so everyone has one account.  The end.

+1

And the fact that PayPal and Venmo aren't already connected is stupid.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 05:05:20 AM »
Zelle connected to bank. If something goes wrong I can speak to someone I know.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »
Zelle connected to bank. If something goes wrong I can speak to someone I know.

This.  Until a couple months ago, I thought Zelle was a Chase product because IIRC, there wasn't any setup at all... I think I simply opened the Chase app on my phone, clicked the Zelle link in the menu bar, slid the button to the right, and verified my email address.  And anytime something goes wrong or I have any questions, I simply walk into the branch two blocks from my office and they fix it.

Although with a Zelle stand-alone product (or with another bank), YMMV.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »
I would definitely go that way if everyone had an Apple device. So maybe next year.... 😉

Seriously, right?  I mean, WTF is up with those all those 'Droid laggard?!?  I can't even send NSFW GIFs in group texts anymore.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 09:57:12 AM »
Seriously, right?  I mean, WTF is up with those all those 'Droid laggard?!?  I can't even send NSFW GIFs in group texts anymore.

I prefer having devices from companys who havent admitted they artificially slow their older devices down in an attempt to make you buy their new products.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 10:05:51 AM »
I prefer having devices from companys who havent admitted they artificially slow their older devices down in an attempt to make you buy their new products.

So you prefer companies who lie to you?  Or you prefer companies whose products naturally slow their older devices down in an attempt to make you buy their new products?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
This.  Until a couple months ago, I thought Zelle was a Chase product because IIRC, there wasn't any setup at all... I think I simply opened the Chase app on my phone, clicked the Zelle link in the menu bar, slid the button to the right, and verified my email address.  And anytime something goes wrong or I have any questions, I simply walk into the branch two blocks from my office and they fix it.

Although with a Zelle stand-alone product (or with another bank), YMMV.

Chase Quickpay was the forerunner of it, so when Zelle became popular and gained share, and Chase moved Quickpay over to Zelle, it was really seamless.  Other banks that didn't have the same functionality had a slower go of it.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »
For me Zelle is easier than Venmo.  I also read some negative stuff about Venmo security.  Wish there was something like this for international transactions!
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

feedback