[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Getting some aggression out  (Read 3380 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Getting some aggression out
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 08:35:02 PM »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:22:03 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:24:16 PM »
Almost as awesome as Crean’s karate training.

I was gonna say... Seems like a good way to break a hand

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 04:36:23 AM »
Ex-Prince Harry. We have some security candidates for ya.
I also felt pity for that bag Theo was abusing

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 06:41:04 AM »
Expecting a 1972 South Carolina rematch?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 06:44:59 AM »
Whiteboard practice.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 08:11:44 AM »
Poor punching technique. But most MMA coaches teach poor technique that harms hands.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 09:19:25 AM »
Almost as awesome as Crean’s karate training.

You mean what Izzo also has team’s do?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 11:37:13 AM »
Haha--always rushing to the defense of your boy after all these years.  So funny.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 12:01:07 PM »
Haha--always rushing to the defense of your boy after all these years.  So funny.

From the idiot that calls me a Wisconsin fan....lol.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 12:02:38 PM »

Your hero enabler coach did a great job honoring an alleged woman abuser last night. So proud.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 12:21:39 PM »
Your hero enabler coach did a great job honoring an alleged woman abuser last night. So proud.

Izzo is my hero?  Nope.  Great coach?  Yup.  Enabler?  Probably.  All can be true.

I’m pretty sure my point was that our coach brought some of the coaching and physical practice techniques from his predecessors. Just as NFL teams have had players take ballet lessons, basketball teams do soccer drills, etc.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »
Izzo is my hero?  Nope.  Great coach?  Yup.  Enabler?  Probably.  All can be true.

I’m pretty sure my point was that our coach brought some of the coaching and physical practice techniques from his predecessors. Just as NFL teams have had players take ballet lessons, basketball teams do soccer drills, etc.

Maybe they should take rape sensitivity classes instead of karate?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »

Yes. But can Izzo also wear a karate suit, while driving an ATV?

Was disappointed we didn’t see any footage of Wojo doing MMA drills. He’s got the air punch down quit well.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 12:31:56 PM »
Maybe they should take rape sensitivity classes instead of karate?

Maybe our former coach and his staff should take legal classes on what the proper protocols are in dealing with rape / sexual assault accusations, what the laws of the state dictate, how to report it and whether or not meeting ahead of time to get stories in sync is the proper thing to do. 

Ooh, classes for lots of coaches apparently...from Michigan to Texas.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »
Maybe our former coach and his staff should take legal classes on what the proper protocols are in dealing with rape / sexual assault accusations, what the laws of the state dictate, how to report it and whether or not meeting ahead of time to get stories in sync is the proper thing to do. 

Ooh, classes for lots of coaches apparently...from Michigan to Texas.

Who doesn’t agree with this but I would extend it to the entire university and order who failed on many levels with this issue on hundreds of cases? Yet, you positively call out an enabler, who just last night, honored Cleaves. I am surprised that as a key executive of a media conglomerate, your company continues to enable this man, as they have in the past (Sheen, Brown) with these enablers and abusers. Do you not have a voice on the content that was shown on your outlet last night? Disgusting.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 12:55:42 PM »
Who doesn’t agree with this but I would extend it to the entire university and order who failed on many levels with this issue on hundreds of cases? Yet, you positively call out an enabler, who just last night, honored Cleaves. I am surprised that as a key executive of a media conglomerate, your company continues to enable this man, as they have in the past (Sheen, Brown) with these enablers and abusers. Do you not have a voice on the content that was shown on your outlet last night? Disgusting.

I called out a coach for a coaching technique, not for anything else.  Despite being my hero, had no idea about this honoring of Cleaves.

Mussolini was awesome at getting the trains to run on time.  Catholic priests have taught millions of kids, run hospitals and missionaries and helped the poor.  I could go on.....

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 01:40:20 PM »

Izzo is an ostrich

feedback