collapse

Resources

Recent Posts

NM by MU82
[Today at 06:01:24 PM]


2026 Coaching Carousel by The Sultan
[Today at 05:53:00 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by The Sultan
[Today at 04:09:11 PM]


Judge Rules that Last Years Seniors Are Eligible for a 5th Year by Hards Alumni
[Today at 02:10:22 PM]


Big East offseason news by willie warrior
[Today at 12:01:27 PM]


‘26-27 Schedule by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]


Caedin Out a Few Months by MuggsyB
[Today at 08:52:11 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!


djorling

I don't know if something like this has been posted before about this restored Steam Engine.  Would be cool if someday it made it to Milwaukee. (I would fly there from Oregon to see it.) I donated a print of this engine (along with another Pere Marquette diesel), to MU when I left the Alumni Board.  I hope they are still located in one of the two very small conference rooms in the Union just south (off the hallway leading to the chapel) of the information desk.   I wanted MU students to know that , in addition to the University, there once was a railroad named  after Father Marquette.  Click on video in the link below:

https://www.michigansteamtrain.com/about/equipment/pere-marquette-1225

Full disclosure: I am a hopeless train buff.  Does anyone know what happened to the Milwaukee Road steam engine that used to be on display on the near southside near the lake? 


Previous topic - Next topic