collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best Basketball Player Ever From Every State  (Read 8952 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Best Basketball Player Ever From Every State
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 07:17:56 PM »
Kobe was better than Wilt. Kobe is the best off guard other than MJ.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 07:20:14 PM »
Bill Walton against Diana Taurasi

Kevin Love, Paul George, Harden, Leonard, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Reggie Theus, Paul Pierce, Gary Payton, Russell Westbrook, Gail Goodrich

Taurasi...if this isn't a PC pick I don't know what is.

Why? She is arguably one of the best all time woman’s players. If not the best. None of the men you mention approach that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
Kobe was better than Wilt. Kobe is the best off guard other than MJ.

Kobe was from Calabria, hey?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2020, 08:34:19 PM »
Why? She is arguably one of the best all time woman’s players. If not the best. None of the men you mention approach that.

Because the statement was best basketball player in the state, not best female basketball player in the state.  If she’s the best basketball player in the state she would easily defeat any of the guys I mentioned in.....basketball.   
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »
Pete Maravich.  Pennsylvania.  Better choice than Kobe? 
Ludum habemus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2020, 11:27:31 PM »
Yea.  In no order, other than the first 2:  MJ, Lebron, Duncan, Kareem, Robertson, Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Russell, and Bird would be how I go.  I think Kobe's greatness in his mid 20s got overshadowed by sharing with Shaq.

Wilt > Shaq
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 06:24:36 AM »
Pete Maravich.  Pennsylvania.  Better choice than Kobe? 

Not by a long shot.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2020, 06:25:46 AM »
Because the statement was best basketball player in the state, not best female basketball player in the state.  If she’s the best basketball player in the state she would easily defeat any of the guys I mentioned in.....basketball.

::) ::) ::)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2020, 07:47:57 AM »
All Time Starting 5 from Wisconsin:

PG  Terry Porter
SG  Latrell Sprewell
SF   Wes Matthews
PF  Jim Chones
C  Jim McIlvaine

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2020, 08:14:53 AM »
Cheryl Miller would be a better choice.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2020, 10:09:25 AM »
Quote from: Cheeks link=topic=59624.msg1187836#msg1187836 date=1578095652

Taurasi...if this isn't a PC pick I don't know what is.
[/quote

Agree. It actually belittles her accomplishments - which were, BTW, awesome. But saying she’s better at basketball than NBA Hall of Famers. C’mon.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »

::) ::) ::)

Roll your eyes all you wish, this is a pc move entirely.  Have a best male (XY) and female (XX) player category so it encompasses the two scientific genders.  Otherwise this is silly and cheapens it the way this is done.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2020, 12:30:36 PM »
Thank God someone is here to protect the integrity of clickbait articles on stadiumtalk.com.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »
Thank God someone is here to protect the integrity of clickbait articles on stadiumtalk.com.

Part of the overall dumbing down going on.  Dave Chappelle had a great line about Lebron playing in the WNBA and scoring like 800 points a game.  He was dead on and we continue to play these dumb little societal games in a steady drumbeat of nonsense.  Good for Ricky Gervais to skewer a bunch of them last night.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »
Part of the overall dumbing down going on.  Dave Chappelle had a great line about Lebron playing in the WNBA and scoring like 800 points a game.  He was dead on and we continue to play these dumb little societal games in a steady drumbeat of nonsense.  Good for Ricky Gervais to skewer a bunch of them last night.

The only dumb thing here is someone getting mad about a clickbait list because its criteria doesn't match his own.

Also, no politics please.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 06:05:36 PM »
It's all in humor, which so many people have lost.  There are things women do better than men, and things men do better than women.  Not sure why that is now somehow not to be said.  It's silly. It ignores reality.  I say this as someone who believes women work harder, are amazing employees and smarter than most of the guys that I work with.  Then there is the reality when it comes to sports and some other things, but we must not talk about that any longer to be woke.

https://youtu.be/-EkCR5AzA5s
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:08:05 PM by Cheeks »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 08:01:30 PM »

I can't be the only one who thinks it's hilarious that you champion Ricky Gervais' when he's made a vast living making fun of a good 90% of the views you've espoused on here.
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 08:35:59 PM »
Cheeks decides to ruin yet another topic by acting like a insecure little tool.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 07:45:45 AM »
It just depends on your view of the question.  I said earlier that Wilt > Kobe and I don't believe Wilt is a better basketball player than Kobe.  I think Wilt was more dominant at the game he was playing in the time he was playing it than Kobe was in his time.  I think that is a reasonable way of looking at it. While of course Taurasi is not better than 1000 guys from California, she is probably better at the game she is playing than the other California guys are at the game they are playing.  You'd still have a good argument for Walton if he managed to stay healthy, btw.

At any rate, this article works as a conversation starter, so it is better than your usual clickbait.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 11:34:20 AM »
Taught ewe ment Wilt > Kobe in da bedroom, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 12:30:59 PM »
If Terry Reason isn't in California's top five, the list is garbage.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2020, 02:05:58 PM »
I can't be the only one who thinks it's hilarious that you champion Ricky Gervais' when he's made a vast living making fun of a good 90% of the views you've espoused on here.

Yes, that’s what comedians do...just as the best ones also skewer all sides.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »
Cheeks decides to ruin yet another topic by acting like a insecure little tool.

No one ruined anything, stop playing the thread topic victim.

Chappelle brought it home in a humorous fashion...truth in comedy is an elixir for stupidity like the winners in some of this topic. 

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »
No one ruined anything, stop playing the thread topic victim.

Chappelle brought it home in a humorous fashion...truth in comedy is an elixir for stupidity like the winners in some of this topic.

Lt. Greenwald: Doctor. You have testified that the following symptoms exist in Lieutenant-Commander Queeg's behavior. Rigidity of personality, feelings of persecution, unreasonable suspicion, a mania for perfection, and a neurotic certainty that he is always in the right. Doctor isn't there one psychiatric term for this illness?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2020, 06:04:04 PM »
Taught ewe ment Wilt > Kobe in da bedroom, aina?

as far as we know, Will at least got consent.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”