[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU beats Nova on Saturday  (Read 25175 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: MU beats Nova on Saturday
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2020, 12:35:36 PM »
Actually it wasn’t hard at all.  I remembered a complete a-hole on Dodd’s board and Several Badger board# with the same username.  I did a search, took maybe 10 minutes...I wouldn’t call that spending my life.

A few examples...you don’t agree with someone you go into your same attack mode on pols or race...it’s what you do

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Board/105869/Contents/DEMS-have-no-idea-what-is-coming-their-way-54657587/?Page=2

http://the-reaction.blogspot.com/2008/02/badger-blogging.html?m=0

All kinds of examples from you at Althouse, the intercept, Badger Blogging, etc

Badgers fan....are you denying this?  Just yesterday you posted about them so will you be honoring the 30 days?   

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?119400-College-Football-2019-Bowl-Season-Buckeyes-Against-the-World/page31&p=4052149#post4052149

https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Board/103797/Contents/Badgers-Football-Ohio-State-knocks-off-Wisconsin-27-21-in-the-Big-Ten-title-game-111558658/?page=40

https://twitter.com/Mutaman15/status/1182296834456408064

New enough for you? Or should I continue to illustrate the many on other Badger boards?

1. Chicos claims I post on "Badger boards"
2. I challenge Chicos to show where I post on Badger boards.
3. Chicos cites posts from Dodd's Board and Red Zoan (a board for Cincinnati Red's fans).

I submit that when he wasn't here weazeling out of bets, Chicos spent his entire New Years Day searching for my posts on the internet. Now I put it to you Warrior fans, is this the sign of a  sane human being.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2020, 12:52:48 PM »
1. Chicos claims I post on "Badger boards"
2. I challenge Chicos to show where I post on Badger boards.
3. Chicos cites posts from Dodd's Board and Red Zoan (a board for Cincinnati Red's fans).

I submit that when he wasn't here weazeling out of bets, Chicos spent his entire New Years Day searching for my posts on the internet. Now I put it to you Warrior fans, is this the sign of a  sane human being.

1)   Is this not a Badger board.  Is this not you Mutaman?  "Alex you have the heart of a lion"...OMG. 

https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Board/103797/Contents/Badgers-Football-Ohio-State-knocks-off-Wisconsin-27-21-in-the-Big-Ten-title-game-111558658/?page=40

2)  Challenge and evidence provided in seconds above.  There are other examples, but your honor...I think this one alone should suffice.

3)  Are you claiming that isn't you on Marquette, Badger, Packer, Reds as well as your posting on the other boards...all just happen to have Mutaman has a name, all just happen to talk about Wisconsin sports or hard core politics in which you call anyone that disagrees with you in the same fashion you do here.  What amazing coincidences

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »
Actually it wasn’t hard at all.  I remembered a complete a-hole on Dodd’s board and Several Badger board# with the same username.  I did a search, took maybe 10 minutes...I wouldn’t call that spending my life.

A few examples...you don’t agree with someone you go into your same attack mode on pols or race...it’s what you do

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Board/105869/Contents/DEMS-have-no-idea-what-is-coming-their-way-54657587/?Page=2

http://the-reaction.blogspot.com/2008/02/badger-blogging.html?m=0

All kinds of examples from you at Althouse, the intercept, Badger Blogging, etc

Badgers fan....are you denying this?  Just yesterday you posted about them so will you be honoring the 30 days?   

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?119400-College-Football-2019-Bowl-Season-Buckeyes-Against-the-World/page31&p=4052149#post4052149

https://twitter.com/Mutaman15/status/1182296834456408064

New enough for you? Or should I continue to illustrate the many on other Badger boards?

To be fair, those look like football boards.  Believe it or not, there are lots of people who root for MU bball and UW football.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »
To be fair, those look like football boards.  Believe it or not, there are lots of people who root for MU bball and UW football.

yes but Chico, through grueling detective work, has discovered my dirty little secret-- I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2020, 01:04:50 PM »
7 points to Marquette.  I may be in on that one.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2020, 02:11:59 PM »
KenPom makes it MU -2. Lines are typically pretty close. I'd bet it opens MU -1 and gets bet down to a PK. I'll be laying money on MU.

I would have bet Creighton last night if I bet against my favorite teams.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2020, 02:16:13 PM »
Sweet.  Beating Nova again gets Wojo a contract renewal and another participation ribbon in the NCAA tourney.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2020, 03:29:21 PM »

I'm quite aware....I've also proven he does exactly what he does here when he doesn't get his way, throws around the racial card and all kinds of other complete BS.  I said Badger boards, I was correct. He denied it...he was incorrect.  There are many more examples. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
On paper, I like the Nova matchup. We match up well with them size wise and they have a very short bench, only really like to run six guys out there was a 7th playing the role of warm body. Friendly whistle at home, draw some some early fouls (which we are very good at, despite tonight) and Nova could be in a lot of trouble. Wojo needs a different game plan than tonight. It's very tempting to over commit on defending the three vs. Nova because they shoot a lot of them but they are a lot more deadly inside the arc. Keep the bigs home, let JRE shoot threes, and defend the lane.

I also like the match up with Nova.....Wojo has to commit to protecting the paint (ie not having Theo wander out near the arc) at the expense of some good looks from average shooters from 3
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2020, 06:14:12 PM »
I have zero expectation of beating Nova Saturday. IF MU wins, then good. Finally. Something nice about the already dull season. 6 years is a long time to wallow in mediocrity, but if that is the direction the program is going, then I guess this year is as good of a year to start it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »
I also like the match up with Nova.....Wojo has to commit to protecting the paint (ie not having Theo wander out near the arc) at the expense of some good looks from average shooters from 3
Given that Wojo basically bench John for the game, I think it is safe to say John was not playing the way Wojo wanted him to.
This MU team does not look good and I feel it is mostly due to John and McEwen not playing well. Is that Wojo's fault? I certainly thought they would be playing better.
I more blame Wojo for the lack of Big East caliber players on this team than I do for his game coaching.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »
Given that Wojo basically bench John for the game, I think it is safe to say John was not playing the way Wojo wanted him to.
This MU team does not look good and I feel it is mostly due to John and McEwen not playing well. Is that Wojo's fault? I certainly thought they would be playing better.
I more blame Wojo for the lack of Big East caliber players on this team than I do for his game coaching.

In retrospect I think Jayce was a bad idea. Have a feeling he is stunting Theo’s growth. There was no reason to add depth to that position.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »
In retrospect I think Jayce was a bad idea. Have a feeling he is stunting Theo’s growth. There was no reason to add depth to that position.

Going into last night's game, John was averaging 19.4 minutes per game.  Last year he averaged 19.7 minutes per game.  An additional big was added because we lost Heldt.  TJ is foul prone and having another body soak up fouls is part of the play here I should think.

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2020, 07:36:44 PM »
Going into last night's game, John was averaging 19.4 minutes per game.  Last year he averaged 19.7 minutes per game.  An additional big was added because we lost Heldt.  TJ is foul prone and having another body soak up fouls is part of the play here I should think.

I get that. But as I said I think it stunted his *growth.*  He is playing less and shooting worse. Hasn’t taken that next step and has actually regressed so far. And they didn’t need a grad transfer to replace Matt’s 6.4 mpg.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »
I get that. But as I said I think it stunted his *growth.*  He is playing less and shooting worse. Hasn’t taken that next step and has actually regressed so far. And they didn’t need a grad transfer to replace Matt’s 6.4 mpg.

I guess I don't see playing 19.7M to 19.4M as playing "less" in any meaningful way.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2020, 08:21:50 PM »
I'm quite aware....I've also proven he does exactly what he does here when he doesn't get his way, throws around the racial card and all kinds of other complete BS.  I said Badger boards, I was correct. He denied it...he was incorrect.  There are many more examples.

Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers..

Mutaman

• All American
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 08:26:42 PM by Mutaman »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2020, 11:09:51 PM »
Back to the OP ...

Yes, we'll beat Nova. Then we will decisively thrash Providence.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2020, 11:24:42 PM »
Want to bet?

Not sure if there’s a spread yet, but I’ll give you MU+7.

$500 goes to a charity of your choice, or $500 goes to a charity of mine?

Also a ban on scoop for 30 days.

Deal?

+7, same charity regardless who wins.... Children’s Hospital Orange County.  $500.

I’m in for those terms

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2020, 06:49:03 AM »

Some of that is because he's got a bad wrist. He might have regressed a little but its hard for me to say how much due to his injury and how much is due to other.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2020, 06:51:05 AM »

Take a look at the Paint Touches article....yes Theo played poorly in the Creighton game, but some of it was also the approach, Theo was on the perimeter or near it on every defensive position. Wojo needed to sag Theo and/or go to a 2-3 in some instances to change the looks. I think the game results against Creighton were a combination of a couple of players having bad games and Wojo not adjusting.

FYI, we have plenty of Big East talent on this team....one game doesn't reflect the team we have

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2020, 08:01:30 AM »
You would think adding quality competition at the position would make someone improve. Why would it make him play worse if the minutes played is essentially the same?

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2020, 08:08:40 AM »
+7, same charity regardless who wins.... Children’s Hospital Orange County.  $500.

I’m in for those terms

So... you’re saying that I take some
risk and if I win, I have to donate to children’s of Orange County?  No.

I’d rather donate to my hometown community. 

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2020, 08:09:38 AM »
You would think adding quality competition at the position would make someone improve. Why would it make him play worse if the minutes played is essentially the same?

Because their role has changed.  Perhaps its mental.  I would have understood the add if we were talking about someone whos post offense balanced out Theo's defense.  But Jayce is even worse offesively.  Maybe they just needed the body with the Hausers transferring.  And that's fine I guess.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »
So... you’re saying that I take some
risk and if I win, I have to donate to children’s of Orange County?  No.

I’d rather donate to my hometown community.

You're helping kids at a Children's hospital...you object to that?   OK, I'll offer a compromise, it has to go to the Children's Hospital closest to you....deal?

feedback