[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PS5 and new Xbox coming in November of 2020  (Read 1625 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
PS5 and new Xbox coming in November of 2020
« on: December 14, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »
Was in on a meeting yesterday and Sony sending over a few PS5 prototypes to play around with because of the apps we produce that run on those platforms.  We've been mostly a PS family since the PS 2 days.  Looking forward to the 5 launch and the next jump, cannot wait to see what this thing can do in the next month or so.  The 4 has been a beautiful machine how will they top it...well 8K is coming which won't mean much since less than 1% of people have an 8K display.  Faster chips of course.  Disk drives are still a thing which surprised me, but maybe solid state is still just too expensive for these??
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: PS5 and new Xbox coming in November of 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 12:05:28 PM »
No thank you, PS/Xbox; my N64 still works like the day I got it.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »

In the garage somewhere I still have a Colecovision that hasn't been fired up in at least a decade....I'll have to see if that thing still fires up.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
My 1980s Atari still works although one of the joystick ports don't work and a few of the game cartridges freeze for some reason (Y2K thing?).

A few years ago I bought the $35 replica with every Atari game on it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 12:20:39 PM »
My 1980s Atari still works although one of the joystick ports don't work and a few of the game cartridges freeze for some reason (Y2K thing?).

A few years ago I bought the $35 replica with every Atari game on it.

Our PS4 has the old Atari 2600 games....my kids just look with disgust.   :)  Problem is the PS4 controller doesn't work well with the 8 position Atari joystick...the games are tough to play with the new controller.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »

N64 is a tank. Still have that one lying around at my moms house.

Last console I got was the Nintendo Wii.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »
I shamefully have all three current modern systems. Have always been an Xbox guy but the quality of games and reliability have me leaning PS5. The switch is so different it basically doesn't feel like a comparable system.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 08:15:23 AM »
Any word on the price point of the next gen consoles?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 08:24:47 AM »
Any word on the price point of the next gen consoles?

I'd guess 500 or 600

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 11:35:59 AM »
The PS4 has aged very well, and unless some of Sonys exclusives (esp Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn 2) won't come out on the older console, I'll probably wait for the first price drop. I own the Switch, and with a couple of pre-video game kids, would anticipate that console continues to get the most wear in the near future.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 07:17:39 PM »
I shamefully have all three current modern systems. Have always been an Xbox guy but the quality of games and reliability have me leaning PS5. The switch is so different it basically doesn't feel like a comparable system.

Agree on the switch.  To the extent it "competes" with the Playstation/Xbox or costs Sony/Microsoft revenue, I imagine its that it prevents the need for casual gamers to buy either just to have a system.  I don't think there's a ton of folks that sit down, draw columns and compare the switch vs those other two when deciding to buy one gaming system.  Switch is great for me because I still like to have the ability to grab a six pack and kill off a saturday night now and again, but I'm not realistically going to play enough to be functional playing online or hang with the games that show off what a PS5 or Xbox1 can do.  To be able to have a system with the lower price point and accessible games is a godsend.

feedback