[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Weber grilled  (Read 14463 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Weber grilled
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »
The future is fine but could be really interesting if they get Mane.  Either Koby keeps his spot on the floor or Mane takes it.  I really see Smyr
being the point next year with Theo (need a backup center), Dawson, Bailey or Cain, then Koby or Mane.  Throw in Elliott and the new recruits
and your pretty deep.  Akanno has a physical presence so I can see him getting minutes as well next year.  Again, 10 or 11 deep.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2019, 11:30:53 AM »
16. Markus (twice in a row) took tough (one off balance) shots early in the shot clock when we were milking it late. Your senior leader/AA has to play smarter tan that.

This.   Chucking up shots with ~25 seconds on the shot clock when you're trying to run out the clock is a freshman move. 

Don't even think of setting up a shot until there's 10 seconds left.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2019, 11:41:09 AM »
So fun watching you....not long ago you wanted Cain to ride pine.   Patience is in short short short supply at Scoop when it comes to player development.
Y'know Cheeks, you should ride the pine. Cain has been a favorite of mine, and I do not recall saying he should ride the pine. If I did, it was in a game where he was not playing well. But hey, we all must bow to the opinions of the sage Cheeky!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2019, 11:47:08 AM »
I really like this point, M'quette. How many minutes would Cain have played if Joey were still around?

I am NOT saying I'm glad Hausershima happened. I'm just saying that every situation leads to something else, good or bad. Joey's absence has led to a great opportunity for Cain, and I am proud of the kid and happy for him that he has taken advantage.

After Markus picked up his fourth foul, our four non-bigs on the floor were Cain, Sacar, McEwen and Elliott. Four athletic guys with good height/length and good defensive skills who were able to switch on pretty much any player K-State had. Throw Bailey, Symir and Akanno into that group, too, as well as Oso and Lewis to replace (numerically) Sacar and McEwen next season.

Excited about our future -- both the rest of this season and beyond.

Heck, even joyless willie actually sounded almost not miserable!

McEwen is back next season. 

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2019, 11:52:01 AM »
The depth on this team is really impressive. Seems every year we go into the season thinking that will be the case and for a variety of reasons it ends up there are really about 8 guys who carry the load. This team truly can go 10 deep without much of a drop off at all. Due to inconsistency, so far it seems to have worked out pretty well where the coaches have had a good knack for riding with the guys who are feeling it and limiting the minutes of the guys who are struggling. I suspect that leads to less frustration on the part of the players than if you just ride the same limited lineup no matter what they do out there when the next wave is very similar in terms of potential contribution. It will be very interesting to see how that evolves over the course of the season.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2019, 12:00:10 PM »
Y'know Cheeks, you should ride the pine. Cain has been a favorite of mine, and I do not recall saying he should ride the pine. If I did, it was in a game where he was not playing well. But hey, we all must bow to the opinions of the sage Cheeky!

Nope, all are free to have their opinions.  I'm guessing that 99% of us are picking ourselves up from the floor this morning that you had a post about this team that was even neutral, let alone semi-positive.  Did a relative take over your account?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2019, 12:02:09 PM »
Throw Bailey, Symir and Akanno into that group, too, as well as Oso and Lewis to replace (numerically) Sacar and McEwen next season.

Excited about our future -- both the rest of this season and beyond.

Heck, even joyless willie actually sounded almost not miserable!

McEwen is a junior
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »
Glad to see Cain becoming a big factor. He needs minutes, and he is as good a shooter, if not better than Bailey, and a better rebounder. Symir can handle the ball and needs more minutes at the point. When it comes down to it, after Markus, the 2 through 9 rotations all have about equal overall talent, with pluses and minuses. We have a three headed 5 with Theo being the best rim protector. Symir looks to be the best at point and Cain should get 25 minutes per game. The rest all are talented. Can Wojo figure it all out?

Jamal's shooting just baffles me. Sometimes I think he has one of the best looking shots on the team, but then he also has some of the biggest whiffs I've seen in college basketball on his resume too. It's weird how he can knock down a couple in a row and then throw up an airball. There aren't many guys shooting 40%+ in their careers that I can remember with that kind of inconsistency. All in, I think he's a pretty darn good shooter. It's just strange to see the ups and downs from him at times.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2019, 01:04:24 PM »

Also, MU currently is ranked 14th in wins above bubble. Really, really good resume.

I don't think I've ever heard of wins above the bubble. What does that mean? Where did you find that stat?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2019, 04:45:04 PM »
McEwen is back next season.

D'oh!

McEwen is a junior

Double D'oh!

Management regrets the error.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »
D'oh!

Double D'oh!

Management regrets the error.

i think he's going to be o.k.  he's too proud to allow his recent play become his legacy.  i also think you're hoping this post of yours comes back to haunt you

and that's ok too  ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback