'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Davidson  (Read 12171 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Davidson
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 08:18:06 PM »
Wait, they didn’t make a 3? Why didn’t the announcers ever mention that?
I believe they did. Even showed a stat when the last time Davidson didn't make a three in a game.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »
I believe they did. Even showed a stat when the last time Davidson didn't make a three in a game.
I should have used teal...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2019, 08:21:07 PM »

i think he was kidding...they were trying so hard to get a 3 to fall for them.  you know, like "they never miss"  i was ready to strangle the dudes thru the tv
don't...don't don't don't don't

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2019, 08:24:32 PM »
I like the new anti-flop rule.

I don’t like it at all. It slows the game down, creates a scoring opportunity for the team when it shouldn’t and gives more subjective calls to the ref. They should just play on. If you want to lay on the ground and pretend your fouled as the other team goes on a fast break than go ahead.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2019, 08:26:47 PM »
I don’t like it at all. It slows the game down, creates a scoring opportunity for the team when it shouldn’t and gives more subjective calls to the ref. They should just play on. If you want to lay on the ground and pretend your fouled as the other team goes on a fast break than go ahead.

Wouldn’t need an anti flop rule if refs would simply recognize what a flop is. But I do agree with you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2019, 08:26:56 PM »
They should just play on. If you want to lay on the ground and pretend your fouled as the other team goes on a fast break than go ahead.

This exactly. Just stop calling them as fouls and players will learn.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2019, 08:27:38 PM »

yes!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2019, 08:30:22 PM »
I should have used teal...
Yeah cause saying that on here is going to far. Announcer said it so dont mention it here. It's an incredible stat. I think I can post it here even if alot know. Calm down moron
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:32:05 PM by Johnny B »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401168407

Says here that Davidson did not make a 3.    Is that correct.    ::)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
Yeah cause saying that on here is going to far. Announcer said it dont mention it here. It's an incredible stat. I think I can post it here even if alot know. Calm down moron

Your last sentence is hilariously ironic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2019, 08:33:26 PM »
Yeah cause saying that on here is going to far. Announcer said it so dont mention it here. It's an incredible stat. I think I can post it here even if alot know. Calm down moron
Haha, calm down dude. I was making fun of the announcers, not attacking you

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2019, 08:34:30 PM »
Our offense is very bad, but putting Markus on the ball helped. It also doesn’t help when there’s a whistle every other possession, whether it be for a foul, travel, flop, or whatever. Just way too many whistles on both sides of the court.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2019, 08:35:37 PM »
Your last sentence is hilariously ironic.
Yeah.. guess I cant argue with ya

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2019, 08:44:58 PM »
Good to see Markus play like an All American. We need him to score for this team to win. What's with the the regression of the other players? Our coaching seems very suspect.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2019, 08:53:03 PM »
A win, it’s true. However, nothing reassuring about the upcoming season. We got Markus, but he gets precious little help.
By BE season they’ll be guarding the hell out of him so we damn we’ll have options 2 and 3 or it’s going to be a long cold winter.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2019, 08:59:47 PM »
A win, it’s true. However, nothing reassuring about the upcoming season. We got Markus, but he gets precious little help.
By BE season they’ll be guarding the hell out of him so we damn we’ll have options 2 and 3 or it’s going to be a long cold winter.

And by Big East play, MU will have guys who step up. In the meantime, MU is winning games with defense. This was Davidson’s 2nd worst Orated game in six years.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »
And by Big East play, MU will have guys who step up. In the meantime, MU is winning games with defense. This was Davidson’s 2nd worst Orated game in six years.

This is where I am at. And kind of where I was this time last year after the win against Louisville.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2019, 09:53:16 PM »
Of the four factors, MU lost eFG% but won on OR%, TO% and especially, FT rate. Free throws (rate) and the game of attrition mattered. This was like a Buzz team tonight:  Not great shooters but great grinders. Maybe fans forgot about those times of record number of OT games?

Once the shooting comes around, this team will be very good.

#winorlando

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2019, 09:55:49 PM »
I like the new anti-flop rule.

I don't. Stops the game for really no reason and gives refs greater influence over the outcome of the game. The first 2 calls actually helped the offending team by stopping play and allowing them to set up defense off a dead ball. The 3rd arguably influenced the momentum at a critical time.

Flops are used because they work. Stop calling fouls off them and they will go away.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2019, 10:00:36 PM »

Once the shooting comes around, this team will be very good.

#winorlando

I hope yer right, Doc. But I just don't see where that's gonna come from outside of Koby. There are gonna have to be major leaps made by a handful of guys.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2019, 10:23:52 PM »
Holy crap that game was ugly.

Sorry boys, but just don’t think this team is very good. Hope that changes, but I haven’t been impressed one single time through 5 games.

Nice 2nd half Markus. Decent game from Sacar I guesS. That’s about it.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2019, 10:51:07 PM »
Reminded me a lot of some of Buzzs games where we play great D and do just enough offensively to win, only real difference is that Markus is far better offensively than any player Buzz had.  Buzz got a lot of praise when he won games like this, with people pointing out the toughness required to win this way.  Interesting that people aren't giving the same praises to this years team.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2019, 11:03:21 PM »
13 TOs isnt great but its definitely surviveable

Only 5 in second half is pretty solid.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »
Reminded me a lot of some of Buzzs games where we play great D and do just enough offensively to win, only real difference is that Markus is far better offensively than any player Buzz had.  Buzz got a lot of praise when he won games like this, with people pointing out the toughness required to win this way.  Interesting that people aren't giving the same praises to this years team.

Solid observation. And one Scooper even went out of the way to say we beat a "better-coached team." Never, ever give credit to Wojo, I guess.

I haven’t been impressed one single time through 5 games.

You weren't impressed by the second half of the Purdue game? Rough crowd.

Stops the game for really no reason and gives refs greater influence over the outcome of the game. The first 2 calls actually helped the offending team by stopping play and allowing them to set up defense off a dead ball. The 3rd arguably influenced the momentum at a critical time.

Flops are used because they work. Stop calling fouls off them and they will go away.

Agree big-time with this.

On the first Davidson flop, the call prevented what would have been a 5-on-4 fastbreak for us. On the second, Davidson actually would have gotten the ball had the arrow pointed their way even though the shot was awful and we easily would have had the rebound. So both times, the flops "penalized" the non-flopping team (although it was nice to get the FT on the second).

This is where I am at. And kind of where I was this time last year after the win against Louisville.

I felt going in that this was very much like that Louisville game -- as close to a "must-win" as we could have in November.

Davidson has struggled out of the gate this year, but I bet they figure it out and go on to have another solid season. When stuff is being tallied up in March, this likely will be considered a good win for Marquette.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Slim

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2019, 11:29:28 PM »
I hope yer right, Doc. But I just don't see where that's gonna come from outside of Koby. There are gonna have to be major leaps made by a handful of guys.

Bailey will be instrumental in several wins I think. His fundamentals are too sound. Ball boy gets it and Doc gets it. We got this.