[Today at 04:54:06 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Boiler breakdown  (Read 20590 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Boiler breakdown
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 11:15:32 PM »
I kinda found it interesting that there was no Symir sighting at all tonight.

I feel like Wojo has always run a pretty deep bench early in the season and then tightened things up later.

He pretty much ran 6 guys the entire second half.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 11:17:47 PM »

I feel like Wojo has always run a pretty deep bench early in the season and then tightened things up later.

He did get in for the final 30 seconds of the first half, when we went with a 2-3 zone look.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2019, 11:18:42 PM »
15,659 great crowd! Excellent student crowd!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2019, 11:19:52 PM »

I thought we might see him more, too, but nobody has a better feel for how everybody has been practicing than the coach. Because we were down so big so early, Wojo no doubt felt he couldn't afford to take a flier on a frosh. Symir will have his day.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2019, 11:20:53 PM »
He did get in for the final 30 seconds of the first half, when we went with a 2-3 zone look.
Two open looks and an offensive rebound surrendered.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 11:21:45 PM »

I’m with you CHi as you always seem to have a good pulse of what’s going on. But, I’m not reading too much into it. From the 2 practices that I saw Sy is being coached to make the right play right now. He is being coached to see the game how the coaches want. He’s not even looking to score..for better or worse.  In Due time. No doubt.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 11:23:04 PM »
Bit surprised to see Sacar on the bench to start the second half.  Wojo seems to almost always roll out the 1st half starters to start the 2nd.  Was wondering if he was hurt.  Good thing he wasn't, needed his D, and hit a few big shots.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 11:24:27 PM »
I’m with you CHi as you always seem to have a good pulse of what’s going on. But, I’m not reading too much into it. From the 2 practices that I saw Sy is being coached to make the right play right now. He is being coached to see the game how the coaches want. He’s not even looking to score..for better or worse.  In Due time. No doubt.

Oh no doubt. No conspiracy theories or tin foil hats here. Just a change of tendencies from previous years.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2019, 11:24:47 PM »
Bit surprised to see Sacar on the bench to start the second half.  Wojo seems to almost always roll out the 1st half starters to start the 2nd.  Was wondering if he was hurt.  Good thing he wasn't, needed his D, and hit a few big shots.

He took a shot to the head not long before halftime. He looked woozy walking to the locker room, and from afar I thought he might have had a concussion. I actually was a little surprised he played in the second half. And he made a couple of huge plays for us, too!

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2019, 11:25:13 PM »

Sacar was not on the bench to start the 2nd half,  cameback with about 15 minutes to go in the game.  Hit a big three!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »
Am I imagining things or did FS1 cut to commercial too early?

Cause I coulda swore MU were down 3 at one point and next thing I know Theo is on the ground for a loose ball and Sacar makes a nice finish at the rim to give Marquette a lead.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 11:26:56 PM »
He took a shot to the head not long before halftime. He looked woozy walking to the locker room, and from afar I thought he might have had a concussion. I actually was a little surprised he played in the second half. And he made a couple of huge plays for us, too!

Musta missed that.  Thanks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2019, 11:29:43 PM »
Am I imagining things or did FS1 cut to commercial too early?

Cause I coulda swore MU were down 3 at one point and next thing I know Theo is on the ground for a loose ball and Sacar makes a nice finish at the rim to give Marquette a lead.

Nope. Sacar hit a 3 to tie it about 20-25 seconds before Theo's hustle play.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2019, 11:30:06 PM »
Funny you say that because Steven Bardo’s color girl said MU starting the 2nd half with their starting lineup...and it wasn’t.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2019, 11:32:26 PM »
We came back from 18 against a Big 14 team that is known for being well-coached and that has a good amount of talent.

Can't wait for Sunday!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2019, 11:33:43 PM »
I think Torrence subbed in for Sacar.

Why wasnt that play reviewed for a elbow to the head?  Not intentional but could still be called.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2019, 11:34:32 PM »
Funny you say that because Steven Bardo’s color girl said MU starting the 2nd half with their starting lineup...and it wasn’t.

Lisa Byington did play by play.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2019, 11:38:19 PM »

Why wasnt that play reviewed for a elbow to the head?  Not intentional but could still be called.

What’s funny about that is I didn’t even think about the refs until now, which probably means they did a pretty darn good job.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 11:42:55 PM »
Lisa Byington did play by play.
Yes—bad word choice. Thank you.
To be clear...I would have said Steven Bardo’s color guy if I didn’t recall his name either.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 11:45:21 PM »
Truth be told: I liked the 1st half defense. But 40-17 in the 2nd is pure gold!

Wife and I talked about this. It was maddening in 1H only because "purdue kept opening the door and we wouldnt walk through it." Good defense all around. Much more authoritative offense in 2h
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 11:46:33 PM »

I thought the same. Said out loud to my wife, "They should at least review that."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 11:57:55 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2019, 12:02:32 AM »
Unfortunately I've been pretty busy with work lately so haven't seen many NCAA games this year but was pretty surprised at the "flopping" call Markus got in the first half. Is that a common call now? If so, I'm expecting us to shoot like 50 technical free throw shots when we play Trice & Davison on Sunday.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2019, 12:09:23 AM »
Unfortunately I've been pretty busy with work lately so haven't seen many NCAA games this year but was pretty surprised at the "flopping" call Markus got in the first half. Is that a common call now? If so, I'm expecting us to shoot like 50 technical free throw shots when we play Trice & Davison on Sunday.

It's a new rule. The first time it is a warning (as in the Markus call) with no foul.  The problem was/is:  Markus was hard fouled.  The ref didn't like his neck snap.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2019, 12:10:00 AM »
Just thinking about the Murray St game last year vs tonight.

Its pretty obvious which guys wanted be here and compete for Marquette...Addition by Subtraction

Sam ended up at UVA
Joey ended up at MSU

You should shut up before embarrassing yourself anymore.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

feedback