Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Three dollar beer night  (Read 3752 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Three dollar beer night
« on: November 05, 2019, 09:35:27 PM »
They ran out very early. Beer salesman said they had two “hawkers” selling three dollar beers in portable stands.  Each seller was given ten cases of cans and once out, that was it.  Folks, that’s only 480 available three dollar beers for the entire MU crowd.  While I appreciate the idea, don’t advertise three dollar beers when you only have enough for 5% of the crowd.  That is all... now get off my lawn!
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
Re: Three dollar beer night
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 09:37:55 PM »
Let it go, cheapass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 09:40:25 PM »
This is untrue at least the part of running out early. It was advertised as the hour before game and I showed up 15min before the game still got two.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 09:43:47 PM »
We got there at 6:47... we both got 2 beers each.....

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 09:45:00 PM »
It is not untrue. One of two vendors was much busier (guy at top of escalator) and ran out very early.  When fans complained he explained they were only given ten cases a piece
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 09:45:44 PM »
It is not untrue. One of two vendors was much busier (guy at top of escalator) and ran out very early.  When fans complained he explained they were only given ten cases a piece

It sounds like it’s untrue.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 09:49:41 PM »
Is not untrue, true?
Sounds like lawyer speak

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 09:57:30 PM »
Is not untrue, true?
Sounds like lawyer speak

If it is to be said. If it is to be said, so it is.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 10:00:33 PM »
I was happy with my $5 taco tots.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 10:02:26 PM »

If it is to be said. If it is to be said, so it is.
Agreed—there is a slight difference between open 24 hours and Always open....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »
I hope said vendor was telling people he only got 10 cases and was out and then was charging people the full $10 for a beer and pocketing $7.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »
I was happy with my $5 taco tots.

Evidently it came at the expense of the actual taco stand being closed.

Fiserv Failum
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 06:34:09 AM »

But you said they ran out very early not one vendor. At least two of us posters got beer late. Mine was from the guy at the top of the escalator right across from the bbq place. I think you were lied to or they got more beer
Maigh Eo for Sam

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 08:22:34 AM »
The three dollar beer night was a joke compared to years past. At the Bradley it was tap beer at all service counters. To only have 2 vendors with a limited supply is not only a huge insult but absolutely greedy.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 08:29:54 AM »
This is untrue at least the part of running out early. It was advertised as the hour before game and I showed up 15min before the game still got two.

Good on you for going!  I thought you were looking for an MU bar in Chicago yesterday--love the last minute decision!

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 08:58:39 AM »
Purposely got there early, huge line to get the cheap beers, and then they ran out.  The price differential was huge!
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 09:06:24 AM »
Here's the reality boys.  If you ever think the 'hedge fund boys' are looking out for you, think again.  Once you understand that and adjust your behavior accordingly, life will go smoother.  While our time was short last night because of Chicago traffic, chick and I now spend our game day dollars outside the Fiserv almost exclusively.  Last night our total expenditure was zero save the two Jimmy John's sandwiches on the way there.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
If you're going to have a limited supply of $3 beers, don't advertise "get there early, $3 beers until tipoff!!!"  At least put in the promo that there's a limited supply that will not last until tipoff.  The other "get there early" promos that they've run in the past, even last year, cut off at tipoff but included tap beers or deals that you could actually take advantage of if you were there before tipoff. 

Yeah, I may sound like a cheap MF'r, but when my GF and I go to the game and have 3 beers each, it sucks to have it cost $78.  Usually I'd like to have a few pregamers at the Brat House or Turner Hall Tavern, but there's not much time for that before the 7:00 weeknight games.  So if I get screwed out of the $3 special, it's $13 a pop.

\rant over

The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 09:50:37 AM »
One beer vendor said he had 10 cases of beer he sold. I guess he should have had 15 cases.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »
Too busy drinking Bofferdings at Turner Hall to care about Fiserv beer.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
Good on you for going!  I thought you were looking for an MU bar in Chicago yesterday--love the last minute decision!

Thanks. Working in Lincolnshire and the girlfriend is in Milwaukee so honestly have no excuse not to go now days.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback