[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Deadspin  (Read 15311 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Deadspin
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
I thought he got his news from clickbait articles and "FW: FW: FW: FW:" email chains.

Dad?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2019, 11:49:04 AM »
Oh my god.
It’s like Brietbart opens the top of his skull and everything they pour in streams out of his mouth...except a lot more incoherently.  You can’t fix stupid.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »
That is your opinion.

My opinion is that this particular protest lost steam because the reasons behind it had slipped from the headlines. If social issues resurface that energize players, they will protest again -- empowered by the fact that the NFL was unable to establish any deterrent whatsoever.

Now move along and make up another "fact" that you can argue for the sake of arguing.

Ok, I’ll just ignore the players and their agents I deal with all the time on what they told me, both the social concerns they have as well as the realistic economic concerns they also have.  As several said, if we piss off 65% of our fans to the point we make ourselves irrelevant, then we have also taken away our bullhorn.  Works both ways Mike.  But sure, I’ll just ignore them...sounds good.  LOL.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2019, 12:06:46 PM »
And this:

https://theundefeated.com/features/nfl-owners-approve-local-funding-social-justice-initiative-players-discuss-anthem-policy/

The idea that the NFL "made" the players stop kneeling is a fantasy.

The players chose, themselves, to stop doing it for a myriad of reasons...financial being one of them.  Straight from their mouths and the agents that revere sent them.  There are better ways to get their message across then how they were doing it, which was alienating their fan base.  The nfl had an entire symposium for their partners on the issue because of the financial impacts where numbers were shared, along with reams of data that any partner worth their salt had done on their own. 

Yes, the nfl contributed to a fund, that was not the main reason.  The players aren’t dumb, and their agents aren’t either.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »
I had decent hopes for this thread to be one of the few politics-adjacent conversatons we could keep alive. Should have known better.

IBTL to say that the obsession with turning every sustainable closely-held business, regardless of industry or circumstance, into a derivative or potential investment for qualified investors is going drive us all to ruin.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2019, 03:40:56 PM »
I had decent hopes for this thread to be one of the few politics-adjacent conversatons we could keep alive. Should have known better.

IBTL to say that the obsession with turning every sustainable closely-held business, regardless of industry or circumstance, into a derivative or potential investment for qualified investors is going drive us all to ruin.

Yeah I 100% agree, but don’t see much alternative. Outside of changing bankruptcy laws somehow.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2019, 04:16:36 PM »
Straight from their mouths and the agents that revere sent them.

Prove it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »

Late stage capitalism. Meanwhile tech companies keep reinventing buses

feedback