[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Orlando Invitational - Unofficial Guide  (Read 9746 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Orlando Invitational - Unofficial Guide
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 04:15:47 PM »
I sat through non-MU sessions and MU had a good showing, peaking at the championship game.  I was also at this tournament last time, and the championship game was at night and MU fans had flights out (as MU wasn't supposed to be in the championship game). And FSU fans came in droves.

Sat by Dakich a few times.  He is actually personable with fans during breaks and games. The dude is on social media all game.

MU attendance for non-MU games is the same or greater than many of the teams' fans who are playing. I counted TAMU's fans and they numbered less than 40.  MU drank 'em dry on Thanksgiving on the Coors Lite.

The officials are wildly inconsistent game to game. Sitting as a neutral team fan, every team hates every call against them. This was a good reminder be be more calm when MU plays, only to be forgotten on the first MU whistle (don't start me on the Smith "accidental" foot kick to an injured player that turned into a no-call).  You are so close, ref baiting is a hard to resist.

I know some folks disagree but that Smith soccer face rub with the foot was brewing, and even Turgeon was mad at his player and seemingly sat him until Jayce returned. MD didn't know how to handle Jayce. Turgeon and Wojo are very buddy buddy, btw.

Wojo punched his playboard. Also came in late from halftime with the officials who he was barking at underneath. He was so red faced numerous times he paced to the end line to hold his tongue.  And then the ref warned him he was out of the coaching box.  Jake spent many time outs barking at the refs as the huddle was on-going. Fact is, Maryland beat MU up. Tough match-up. But the cuddles are not so vanilla as Scoop believes, and the assistants are constantly teaching. Jake is going to be a great head coach one day I get the feeling.

Had a Birthday Beer Summit with Benny.  Certainly a highlight. A true MU fan and family. Saw many old friends. Ran across new friends at Disney sporting the gear.

Despite the Scoop Angst, MU is more settled at this point in the season than almost all of these teams.  Maryland, who is more talented, even had a lot of self-inflicted problems, although they played great against MU in the 1st half (MU won the 2nd half). Sure, there is a lot yet to settle but MU is just a step below the elites like Maryland. Can they take a step up?  They need to be more physical and cut back on the unforced errors. Fixable.

I know some folks who ran into Buzz at the Gaylord and he was cordial.  TAMU's point guard is 5'5" and has a side-armed shot.  I nicknamed him Stubby. It will be a long year but Buzz never stops coaching, and got his team back in games, relatively speaking, that they had no right to. That said, he never stops and he is as odd as ever, but a damn good coach.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »
Thought of one con from the event. They sell beer for a crazy price with cheaper refills (if you get a certain souvenir cup), but then they switch out the cups colors the next day so you can’t reuse it. Brutal after spending like $14 for a beer haha!

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
Thought of one con from the event. They sell beer for a crazy price with cheaper refills (if you get a certain souvenir cup), but then they switch out the cups colors the next day so you can’t reuse it. Brutal after spending like $14 for a beer haha!

We bought one souvenir cup each day, but brought the old ones back the next day.  Then we poured the new beer into the old cups and used the new cup for refills!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2019, 10:48:34 PM »
We bought one souvenir cup each day, but brought the old ones back the next day.  Then we poured the new beer into the old cups and used the new cup for refills!

Marquette ingenuity, right there.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2019, 11:00:00 PM »

Biggest disappointment: God damn mother fu@kin Mickey coming out on the court Sunday wearing MD colors.  Fu@k you, mouse.
Biggest highlight: My wife and 2 of my 3 kids booing Mickey (the 3rd wasn't paying attention).

Good for your family!

Disney should know better than to show bias toward one of the teams.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »
Marquette ingenuity, right there.

It took 5, almost 7, MU degrees between the four of us to figure it out though.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2019, 08:43:42 AM »
It took 5, almost 7, MU degrees between the four of us to figure it out though.

Dang. I wish you guys were sitting by me to figure this out lol

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2019, 08:45:18 AM »

Effen brilliant!!!!

I will be sure to use that strategy if ever faced with a similar situation.

Hoo sez sCooperz is stoopid?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2019, 12:33:38 PM »
Dang. I wish you guys were sitting by me to figure this out lol

Ah...well we were also juggling a rambunctious toddler, so we sat in the upper section to have more space.  It was also nice to have a little less noise when she slept through 2/3 of the Maryland game.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
Ah...well we were also juggling a rambunctious toddler, so we sat in the upper section to have more space.  It was also nice to have a little less noise when she slept through 2/3 of the Maryland game.
so did wojo

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 02:28:53 PM »
Wojo came down to the bar Friday night and hung with the MU faithful for a while. Interesting takes on the refs and such. But he does his home work, he knew each ref and their backgrounds and personalities.

As fas as the GP, great venue, but they nickel and dime you. Hate the "resort fee" scam. Food is expensive. And the rooms certainly could use a refresh.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2019, 04:59:31 PM »
Wojo came down to the bar Friday night and hung with the MU faithful for a while.

What does Wojo drink at the bar after a game?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »
What does Wojo drink at the bar after a game?

feedback