[Today at 12:28:22 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 11:39:07 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Gadget/Tech Thread  (Read 6824 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: New Gadget/Tech Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 12:04:25 PM »
New 'tech' company I'm using... Freshly.

On my second delivery (6/week)... it's convenient and several of the meals have been quite good.

Just a few minutes and my meal is ready. Quality is solid. Portions are big, but not tiny either.

I will eat the equivalent of 9 Freshly meals on Sunday at Real Chili's BBQ.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 03:27:03 PM »
The couple next door to me does although it’s a much older model... they’ve had it since we moved in back in 2010.  It’s name is David.

How well does it work?   If it's older, do you know if they have guide wires buried or is it GPS based?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2019, 04:17:24 PM »
The couple next door to me does although it’s a much older model... they’ve had it since we moved in back in 2010.  It’s name is David.

You had me in the first half.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 04:17:42 PM »
How well does it work?   If it's older, do you know if they have guide wires buried or is it GPS based?

Its his son Bae.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2019, 08:11:50 PM »
Its his son Bae.

Who has a machine as a son?   That's just weird.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2019, 11:10:28 PM »
Who has a machine as a son?   That's just weird.

Who doesn't?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2019, 06:23:44 AM »
Did you get the *very new* 2019 version or the 2018?

My 2019 arrives on Wednesday- looking forward to it

How is the new set?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2019, 09:54:49 AM »
How is the new set?

Amazing. Exceeded my high expectations. Beautiful picture. And to top it all off, the Roku streaking my YTTV is performing perfectly, whereas my old tv with add on Roku was lagging a lot

Very very pleased with the purchase. Sports & PS4 gaming have been a pleasure to watch.

Said to use 2 ppl to setup but I did it myself easily (55”)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2019, 10:06:31 AM »
Amazing. Exceeded my high expectations. Beautiful picture. And to top it all off, the Roku streaking my YTTV is performing perfectly, whereas my old tv with add on Roku was lagging a lot

Very very pleased with the purchase. Sports & PS4 gaming have been a pleasure to watch.

Said to use 2 ppl to setup but I did it myself easily (55”)

YTTV on the TCL sets is superior to the stick for sure. It makes me want to get all new TVs because of it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »
If you are in the market for a sub $1000 TV, you have to be crazy not too look at TCL.

My OTT (Comcast) has an app in the platform, so I have zero boxes, and have all the same functionality.  Not too mention 4K Netflix on these things look 🔥🔥🔥

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 11:56:42 AM »
Sony confirms PS5 for Christmas 2020.  Xbox Project Scarlett rumored (and pretty much confirmed) for the same time.  Next step in the console war is coming soon.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2019, 04:09:29 PM »
Not exactly a new gadget, but I'm not digging up the Arduino thread....

I want to build an electronic scoreboard for the backyard on a budget of ~$100-200.  There's no shortage of Arduino-controlled plans on the interwebs for a simple baseball layout: runs, hits, inning, balls, strikes, outs; but since this is a Wiffle Ball field, I need to add a base-runner indicator (keeping track of base-runners is neither my nor my son's strength).

Since it's typically just two players (i.e. no separate scorekeeper) simple is ideal when it comes to scoreboard controls, e.g. four buttons: B, S, H, O that could be controlled from the field.  Four touches of 'B' or one touch of 'H' puts a runner on base (and advances all other base-runners); two quick touches of 'H' puts a runner on 2nd (and advances all other base-runners two bases); three touches of 'S' or one touch of 'O' registers an out; three outs advances the inning; a base-runner advanced to home registers a run, etc.  But touch the wrong button by mistake and the system breaks down.

Controlling each indicator manually solves the problem of the inevitable mistake or replay reversals (yes, we've actually gone to video review... my son and I take our games very seriously); however, that doubles the number of buttons, which doesn't seem like much, but limits options on where the controls go (e.g. one idea was "step-touch" buttons on the pitcher's mound, but there's barely room for 4 buttons, let alone 8).

I only get one chance to do this right, so not only does the finished project need to be quality, it also has to be laid-out, built and installed in under 9 hours (i.e. between the time my wife leaves for work and the time she gets home).  Since I have Monday off (and my wife doesn't), time is of the essence here.

Just curious if anyone has contemplated something like this before.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:11:03 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »

I want to build an electronic scoreboard for the backyard on a budget of ~$100-200.  There's no shortage of Arduino-controlled plans on the interwebs for a simple baseball layout: runs, hits, inning, balls, strikes, outs; but since this is a Wiffle Ball field, I need to add a base-runner indicator (keeping track of base-runners is neither my nor my son's strength).

Since it's typically just two players (i.e. no separate scorekeeper) simple is ideal when it comes to scoreboard controls, e.g. four buttons: B, S, H, O that could be controlled from the field.  Four touches of 'B' or one touch of 'H' puts a runner on base (and advances all other base-runners); two quick touches of 'H' puts a runner on 2nd (and advances all other base-runners two bases); three touches of 'S' or one touch of 'O' registers an out; three outs advances the inning; a base-runner advanced to home registers a run, etc.  But touch the wrong button by mistake and the system breaks down.

Controlling each indicator manually solves the problem of the inevitable mistake or replay reversals (yes, we've actually gone to video review... my son and I take our games very seriously); however, that doubles the number of buttons, which doesn't seem like much, but limits options on where the controls go (e.g. one idea was "step-touch" buttons on the pitcher's mound, but there's barely room for 4 buttons, let alone 8).

I only get one chance to do this right, so not only does the finished project need to be quality, it also has to be laid-out, built and installed in under 9 hours (i.e. between the time my wife leaves for work and the time she gets home).  Since I have Monday off (and my wife doesn't), time is of the essence here.

This is awesome. My brothers and I built a baseball field in our backyard when we were kids. So many memories being brought back.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2019, 11:43:29 PM »

Benny:  no joke, pm me.  I might have a full working scoreboard for you.  Just replaced our little league's boards.

feedback