[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: How Reggie White Made Green Bay Cool  (Read 6771 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: How Reggie White Made Green Bay Cool
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 07:58:32 AM »
Disagree vehemently. Playing for the Packers is like a whole new collegiate fraternity for many.  Everywhere else it's a job.  In Green Bay it's a way of life.  Admittedly, it's not for all.  But it's perfect for some.

That's nonsense.  Most of the players rent a place near the stadium or a room at Oneida and simply drive to the stadium and back.  It's a job. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 08:50:59 AM »
Disagree vehemently. Playing for the Packers is like a whole new collegiate fraternity for many.  Everywhere else it's a job.  In Green Bay it's a way of life.  Admittedly, it's not for all.  But it's perfect for some.

As a recovering Packers fan, I use to spout nonsense like this and believe it, too.

The bill will come due soon for the organization that has been blessed with HOF QB’s for nearly 30 years.  We’ll see how many players enjoy a way of life playing with mediocre QBs
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 09:57:20 AM »
Sounds like some bears fans are butt hurt by your comments.

As usual, your sports commentary is spot on.

Packers fan here, that crap sounds just as bad as dgies' Cardinals rant. It's on the same level as Wisconsin football and basketball mythology.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 10:07:07 AM »

Is the bolded true? Guys like Favre, Winters and Longwell were good buddies, but I don't know many other cases of guys forming those bonds because they played in Green Bay.

I do agree that the small town can be a blessing for guys that are looking for that environment to root down after their playing days - Donald Driver, Don Beebee, Gilbert Brown, LeRoy Butler, Bryce Paup, Mark Chmura all stick out as guys that have either a primary or secondary residence in Green Bay well after their playing days were over. But I think that's the exception more than the rule. Most guys have somewhere else they consider home and don't have any intention of setting down roots where they play.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 03:44:15 PM »
I do agree that the small town can be a blessing for guys that are looking for that environment to root down after their playing days - Donald Driver, Don Beebee, Gilbert Brown, LeRoy Butler, Bryce Paup, Mark Chmura all stick out as guys that have either a primary or secondary residence in Green Bay well after their playing days were over. But I think that's the exception more than the rule. Most guys have somewhere else they consider home and don't have any intention of setting down roots where they play.

I feel like thats often a function of post-playing $$$ opportunities.  You see guys with radio gigs or TV jobs with teams they played 1-2 seasons of a 10 year career with, but it was towards the end.

Also, I could be mistaken but pretty sure Beebe went back to his hometown in the western Chicago Burbs and has been settled there since.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »
I feel like thats often a function of post-playing $$$ opportunities.  You see guys with radio gigs or TV jobs with teams they played 1-2 seasons of a 10 year career with, but it was towards the end.

Also, I could be mistaken but pretty sure Beebe went back to his hometown in the western Chicago Burbs and has been settled there since.

Don Beebe is head coach at D-III Aurora University.
Before that he coached at Aurora Christian High School (where he coached his son, who's now playing for the Vikings).

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2019, 04:16:09 PM »
Packers fan here, that crap sounds just as bad as dgies' Cardinals rant. It's on the same level as Wisconsin football and basketball mythology.

Cardinal rant? Really?

Just a happy-go-lucky baseball fan who is feeling pretty good right now.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »

That's nonsense.  Most of the players rent a place near the stadium or a room at Oneida and simply drive to the stadium and back.  It's a job.

Any of them live in Depere?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2019, 05:09:15 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »
Cardinal rant? Really?

Just a happy-go-lucky baseball fan who is feeling pretty good right now.

Dude. Just own it. I appreciate you get to piss overall excellence in the central

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »

st norbies is near the stadium too, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
  st norbies is near the stadium too, eyn'a?

No.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2019, 09:59:20 PM »
No.

can't be but minutes away.   they even use v. mccormick hall during training camp as they have used their campus for many years straight.  wonder if theirs looks like a beer can and smells of stale pizza and ummm...other things

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2016/07/24/packers-move-st-norbert-college/87455294/
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback