collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 12:19:59 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[Today at 11:55:22 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 10:36:41 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lambeau Field Parking  (Read 6785 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Lambeau Field Parking
« on: September 19, 2019, 10:40:26 PM »
Going to the Packers game this weekend against the Broncos (won four tickets in a charity auction). Need some ideas on:

Parking (hope to get there by 830 or so). Where should I find parking when I do not have season tickets?

Restaurants -- any thoughts in the immediate neighborhood in the event it is raining and tailgating does not work.

ALL IDEAS WELCOME!!!

Last time I drove to Lambeau was Brett Favre's first game! Been there a few times since as part of various groups.

My daughter is as big a Packers fan as I am. Her "Bear" boyfriend is coming too (he's actually a great guy but he is a Bear fan).

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Lambeau Field Parking
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 11:42:20 PM »
Going to the Packers game this weekend against the Broncos (won four tickets in a charity auction). Need some ideas on:

Parking (hope to get there by 830 or so). Where should I find parking when I do not have season tickets?

Restaurants -- any thoughts in the immediate neighborhood in the event it is raining and tailgating does not work.

ALL IDEAS WELCOME!!!

Last time I drove to Lambeau was Brett Favre's first game! Been there a few times since as part of various groups.

My daughter is as big a Packers fan as I am. Her "Bear" boyfriend is coming too (he's actually a great guy but he is a Bear fan).

Park on someone’s lawn and pay the $25.

I’m likely flying out next week for the Eagles game on Thursday and that’s what I plan on doing.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 11:49:01 PM »
Just go two blocks from stadium and park in someone’s yard. Last time I did that, it cost $20 and they had a huge food layout of BBQ pork with all the trimmings. No guarantee you will get that, but you never know.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 12:16:46 AM »
If you're willing and able to walk just a bit, there are two places I where I can typically find street parking for free in that timeframe:

1) go north on Oneida past Lombardi by 5 blocks or so. Pick a side street and stalk for a spot.

2) Going the other direction on Oneida, turn west (right) on Morris and check out the neighborhood nestled behind the stadium between Oneida and Ridge.

I'll leave dining to people who didn't live in the city - I have no idea what those places are like on game days  :). I will say if you're looking at restaurants, my parking recommendations put you quite a ways away from the bars on the east side of the stadium and even further from the newer places (Hinterland) on the west side. Obviously you're hoping tailgating works out.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 08:04:17 AM »
As people have said, just park on a lawn somewhere.  If you park north of Lombardi, expect to head north after the game.

As for places to eat, just walk around.  Just east of the stadium are a ton of sports bars.  Everything will be packed if it's raining but the rain is supposed to end early AM.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 08:31:51 AM »
It's been a few years since I've been up there, but the last couple of times we parked at Reinhold Sign on Holmgren Way.  They charged $15 and you could tailgate there, and they left the warehouse open for bathroom access. Short walk to the stadium from there.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 08:54:56 AM »
We would usually street park near the water tower off Oneida (just about across from Jimmy John's). Getting out from there usually puts one in front of most of the traffic leaving after the game unless you hang around the stadium a while.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 10:03:13 AM »
It sounds like there should be a Scoop Cheese Summit before a Packers game.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 10:57:18 AM »
Every house and business sells there parking lots for 10 to 25 dollars. Plentiful parking with tons of tailgating.

Don't even bother with a restaurant. Every single one is already sold out.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »
It sounds like there should be a Scoop Cheese Summit before a Packers game.

I like it.  In fact, very good chance the person involved in the NIT letter event you discussed here a few weeks ago would be going with me.  Maybe you can hear it right from the horse’s mouth.

Will know on Monday or Tuesday is schedule allows.  You free next Thursday night?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »
I like it.  In fact, very good chance the person involved in the NIT letter event you discussed here a few weeks ago would be going with me.  Maybe you can hear it right from the horse’s mouth.

Will know on Monday or Tuesday is schedule allows.  You free next Thursday night?

Or come this Sunday. I'll be there.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 01:35:29 PM »
dont waste your money parking on someones lawn. if you are getting there that early just park on the street in the neighborhood north of lambeau. maybe a 2 or 3 block walk.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 02:32:40 PM »

I don't venture north of the Quon.  Ask your buddy why he was preparing for the postseason while the head coach was embezzling and criminally losing games on purpose all season as you alleged? That would have been malfeasance on the MUAD part.  Of course what you alleged didn't happen and of course your buddy was prepping well in advance for a space to play...and then the end of the season happened.

I trust the Bills Cords' answer:  The basketball programs devolved into a crapshow on and off the court, and we are moving to put that behind us. Thank you for your support.

A couple of days later, Buzz is on national tv, donning his Gobbler wear and Terri Mitchell is out.

As to your buddy and the Bill Cords letter, I believe both can be true. As to your nonsense, I don't believe a word...other shoe to drop and all.  If it is true, you just cast some bad shade on your buddy.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 04:32:22 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
dont waste your money parking on someones lawn. if you are getting there that early just park on the street in the neighborhood north of lambeau. maybe a 2 or 3 block walk.

This is true.  That early you can find a free spot north of the stadium on one of the side streets off Ridge.  I paid $20 last Sunday at 11:00 three blocks north of Lambeau on Ridge.  Passed a guy two blocks further north charging $5
Ludum habemus.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 09:54:05 PM »
Thank you everybody for your ideas. I truly appreciate them all.

OK, what I did:

1) We packed a tailgate with the expectation we would. However, we were stoic enough to realize that with the rain coming, we might not.

2) We got there a little after 9:00 a.m., and it was raining at a pretty good clip. We went up Holmgren Way. I found the sign company but since we decided not to tailgate, I went back to the $10.00 Boy Scout fundraiser lot down by Grainger..

3) We ended up at an indoor/outdoor bar on the west side of Holmgren Way. The Bronco fans were fun photobombing the Packer fans. Went to the Stadium about 11:10 and had a great time. Good game and the Packers won.

4) The ride home was a pain in the backside. It was a Milwaukee game so Interstate 43 was a mess most of the way back. Took WI 32 down and cut over to Manitowoc on 10. Traffic did not let up until we got to Silver Spring Road on the way home.

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 07:29:27 AM »
Regarding #4, you probably just should have stayed on Highway 57 to Port Washington. Nice alternative to the interstates.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 08:27:20 AM »
Regarding #4, you probably just should have stayed on Highway 57 to Port Washington. Nice alternative to the interstates.

Brother Fluffy, I agree with you. But Ms. Dgies thought the Interstate would be better. So I followed her advice.

Next time.....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 08:36:57 AM »
Ms. Dgies thought the Interstate would be better. So I followed her advice.

Next time.....

Glad to see you learned your lesson!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »
Chick & glow prefer to park 4.2 miles away for free and just walk over
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 08:20:00 AM »
Chick & glow prefer to park 4.2 miles away for free and just walk over

Depending on the weather that's what I prefer.  You can usually get out ahead of most of the traffic after the game that way.  If you're parked right by the stadium just add 2 hours after the game before you're even out of the city.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 08:26:03 AM »
Depending on the weather that's what I prefer.  You can usually get out ahead of most of the traffic after the game that way.  If you're parked right by the stadium just add 2 hours after the game before you're even out of the city.

At Lambeau?  I've parked two blocks from the Stadium, paid less than $20, and been on the highway twenty minutes after getting back to my car.  Not leaving early or anything.  It's very easy to get around after the game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »
Depending on the weather that's what I prefer.

Refusing to throw money away for parking while also getting exercise? How stoopid!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 04:41:31 PM »
Stay the night in Dyckesville, WI 18 miles away) and Uber over.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 04:43:52 PM »
Stay the night in Dyckesville, WI 18 miles away) and Uber over.

AND GO TO JOE ROUER'S!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 07:46:12 PM »
  beth haven academy- s ridge road and valley view road.  kitty corner from krolls west, right across the street from the stadium.  10 years ago, they only charged $20.  the big BONUS bonanza-they open their "academy" for use of their indoor plumbing!!  should be ok by 8:30 yet
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback