collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Interest in Women's Basketball thread?  (Read 3626 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Interest in Women's Basketball thread?
« on: September 15, 2019, 07:01:17 PM »
Is there interest in having a thread about Marquette Women's Basketball over here?  I was thinking about this with the release of the BE schedule a few days ago.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Interest in Women's Basketball thread?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:37:45 AM »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:50:43 AM »
Sure.  I have no idea what to expect from the team this year

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 07:03:18 PM »
Sure.  I have no idea what to expect from the team this year

I'm not totally sure either.  Realistically I think they are a WNIT team at best but hope they can be back to competing for an NCAA bid next season.  I'm glad to see the non-conference schedule is a lot easier this season as I think they'll need that with a young team.

For the conference schedule, I'm actually kind of glad they open with three road games.  They've opened with 3 home BE games a number of years and then they have to go on the road more later. then obviously  And it's nice to see them finish at home so senior day isn't so incredibly early again.  Anonymous Eagle made a good point that they get the toughest conference road trip (Creighton and Providence) out of the way early when they don't have classes in early January so that makes it a little easier at least.

I figure Selena Lott starts for sure and I'm guessing LVK will also but beyond that I'm really not sure - will be interesting just to see the starting lineup to start the season...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:53:35 AM »
As a Miami alum, I'm excited for the Redhawk to Golden Eagle connection with Duffy.  I think she's an excellent coach that will get things back in the right direction.  When you only have 3 returning players in Lott, LVK, and Spingola that saw meaningful minutes, it will be an adventure to be sure.

As I mentioned when she was hired, Miami fans and boosters were sick at losing her, and thats saying something because its a school that is well known as the Cradle of Coaches for being a breeding ground for top football coaches, but has seen their good basketball coaches leave with success as well.  So they know its not an end all destination, but they thought they had something special and under the radar in Duffy.

MUWarrior2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
As a Miami alum, I'm excited for the Redhawk to Golden Eagle connection with Duffy.  I think she's an excellent coach that will get things back in the right direction.  When you only have 3 returning players in Lott, LVK, and Spingola that saw meaningful minutes, it will be an adventure to be sure.

As I mentioned when she was hired, Miami fans and boosters were sick at losing her, and thats saying something because its a school that is well known as the Cradle of Coaches for being a breeding ground for top football coaches, but has seen their good basketball coaches leave with success as well.  So they know its not an end all destination, but they thought they had something special and under the radar in Duffy.

Let's not forget sophomore Chloe Marotta, as well.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 08:41:10 PM »
Let's not forget sophomore Chloe Marotta, as well.

I think Marotta showed promise but she didn't get many minutes last season - only averaging 7.5 mpg.  I noticed an oddity on their stats tonight - they have two lines for Maqueia, LVK and for Marotta - I first focused on the line that said Marotta played 4 games and thought I know she played in more games than that.

Stats:  https://gomarquette.com/cumestats.aspx?path=wbball#individual

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 02:43:44 PM »
Natisha Hiedeman's Connecticut Sun team hosts the LA Sparks in game 2 of their WNBA Semifinals series tonight at 5:30P central on ESPN2.  Hiedeman got decent minutes off the bench during her time with the Sun during the regular season but didn't play in game 1 of the playoffs on Tuesday (the Sun's first playoff game as they had a bye into the semis).  Go Sun!!!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 08:14:52 PM »
I follow the women's game. Just checked out ESPN way too early top 25 and saw DePaul as only BE team (no surprise). For those in the know, what is the predicted order of finish after DePaul?

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 08:24:44 PM »
I follow the women's game. Just checked out ESPN way too early top 25 and saw DePaul as only BE team (no surprise). For those in the know, what is the predicted order of finish after DePaul?

I'd expect DePaul to be picked to finish #1 by a large margin and after that I'm not really sure.  I think MU will be picked lower this year with all they lost and how young they will be.  Xavier has been a bottom dweller for awhile and has a new coach so I'd expect them to be picked near the bottom again.  Butler had a good year last season but lost a lot of seniors I believe.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »