[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ruined thread..  (Read 1229 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Ruined thread..
« on: September 07, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »
Yes, because as I said in my original post, millennials are being more patient and selective.

He's being willfully obtuse, as per usual

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Ruined thread..
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 08:01:13 PM »
Yes, because as I said in my original post, millennials are being more patient and selective.

Definitely a big part of it.  I would add that the divorce rate has also dropped for 35 to 44 years olds, which barely touches the millennial category at the low end of that range.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
He's being willfully obtuse, as per usual

No, I a, bringing corrected facts.  Divorce rate was not rising as stated.  Divorce rate is down for a number of reasons, much of it millennials waiting but as the data shows, goes beyond that.  How is that being obtuse?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 11:12:18 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-american-men-are-getting-less-marriageable-2018-1

Marriage rates dropping because of fewer young men being seen as being able to support a family.

I assume this is because younger generations making less, and with more debt, compared to previous generations at the same stage in life. (I didn't read the article, so feel free to correct me)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 11:58:38 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool to be an expert on not just one or 10 or 100 things, but EVERYTHING?

That would be super duper duper cool.  Some of us work on Marriage Encounters so we know what the divorce data is and the bullshyte commentary that has been cemented in the Public sphere the last few decades.

For some people, I was hoping they could be an expert in just one thing...but alas we shall pray.  Stay safe Miguel...hope the girls BBall team does well this year...I hear you coach.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:00:22 AM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 12:05:16 AM »
I assume this is because younger generations making less, and with more debt, compared to previous generations at the same stage in life. (I didn't read the article, so feel free to correct me)

More to do with manufacturing jobs disappearing the last few decades and a good living from them are not as abundant.  Fewer men go to college, and those that don’t still had physical labor, good paying jobs to pay the bills in the past.  Those are in shorter supply now.  Women looking for financially stable partner see fewer of them, plus many are able to access more opportunities of their own...waiting longer. 

Some of the social norms of the past going away and what that does to men will be interesting. Some are blaming part of the opioid crisis on this very issue as mostly men are turning to other outlets in a cry for help. Some compelling literature on the subject in last 6 months.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 12:15:14 AM »
That would be super duper duper cool.  Some of us work on Marriage Encounters so we know what the divorce data is and the bullshyte commentary that has been cemented in the Public sphere the last few decades.

For some people, I was hoping they could be an expert in just one thing...but alas we shall pray.  Stay safe Miguel...hope the girls BBall team does well this year...I hear you coach.

as weird and creepy as it was i liked cheeks better when he came on here to announce the true love of his life, who he did not marry, was going through a sickness and it altered his life and he found new meaning and new purpose and didnt have the time to spend trying to work around permanent band from muscoop anymore. hell of a place to come spill your heart out. it even lasted a month maybe. but alas here we are back to cheeks ruining literally every single thread on muscoop with his “look at me look who worked for me look how unfair life has been to me nobody in this world has ever had to overcome the obstacles i have as a rich white man.”

the constant need to draw attention to himself to the point of going unhinged for the shock value has me almost believing that if it was universally agreed upon on Scoop that rich white mails have been dealt a 2 7 off suit hand in life hed argue they got pocket rockets and make 35 posts about it in every thread, despite the fact that hes been screaming how persecuted the rich white male is for years now on here.

seriously dude. you have almost 4,500 posts in like 10 months since creating your 17th username. how is that even possible? get a hold of yourself. youve completely lost it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 01:14:10 AM »
17th username...nope...you must be thinking of Sand Knit...black swan...ahoya ballscout...etc.

I’m one of those people that sleeps about 4 hours a day, can do 10 things at once, etc....just how I am wired.  Probably won’t live to much longer, men in my family burn out young.

Ignore feature works great.  Try it.  God Bless.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 07:59:28 AM »

I’m one of those people that sleeps about 4 hours a day, can do 10 things at once, etc....just how I am wired.  Probably won’t live to much longer, men in my family burn out young.

I'm a little worried about you. 4 hours of sleep are not enough. Sleep deprivation can cause the following:

Incoherent thoughts/arguments, lack of insight, delusions of grandeur, difficulty learning new concepts or accepting new ideas, amongst many others.

If you start to notice any of those symptoms, start getting more sleep.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 08:13:58 AM »
I'm a little worried about you. 4 hours of sleep are not enough. Sleep deprivation can cause the following:

Incoherent thoughts/arguments, lack of insight, delusions of grandeur, difficulty learning new concepts or accepting new ideas, amongst many others.

If you start to notice any of those symptoms, start getting more sleep.

Hey, I will let you know. Maybe if I sleep more I can become a mindless drone lemming....

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »
This article out today....men are broke and broken by Wokeness.   Men cannot measure up anymore, they don’t make enough money, they have been taught to be different then men in the past....fun 3 minute read.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/in-2019-men-are-broke-and-broken-by-wokeness/

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 09:01:00 AM »
Decent topic on the non-locked thread.   I realize there are some decent posts in this one .. too bad, so sad.