[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by MU82
[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129123 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2019, 09:40:41 AM »
I don’t know...ESPN posted it yesterday, they think it is relevant...I’m guessing because of the matchup this week.

Unable to think independently.  Whatever ESPN tells you is relevant is relevant.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
Lot's of meat on the bone this weekend............
Wisconsin at Ohio State 11:00 am FOX 
Auburn at LSU 2:30 pm CBS 
Penn State at Michigan State 2:30 pm ABC 
Texas at TCU 2:30 pm FOX 
Oklahoma State at Iowa State 2:30 pm FS1 
Notre Dame at Michigan 6:30 pm ABC 
California at Utah 9:00 pm FS1
Washington State at Oregon 9:30 pm ESPN 
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2019, 12:46:31 PM »
I've mostly laughed at Harbaugh's inability to beat any good teams, but I'll love him like a brother if he does it tomorrow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2019, 01:11:07 PM »
I've mostly laughed at Harbaugh's inability to beat any good teams, but I'll love him like a brother if he does it tomorrow.

I admit to being torn.    Any time ND loses =good.     Any time Michigan and Harbaugh lose = also good.     Kickoff should come with a driving rain storm.   Which should had to the pleasure of the 110 k in the big house.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2019, 01:13:05 PM »
I admit to being torn.    Any time ND loses =good.     Any time Michigan and Harbaugh lose = also good.     Kickoff should come with a driving rain storm.   Which should had to the pleasure of the 110 k in the big house.   

Hopefully ND doesn't bring any scissor lifts.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2019, 08:07:13 PM »
Unable to think independently.  Whatever ESPN tells you is relevant is relevant.

How did the Badgers do last Saturday...you have been so quiet...miss the game? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #307 on: October 26, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
59-0 to the 3rd string QB.  That was fun

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27897509/ohio-state-59-wisconsin-0-shocking-blowout-turned-first-college-football-playoff-race-upside-down

The third string QB that led them to the national title 2 games later.

How did the Badgers do last Saturday...you have been so quiet...miss the game? 

Did miss the game. Saw they lost which is hilariously awesome. Nothing better than the Badgers blowing a shot at a CFP.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #308 on: October 26, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
The third string QB that led them to the national title 2 games later.

Did miss the game. Saw they lost which is hilariously awesome. Nothing better than the Badgers blowing a shot at a CFP.

59-0 by the third string QB entering the game as the underdog.

The Badgers punter is helluva player...enjoyed seeing him in action today.  One of the better performances I have seen.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #309 on: October 26, 2019, 01:31:31 PM »
OUTCLASSED

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2019, 01:53:58 PM »
Kansas State putting the beatdown on Oklahoma. Goodbye OU!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #311 on: October 26, 2019, 02:18:14 PM »
Fire McCall.

The fact that he still has a job is disgraceful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #312 on: October 26, 2019, 03:23:04 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #313 on: October 26, 2019, 04:43:06 PM »
This could be my favorite day of the college football season. One down, one to go. Go Wolverines!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
F@cky and Frauder Dame lose by a combined 472-4. A great day of college football!!!

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #315 on: November 03, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »
Willie Taggart our at Florida State. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #316 on: November 03, 2019, 02:42:04 PM »
Willie Taggart our at Florida State.

Taggart’s buyout is estimated to be around $17 million.  Huh
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #317 on: November 03, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »
Where has Keefe gone to?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #318 on: November 03, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »
Lose to your rival who is average at best this year at home 27-10. Writing was on the wall.
-Bill Walton

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2019, 03:15:25 PM »
Going to interesting to see who FSU thinks they’ll get versus who they actually get. Tough job there.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2019, 03:17:17 PM »
Going to interesting to see who FSU thinks they’ll get versus who they actually get. Tough job there.
You can say that about most jobs.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #321 on: November 03, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »

Going after Clemson coordinators, any of them, would be a prudent move.  Brent Venables would be a slam dunk

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #322 on: November 03, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »
You can say that about most jobs.

True to a degree, but FSU fans have higher than average expectations for a P5 football school. Their fans consider a conference championship game and top 25 finish the floor. And while it's true that every program is gauged in large part on their performance against their biggest rivals, FSU has a tougher challenge than most, with Florida and Miami as the benchmarks.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #323 on: November 03, 2019, 03:44:16 PM »

True to a degree, but FSU fans have higher than average expectations for a P5 football school. Their fans consider a conference championship game and top 25 finish the floor. And while it's true that every program is gauged in large part on their performance against their biggest rivals, FSU has a tougher challenge than most, with Florida and Miami as the benchmarks.

Given history and location, it’s not unreasonable for them be a perennial top-10 team

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #324 on: November 03, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »
Going after Clemson coordinators, any of them, would be a prudent move.  Brent Venables would be a slam dunk

Venebles doesn’t recruit.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow