collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: class action lawsuits  (Read 1001 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
class action lawsuits
« on: August 30, 2019, 02:45:40 PM »
if i am using a product that basically claims to sterilize my hands...and doesn't...which it will not...can i sue them?  just to get them to shut up at least.  now, if it's gluten free, that's another story

i ask this 1/2 in jest, but NOTHING is going to kill everything except .1% of the germs.  the second it is exposed to air, it's dirty
don't...don't don't don't don't

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: class action lawsuits
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 06:06:14 PM »
if i am using a product that basically claims to sterilize my hands...and doesn't...which it will not...can i sue them?  just to get them to shut up at least.  now, if it's gluten free, that's another story

i ask this 1/2 in jest, but NOTHING is going to kill everything except .1% of the germs.  the second it is exposed to air, it's dirty
You answered the question by your topic title. Good instincts. Individually this lacks legs, but there is an active group of attys constantly trolling for class action lawsuits, like this one.

..the attys chase the class claim .....with the typical settlement being; 1) 6-7 figure cash $ atty fee paid to them; 2) some minor cure, here...a minor labeling change/disclaimer added to the product; and 3) a coupon to all customers in the class worth almost $2 on their next purchase of the same crap product....it is BS/shakedown racket. PI attys are always trolling for $ suits...I see little actual good from many of these type of class actions.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: class action lawsuits
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 07:21:13 PM »
You answered the question by your topic title. Good instincts. Individually this lacks legs, but there is an active group of attys constantly trolling for class action lawsuits, like this one.

..the attys chase the class claim .....with the typical settlement being; 1) 6-7 figure cash $ atty fee paid to them; 2) some minor cure, here...a minor labeling change/disclaimer added to the product; and 3) a coupon to all customers in the class worth almost $2 on their next purchase of the same crap product....it is BS/shakedown racket. PI attys are always trolling for $ suits...I see little actual good from many of these type of class actions.

completely agree houston, the class action lawsuit makes me chuckle.  i'm sure there have been some beneficial ones in which they served to benefit people in general, not from a financial standpoint but maybe a safety of a fraud issue. 

there was/is an attorney from the green bay area i believe who was (in)famous for his class action lawsuits.  he basically challenged  larger companies to spend the money on attorneys to fight him. 

the subway challenge was another example - challenging that some of it's sammys were less than 6 and 12 inches(i know-that's what...)   
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback