collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Stealing a Tesla in 30 seconds  (Read 8068 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Stealing a Tesla in 30 seconds
« on: August 24, 2019, 12:50:09 PM »
If someone steals my truck in the front of the house, I get to hear the large carbon emitting engine fire up and alert me and the neighbors.   ;D

Video of two guys using a relay device to trick a TESLA into thinking they have the key....30 seconds and gone in all the quietness the Tesla offers.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29517/watch-car-thieves-steal-a-tesla-model-s-in-under-30-seconds-using-a-relay-device

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: Stealing a Tesla in 30 seconds
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 01:18:18 PM »
If someone steals my truck in the front of the house, I get to hear the large carbon emitting engine fire up and alert me and the neighbors.   ;D

Video of two guys using a relay device to trick a TESLA into thinking they have the key....30 seconds and gone in all the quietness the Tesla offers.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29517/watch-car-thieves-steal-a-tesla-model-s-in-under-30-seconds-using-a-relay-device

Huh, that must be why gas/diesel vehicles are never stolen. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 01:30:12 PM »
Huh, that must be why gas/diesel vehicles are never stolen. 

Plenty are stolen, but they will think twice with mine and the neighbor’s...his diesel you ca hear 15 houses down.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 08:39:38 AM »
When celebrating obnoxiousness as a security system is a good humble brag...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 09:05:06 AM »
When celebrating obnoxiousness as a security system is a good humble brag...

When thinking gay jokes are funny in 2019.....is a good humble brag....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 09:10:17 AM »
When thinking gay jokes are funny in 2019.....is a good humble brag....

It’s a gay joke? The skit is widely heralded as one of SNL’s first positive gay sketches, but I’ll let you Google that.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 12:46:59 PM »
If someone steals my truck in the front of the house, I get to hear the large carbon emitting engine fire up and alert me and the neighbors.   ;D

Wow that's amazing, I bet they got really far with it too!

Better not switch to electric cars based solely on this!

/s

But for real, you still climate change denying these days?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 01:00:28 PM »
Wow that's amazing, I bet they got really far with it too!

Better not switch to electric cars based solely on this!

/s

But for real, you still climate change denying these days?

I never denied climate changing, it has always changed and always will regardless if man is here or not.  It always changes.

Good to see hockey stick Michael Mann lose his court case this week in the Canadian Supreme Court because he refused to turn over his data.  So strange that these guys with their models and data refuse to let others review their work....hmmm.   But yes, climate is always changing and that will never stop.  Jus like it is changing on Mercury, Venus, Mars, Etc, etc....crazy how, that works.   That’s why it is so much fun to read history of places on earth that went through ice ages, heat patterns, and then something totally different now only to have it change again in the future..  Life and climate is complex stuff, I’m glad I can emit carbon which plants need to live and not have huge car batteries left to destroy the environment later.  My solar panels are working great to save me money, too.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 08:03:44 PM »
You haven’t become WOKE yet.  Straight guys playing gay characters no longer meets the criteria of allowable humor here in the Hollywood homeland.  Thus, no longer humorous....Gay Schmitt in 2019 no golo.

Personally, I found it then and now, hilarious...as did my gay friends....but they aren’t as woke and the most wokeness who set the rules these days.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 05:13:45 AM »
I never denied climate changing, it has always changed and always will regardless if man is here or not.  It always changes.

Good to see hockey stick Michael Mann lose his court case this week in the Canadian Supreme Court because he refused to turn over his data.  So strange that these guys with their models and data refuse to let others review their work....hmmm.   But yes, climate is always changing and that will never stop.  Jus like it is changing on Mercury, Venus, Mars, Etc, etc....crazy how, that works.   That’s why it is so much fun to read history of places on earth that went through ice ages, heat patterns, and then something totally different now only to have it change again in the future..  Life and climate is complex stuff, I’m glad I can emit carbon which plants need to live and not have huge car batteries left to destroy the environment later.  My solar panels are working great to save me money, too.

Head in the sand, as always.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 05:23:24 AM »
Cheeks is Chicos turned up to 100.

Starting to think this is a parody account and not actually Chicos.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »
Horses are loud too...guess we should go back to those

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 06:34:22 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2019, 08:30:38 PM »
Head in the sand, as always.

Michael Mann (hockey stick graph fame) lost his libel case to Dr. Ball last week, no head in the sand...Mann refused to turn over the data as has been the case with a number of these guys...it’s as if they are worried about something. 

https://principia-scientific.org/breaking-news-dr-tim-ball-defeats-michael-manns-climate-lawsuit/

I personally think climate has always changed and always will.  I find it odd that some of these scientists and organizations don’t turn their data over for complete analysis.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2019, 02:56:03 PM »
Horses are loud too...guess we should go back to those

What about horse-faced women?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 09:21:05 PM »
Michael Mann (hockey stick graph fame) lost his libel case to Dr. Ball last week, no head in the sand...Mann refused to turn over the data as has been the case with a number of these guys...it’s as if they are worried about something. 

https://principia-scientific.org/breaking-news-dr-tim-ball-defeats-michael-manns-climate-lawsuit/

I personally think climate has always changed and always will.  I find it odd that some of these scientists and organizations don’t turn their data over for complete analysis.

Let me guess, you're also willing to fly in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence and claim that the earth is flat.

Must be some grand conspiracy as well?

God, you're dense.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 10:25:59 PM »
Let me guess, you're also willing to fly in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence and claim that the earth is flat.

Must be some grand conspiracy as well?

God, you're dense.

I’m curious why he risked losing his case, which he did, along with others that refuse to let their data be reviewed.  I mean, if it is such a slam dunk and overwhelming, why not release it?  What is concern?  What’s to hide.  Some great articles on why by PhDs at MIT, UVA, UCLA, etc, but of course their views don’t count. 

In all seriousness Hards, why not blow any skepticism out of the water entirely and open up the data to all?  Weird. 

I was going to post in the grievances thread, but it is closed.  I would also add why is it when it is hot, one side cannot wait to talk about climate change or global warming in context of the heat, but when it is really cold and one makes the same argument the immediate response is “weather is not climate”.....apparently different set of rules exist.  LOL.    But yes, climate is changing...always has and always will.  I’m pretty sure you will find overwhelming scientific evidence for that.  I’m just personally excited we aren’t under water where we live as some of the overwhelming scientific evidence folks said we would be by 2017...guess their data was flawed and needed some adjustments that nobody is allowed to look at except for those they choose.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 07:42:01 AM »
I feel like I'm going to regret asking this but hear I go...

You say that climate is always changing, which is true. Do you also believe that humans have had zero negative impact on that?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2019, 09:33:48 AM »
I feel like I'm going to regret asking this but hear I go...

You say that climate is always changing, which is true. Do you also believe that humans have had zero negative impact on that?

I feel humans have impact and have said that for many years.

What i don’t believe is the changes people want to make will do anything material and they have often admitted as much....instead they are in mentality of “we just have to do something to make me feel better about doing something”.  Nor do I think it is a good idea to make gloom and doom predictions with timelines that are wildly absurd and when they fail to occur, only hampers their argument even further.  Or the absolute hypocrisy of cap and trade offsets is one of the most glorious F You scams I have ever seen.  It’s as if someone can go murder someone and then claim all is good because I fathered a child as a replacement offset....nothing to see here.  Yup, I can burn emit as much carbon as I want as long as I offset it elsewhere with a donation or perceived eco savings.  It’s absurd. 

And the data.....why won’t they release the data?  Hmm.  If it is such a slam dunk, release it all, including the modeling methodologies, which these refuse to do.  If you control the narrative, control the recipe, you can have it say whatever you want.  But yes, humans have an impact.  Guess what, no humans on other planets, their climates changing too....despite no humans.  Aside from humans, so do animals, so does the Sun, so do many things.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 04:50:03 PM »
I feel humans have impact and have said that for many years.

What i don’t believe is the changes people want to make will do anything material and they have often admitted as much....instead they are in mentality of “we just have to do something to make me feel better about doing something”.  Nor do I think it is a good idea to make gloom and doom predictions with timelines that are wildly absurd and when they fail to occur, only hampers their argument even further.  Or the absolute hypocrisy of cap and trade offsets is one of the most glorious F You scams I have ever seen.  It’s as if someone can go murder someone and then claim all is good because I fathered a child as a replacement offset....nothing to see here.  Yup, I can burn emit as much carbon as I want as long as I offset it elsewhere with a donation or perceived eco savings.  It’s absurd. 

And the data.....why won’t they release the data?  Hmm.  If it is such a slam dunk, release it all, including the modeling methodologies, which these refuse to do.  If you control the narrative, control the recipe, you can have it say whatever you want.  But yes, humans have an impact.  Guess what, no humans on other planets, their climates changing too....despite no humans.  Aside from humans, so do animals, so does the Sun, so do many things.

You think its hypocrisy because you don't understand the word, "Disincentive".  You tax the carbon so that a more ecological decision is made.  Its sort of like a sin tax for carbon.

But hey man, I guess since you're so far in the weeds with a few specific cases that I know nothing about, you can't see that more than 97% of actively publishing climate scientists that climate warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities.

But you're right, NASA doesn't know squat.   Its that one guy... he knows the truth.   

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/3
https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_consensus_on_climate_change

You're in the very stupid minority here.  Sorry.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2019, 05:11:21 PM »
Climate changes. Truth. Climate moves in cycles, waves, etc. True.

Also true that the change in climate data since roughly the beginning of the industrial revolution is the greatest change in the fastest amount of time in known history.

What does that mean in the short and long term? We don't definitively know. We can hypothesize. Personally, I'd like to have things structured so that we can try to avoid the "bad outcome" hypotheses, regardless if they were to actually come to pass. Risk management.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 05:55:17 PM »
Climate changes. Truth. Climate moves in cycles, waves, etc. True.

Also true that the change in climate data since roughly the beginning of the industrial revolution is the greatest change in the fastest amount of time in known history.

What does that mean in the short and long term? We don't definitively know. We can hypothesize. Personally, I'd like to have things structured so that we can try to avoid the "bad outcome" hypotheses, regardless if they were to actually come to pass. Risk management.

We don’t know that second paragraph to be true because ice cores and other dated routes in which to capture the data are so limited.  It is also why the models have been so off, at least partly, because they thought some of this data captured to represent what was happening 100’s or 1000’s of years ago was more accurate than it was.  Some great articles on this.

I’m cool with your general hypothesis for number 3, but i’m Guessing how we get there, who pays, who is punished, etc will be quite different.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »
You think its hypocrisy because you don't understand the word, "Disincentive".  You tax the carbon so that a more ecological decision is made.  Its sort of like a sin tax for carbon.

But hey man, I guess since you're so far in the weeds with a few specific cases that I know nothing about, you can't see that more than 97% of actively publishing climate scientists that climate warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities.

But you're right, NASA doesn't know squat.   Its that one guy... he knows the truth.   

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/3
https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_consensus_on_climate_change

You're in the very stupid minority here.  Sorry.

You 97% number is false and debunked.

You still have yet to explain why there is fierce opposition to publicly sharing the data and methodology....I mean think about it, if an asteroid was coming to earth and the world had a fiver year head start to figure it out, we would be sharing data for the common god of mankind (are we allowed to say that...is it objectionable like God Bless America).  But instead, the data, methodology has not been shared.  Why?

Why?  Really simple.  Why?

Finally, I didn’t realize NASA was infallible.  It was only a few months ago they were embarrassed when they said what planet was closest to earth and they were proven wrong.  In fact there are any number of statements NASA and other institutes have said over the years that turned out to be wrong.

Sorry NASA, got this one wrong.  https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1103750/nasa-shock-space-agency-wrong-venus-mercury-earth-spt
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:19:53 PM by Cheeks »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 06:37:21 PM »
You 97% number is false and debunked.

You still have yet to explain why there is fierce opposition to publicly sharing the data and methodology....I mean think about it, if an asteroid was coming to earth and the world had a fiver year head start to figure it out, we would be sharing data for the common god of mankind (are we allowed to say that...is it objectionable like God Bless America).  But instead, the data, methodology has not been shared.  Why?

Why?  Really simple.  Why?

Finally, I didn’t realize NASA was infallible.  It was only a few months ago they were embarrassed when they said what planet was closest to earth and they were proven wrong.  In fact there are any number of statements NASA and other institutes have said over the years that turned out to be wrong.

Sorry NASA, got this one wrong.  https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1103750/nasa-shock-space-agency-wrong-venus-mercury-earth-spt

You're the king, bro.  You got me.  Totally convinced now!

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 08:04:40 PM »
Humans are part of the cause, how much no one knows.

Must have China and India on board.

NASA error in late 90’s because they did the conversion of a measurement to metric wrong caused them to lose a satellite or lander. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato