[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: DePaul College Prep acquires new campus  (Read 2073 times)

Not A Serious Person

• All American
DePaul College Prep acquires new campus
« on: August 02, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
DePaul College Prep acquires new campus
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/education/depaul-college-prep-acquires-new-campus
The Catholic high school said it will move to the new 17-acre Roscoe Village location next year after its enrollment has expanded.

DePaul College Prep high school has acquired a 17-acre Roscoe Village campus for its new location, starting with the 2020-21 school year.

The co-ed Catholic high school said today that it bought the property at 3300 N. Campbell Ave. from Adtalem Global Education, the for-profit higher education company formerly known as DeVry Education Group. DePaul College Prep and Adtalem declined to say how much was paid for the property.

The high school plans to move from its current rented space at 3633 N. California Ave., which is just west of the North Branch of the Chicago River, to the new campus about a mile away and east of the river.

---------------

I know where DeVry is … perfect location.

I noted this a few years ago, after watching a presentation from Lovell ....

What is the country’s largest “pipeline” between a Jesuit High School and a Jesuit University/College?

Loyola Academy to Marquette … MU gets over 200 applications a year from LA with 45 to 60 enrolling.

#4 is St Viator (Arlington Heights IL) to MU

Could Depaul Prep become another pipeline for MU? (because we know that Illinois kids leave the state for college more than just about any other state in the country.)
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MU82

• All American
Re: DePaul College Prep acquires new campus
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 09:58:26 AM »
Great move by DePaul. As long as they don't charge too much and/or offer plenty of scholarships, this will be a very welcome addition to the Chicago HS community.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 10:24:36 AM »
Gonna screw up the Battle of the Bridge Thanksgiving tourney, but if that’s the worst thing that comes of it, that’s a pretty good win.

Hopefully this means more parking.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 01:31:50 PM »
Gonna screw up the Battle of the Bridge Thanksgiving tourney, but if that’s the worst thing that comes of it, that’s a pretty good win.

Hopefully this means more parking.

This
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 05:15:40 PM »
Great move by DePaul. As long as they don't charge too much and/or offer plenty of scholarships, this will be a very welcome addition to the Chicago HS community.

Not a new school, and its been part of the Chicago community for a long time.  It used to be Gordon Tech, and the name change to Depaul College Prep I think is about 5 years old now.

But this gets them to a bit more central location to pull from Lake View, LP, and Wicker Park.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
Not a new school, and its been part of the Chicago community for a long time.  It used to be Gordon Tech, and the name change to Depaul College Prep I think is about 5 years old now.

But this gets them to a bit more central location to pull from Lake View, LP, and Wicker Park.

Oh, OK. That's what happens when I've been gone from Chicago for so long. Thanks for the correction.

I lived just down the street from Gordon Tech, and my kids had many friends who went there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 03:47:12 PM »
graduated from the original DePaul Academy which was on campus.. had a few professors teach a subject on occasion. Everybody else in my neighborhood went to Loyola. 

feedback