[Today at 01:34:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 318038 times)

hairy worthen

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1400 on: December 15, 2019, 04:58:47 PM »
Yup, that and that god awful call in the first quarter that shoulda been a fumble for the Bears.

Bears through away plenty of other opportunities but that sucked.
Boo hoo. Whining about refs is what losers do which of course is what the Bears are.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1401 on: December 15, 2019, 05:11:36 PM »
Dallas won the toss and elected to kick. So they will kick off to start both halves. Awesome.
nope

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1402 on: December 15, 2019, 06:50:05 PM »
Boo hoo. Whining about refs is what losers do which of course is what the Bears are.

Blaming others is the Matt Nagy Way.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1403 on: December 15, 2019, 07:45:27 PM »
Dallas won the toss and elected to kick. So they will kick off to start both halves. Awesome.

Nope, the refs stepped on their johnson and then had to fix it at halftime.  He clearly said defer, but the ref didn't hear it.  Fortunately they corrected it.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1404 on: December 15, 2019, 07:51:32 PM »
Nope, the refs stepped on their johnson and then had to fix it at halftime.  He clearly said defer, but the ref didn't hear it.  Fortunately they corrected it.

The coin flip was reversed at halftime by NY after video/audio review after they watched it on Fox. Is a coin flip reviewable?  😂
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 09:04:13 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1405 on: December 15, 2019, 07:59:18 PM »
The coin flip was reversed at halftime by NY after video/Audi review after they watched it on Fox. Is a coin flip reviewable?  😂

Apparently so.  I texted my NFL peers right after the game started and was ribbing them. Social media blew up with everyone hearing Prescott say DEFER that they had to correct it.  Glad they got it right.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1406 on: December 15, 2019, 08:04:36 PM »
Apparently so.  I texted my NFL peers right after the game started and was ribbing them. Social media blew up with everyone hearing Prescott say DEFER that they had to correct it.  Glad they got it right.

Wait. I thought your work confiscated all cell phones from all employees during NFL Sundays? Or is that only the NFL Sundays you conveniently need an excuse to be away from MUScoop?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1407 on: December 15, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »
Wait. I thought your work confiscated all cell phones from all employees during NFL Sundays? Or is that only the NFL Sundays you conveniently need an excuse to be away from MUScoop?

LOL...only when down at the broadcast center.  I wasn't at the broadcast center today, I was home as I'm sure my IP address will verify. 

How did the Big Ten do in volleyball?  And tell me again about the Dayton recruits and who recruited them for men's basketball?   

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1408 on: December 15, 2019, 08:10:17 PM »
Nah. Panthers better without $cam...

Cam  0 Wins in 2019.  0 wins in 13 months for that matter.  In 2019, 0 TDs thrown, 1 int.  2 losses.  Winning % of 0.000  QB rating in the 70's

Allen 5 wins in 2019.  16 TDs thrown to 12 INTS.  7 losses.  Winning % of .416. QB rating in the 80's.   Should be 6-6 under him, but their kicked screwed the pooch.

Wonder where Cam plays next year...what do you think?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1409 on: December 15, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »

Another week ban right here.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1410 on: December 15, 2019, 08:10:52 PM »
LOL...only when down at the broadcast center.  I wasn't at the broadcast center today, I was home as I'm sure my IP address will verify. 

How did the Big Ten do in volleyball?  And tell me again about the Dayton recruits and who recruited them for men's basketball?   

Ahh. Go to the IP address when it works out for you. But when it shows hoopaloop is Cheeks...no no no, beer and dinner and free Disney tickets to a complete stranger! And even WiFi passwords!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1411 on: December 15, 2019, 08:13:57 PM »
Ahh. Go to the IP address when it works out for you. But when it shows hoopaloop is Cheeks...no no no, beer and dinner and free Disney tickets to a complete stranger! And even WiFi passwords!

It's ok to just admit you were wrong, really...try it.  Been at home all day.  Mowed the front and back lawn.  Some pretty good winds last night required me to adjust some of the lights and decorations.  My wife and daughter worked today so it was just my son and I watching football from home.  It's ok, you can just admit you were wrong...you can do it.  You hold me to a standard...let's see you hold yourself to the same standard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1412 on: December 15, 2019, 08:21:51 PM »
It's ok to just admit you were wrong, really...try it.  Been at home all day.  Mowed the front and back lawn.  Some pretty good winds last night required me to adjust some of the lights and decorations.  My wife and daughter worked today so it was just my son and I watching football from home.  It's ok, you can just admit you were wrong...you can do it.  You hold me to a standard...let's see you hold yourself to the same standard.

What am I wrong on exactly?

The irony is so rich lol. Here’s a guy who comes on here promising to not be around very often and then has over 6,500 posts in just over his “first” (of this his 5th username) year. I can’t imagine what being around often would look like if this is you not being around here very often. And why? Because you spend a full day on a thread trying to argue with literally everyone about how right you were to back the NCAA and the great job they’re doing. Lol.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 08:23:58 PM by wadesworld »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1413 on: December 15, 2019, 08:40:05 PM »
What am I wrong on exactly?

The irony is so rich lol. Here’s a guy who comes on here promising to not be around very often and then has over 6,500 posts in just over his “first” (of this his 5th username) year. I can’t imagine what being around often would look like if this is you not being around here very often. And why? Because you spend a full day on a thread trying to argue with literally everyone about how right you were to back the NCAA and the great job they’re doing. Lol.

You are wrong about implying I was there today and the phone confiscation.  If I was there, sure...but I wasn’t.  This you were wrong.

The irony goes both ways.  Looks like 4400 posts to me, but who is counting or maybe the counter only counts some...don't really care.

Last I checked, it takes at least two to argue....hmm. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 09:02:19 PM by Cheeks »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1414 on: December 15, 2019, 09:34:08 PM »
You are wrong about implying I was there today and the phone confiscation.  If I was there, sure...but I wasn’t.  This you were wrong.

The irony goes both ways.  Looks like 4400 posts to me, but who is counting or maybe the counter only counts some...don't really care.

Last I checked, it takes at least two to argue....hmm.

I was asking a question. You can’t really be right or wrong when you’re asking a question...

Go to “show posts.” Go to page 261 (SHEESH!). Looks like 6,519 posts. In just over a year! This from a guy who was simply making his 5th? 6th? 7th? Username because all the previous ones were permanently banned to respond because he saw a picture of himself on MUScoop but not to worry, he will “keep [his] appearances limited.”

LOLLLLLLLLLLL! Really keeping your word there.

Will you admit you were wrong? Hmmm...

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1415 on: December 15, 2019, 09:35:08 PM »
why?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1416 on: December 15, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »
I was asking a question. You can’t really be right or wrong when you’re asking a question...

Go to “show posts.” Go to page 261 (SHEESH!). Looks like 6,519 posts. In just over a year! This from a guy who was simply making his 5th? 6th? 7th? Username because all the previous ones were permanently banned to respond because he saw a picture of himself on MUScoop but not to worry, he will “keep [his] appearances limited.”

LOLLLLLLLLLLL! Really keeping your word there.

Will you admit you were wrong? Hmmm...

Didn’t feel like you were asking a question...especially with your accusatory follow-up question...but ok.

I see the post count here in this thread and it shows 4400 and change.  It must not add them all up when displaying within the thread... that’s cool...thanks for pointing out...much appreciated.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1417 on: December 15, 2019, 10:58:58 PM »
Stay on topic.

Bills clinch a playoff berth. In a weird way, they are kind of a fun team.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1418 on: December 16, 2019, 12:48:42 AM »

I'm glad to hear that you think it is important to admit when you were wrong.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59503.msg1182618#msg1182618
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:52:58 AM by TAMU Garcia »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1419 on: December 16, 2019, 12:52:29 AM »
I see the post count here in this thread and it shows 4400 and change.  It must not add them all up when displaying within the thread... that’s cool...thanks for pointing out...much appreciated.

I believe the post counts under our names only count Hanging at the Al posts. Superbar posts don't count. Not sure about the other sections.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1420 on: December 16, 2019, 02:12:22 AM »

I mean, a fumble and Bears possession literally turned into 7 points for the Packers.

But Packers fans have never once complained about officiating for one game let alone talked about one single call in a certain week 3 for an entire season. Right?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1421 on: December 16, 2019, 06:36:54 AM »
Didn’t feel like you were asking a question...especially with your accusatory follow-up question...but ok.

So after claiming someone can’t admit they were wrong because of a question he asked and lecturing him on how it’s okay to admit he was wrong, Cheeks can’t admit he was wrong. Sad.

Definitely keeping his appearances limited. Only 6,500 posts in 1 year. Very limited indeed.

Was Cheeks wrong? Tune in to find out.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1422 on: December 16, 2019, 07:21:14 AM »
I mean, a fumble and Bears possession literally turned into 7 points for the Packers.

But Packers fans have never once complained about officiating for one game let alone talked about one single call in a certain week 3 for an entire season. Right?
You do know the fumble wasn't in the end zone. The Packers still had to complete a drive to score. Maybe the "awesome" Bears defense should have stopped the drive. You can go through the entire game and find calls that would have changed the game for both sides. The fumble on the punt could have been called leading with the helmet as well.

Of course fans complain about refs, that's what they do, but don't whine about losing a game because of a missed call. I am not talking about the average fan I am addressing you specifically.  Take your loss like a man. As far as the Seattle call a few years ago, that was a little different circumstance.     

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1423 on: December 16, 2019, 08:44:18 AM »
The NFL clearly messaged up the coin toss reversal. The Cowboys clearly say they want to defend, they want to kick, and chose a direction they want to kick. That direction was granted. After all that Dak does say "defer," but that doesn't change their selections that were granted.

Cowboys should not have gotten the ball to start off the 2nd half. The NFL shouldn't have intervened.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1424 on: December 16, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
The NFL clearly messaged up the coin toss reversal. The Cowboys clearly say they want to defend, they want to kick, and chose a direction they want to kick. That direction was granted. After all that Dak does say "defer," but that doesn't change their selections that were granted.

Cowboys should not have gotten the ball to start off the 2nd half. The NFL shouldn't have intervened.

It's really not that big of a deal.  Mike Peirera mentioned that referees usually do more to verify intent at that time.  It didn't make any difference in the game outcome.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback