[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: $100 Fee to Get Paper Season Tickets  (Read 16953 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
$100 Fee to Get Paper Season Tickets
« on: July 15, 2019, 03:30:58 PM »
I just got the season ticket renewal email from MU, and it includes the following:

"...New this year, season tickets will be distributed digitally via your My Marquette Account.  If you would like to receive a printed ticket book in addition to your digital (mobile) tickets, answer YES to this question and the $100 service charge will be later added to your invoice."

I knew they were phasing out the paper tickets this year, and I guess it's nice that they're still making them available to the old curmudgeons who can't figure out how to use the digital tickets, but a $100 fee seems prohibitive.  (I guess that's the point.)

Is anyone still ordering the paper tickets?

The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: $100 Fee to Get Paper Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 03:38:46 PM »
I just got the season ticket renewal email from MU, and it includes the following:

"...New this year, season tickets will be distributed digitally via your My Marquette Account.  If you would like to receive a printed ticket book in addition to your digital (mobile) tickets, answer YES to this question and the $100 service charge will be later added to your invoice."

I knew they were phasing out the paper tickets this year, and I guess it's nice that they're still making them available to the old curmudgeons who can't figure out how to use the digital tickets, but a $100 fee seems prohibitive.  (I guess that's the point.)

No

warriorjoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 04:22:32 PM »
BrewCity 83:

I guess MU feels that the $100 fee will be enough to get people to go the digital route in the future.

Frankly, since I was an undergrad in the late 1970s, I always kept my ticket stub and wrote facts about the game on the back of the ticket, including with whom I attended the game, attendance, leading scorer, etc. It was my personal record that would be a keepsake. Those types of things would jog my memory about that particular game.

Not everyone is as sentimental as I, and I get that. But this is another manifestation of the paperless society.
There are retailers around the country attempting to do business with plastic and/or phones to be rid of cash and coins.

While there has been some backlash in some cities to these types of cashless retailers, this is the wave of the future.

I guess we will just have to get used to it.

Go Warriors!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »
It’s the reality of today’s world, and while I have adapted to most of it - like e-tickets, news, streaming music and TV, banking and other financial transactions - the one transition I still can’t make is books. As long as somebody still prints words of novels and memoirs on paper, I will buy them.

For me, e-tickets was actually one of the easiest changes, because it made it easier to buy, sell or give them away.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 07:04:38 PM »
It’s the reality of today’s world, and while I have adapted to most of it - like e-tickets, news, streaming music and TV, banking and other financial transactions - the one transition I still can’t make is books. As long as somebody still prints words of novels and memoirs on paper, I will buy them.

For me, e-tickets was actually one of the easiest changes, because it made it easier to buy, sell or give them away.

Until it doesn't work, and then the age old ability of having a paper ticket looks pretty comforting.  I've used digital tickets for years, but twice run into a situation where they didn't work properly and it was more painful than it should have been to get the staff to rectify the situation.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

panda

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 07:11:56 PM »
Until it doesn't work, and then the age old ability of having a paper ticket looks pretty comforting.  I've used digital tickets for years, but twice run into a situation where they didn't work properly and it was more painful than it should have been to get the staff to rectify the situation.

Sorry for your hardship. Just to think, it could’ve been me. I’ve used electronic tickets too :-/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:13:44 PM by panda »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
Pretty crazy ticket fee. But it's the way of the future. People will just start using other things as mementos instead of stubs.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 07:25:56 PM »
I want the paper tickets. My wife has an I phone, so it is not a problem if she goes to the game. It becomes a problem if she is not going to go to the game.

This pisses me off, because I called MU before making my $100 deposit and asked if I could still get paper tickets. They said yes I could, but did not say anything about a $100 fee.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 07:31:00 PM »
I want the paper tickets. My wife has an I phone, so it is not a problem if she goes to the game. It becomes a problem if she is not going to go to the game.

This pisses me off, because I called MU before making my $100 deposit and asked if I could still get paper tickets. They said yes I could, but did not say anything about a $100 fee.

Pickup an old phone for 30 dollars. Download tickets prior to game. Profit.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 08:02:04 PM »
How much are programs? I like the memento of the paper ticket. I suppose the programs would do, but then you have to buy them before every game because any one could be memento worthy.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 08:27:37 PM »

Everyone does this.  The Cubs charge $400 for hard tickets, though there are 81 games and not 16.  Trying to discourage the paper tickets obviously.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »
Wow $100! Lots of money.
I split Sox tickets with three other people. The actual named season ticket-holder has been getting the paper tickets because that way when we divvy up our tickets, he just passes them out. I don’t know that he would keep the tix if he had to forward them one at a time to everybody- I’m assuming that would be the only way to get them to the proper person.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 09:43:20 PM »
Everyone does this.  The Cubs charge $400 for hard tickets, though there are 81 games and not 16.  Trying to discourage the paper tickets obviously.

Sounds like a tax...that’s what taxes do....retard spending.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 09:47:47 PM »
The Bears don't even give you the paper option for 2019. It's all digital

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 09:51:39 PM »
The Bears don't even give you the paper option for 2019. It's all digital

Angels did same, but they have option for people that do not have digital phones....and yes there are quite a number of folks that do.  I would be surprised if the Bears don’t also have an option of some kind like that.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 09:53:25 PM »

Yep, my NBA and MLS ticket packages are electronic and easy to distribute to others. They also prevent fraud; you can’t pass back an already used e-ticket to sell outside and scam people.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 07:02:20 AM »
I will have to pay the extra $100 because I don't have a cell phone.  I take it I cannot print the digital tickets at home.  I do this for various theater tickets in Milwaukee. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 07:58:35 AM »
I will have to pay the extra $100 because I don't have a cell phone.  I take it I cannot print the digital tickets at home.  I do this for various theater tickets in Milwaukee.

A bar code is a bar code. You can print it if you want. However they will probably reject it at the door.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 08:09:06 AM »
How much are programs? I like the memento of the paper ticket. I suppose the programs would do, but then you have to buy them before every game because any one could be memento worthy.

The last time I checked (2 or 3 seasons back), they were $5. So if you bought one for every home game, it would be similar in cost to the $100 for paper tix.

When I was a kid, my dad bought me programs for most any sporting event we went to. By the time I was in high school, I had a huge cabinet full of Warriors, Brewers, Bucks and Packers programs. I might have kept them all, but my parents divorced and moved to smaller apartments when I was still in school and moving from apartment to apartment myself, so I ended up tossing most of them and just keeping the most "significant" ones. I suspect many of the 70s era MU programs I tossed could fetch a few bucks today....

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 08:10:33 AM »
When Marquette wins the National Championship the paper tickets will be a nice keepsake.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 08:17:32 AM »
When Marquette wins the National Championship the paper tickets will be a nice keepsake.

I still have my tix from all five NCAA Tournament games in '77. They have been safely preserved in a frame for decades.
 8-)

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »
Wow $100! Lots of money.
I split Sox tickets with three other people. The actual named season ticket-holder has been getting the paper tickets because that way when we divvy up our tickets, he just passes them out. I don’t know that he would keep the tix if he had to forward them one at a time to everybody- I’m assuming that would be the only way to get them to the proper person.

We do the same thing with our Sox tickets - the named season ticket holder hands them out when we do out ticket selection draft.  But we all now have access to the e-tickets via the website (just share the username and password of the keeper of the tickets) so that we can transfer tix digitally. 

I expect that in the next year or so it will be all digital.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »
A bar code is a bar code. You can print it if you want. However they will probably reject it at the door.
Not probably....they will not accept them.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 08:44:58 AM »

I'm willing to guess these problems happen far less than people getting burned by printed counterfeit tickets.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 09:36:52 AM »

Eye'm gonna guess ur class of '62, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"