[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Excellent Interview With Jamal Cain  (Read 4853 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Excellent Interview With Jamal Cain
« on: July 12, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
Mr Dodds comes through with an excellent interview with Jamal Cain. Jamal is poised for an outstanding junior year.

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Article/Jamal-Cain-133581236/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

panda

• All American
Re: Excellent Interview With Jamal Cain
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 09:00:35 PM »
So Jamal you’re from Detroit. So is Greg. Talk about that?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 09:50:22 PM »
Refreshing to have a guy who just wants to help his team win. If that means he loses all his minutes he’ll stick around and try to push his teammates in practice. If that means play a new roll he’ll do his best. He isn’t going to tell his coaches how he or his teammates should be used or who should be getting the shots, and he’s not going to complain if he’s not getting his minutes. He knows where he stands.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 09:58:18 PM »
Refreshing to have a guy who just wants to help his team win. If that means he loses all his minutes he’ll stick around and try to push his teammates in practice. If that means play a new roll he’ll do his best. He isn’t going to tell his coaches how he or his teammates should be used or who should be getting the shots, and he’s not going to complain if he’s not getting his minutes. He knows where he stands.
Amen

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 08:21:28 AM »
Thanks for posting that interview of Jamal. It was a good, quick read.

A coaching acquaintance of mine who knows Cain's family said that Jamal was one of the players who strongly considered transferring but decided to stay after the Hausers left. He likes the chemistry and likes his chance at more PT.

In the Dodds interview, I LOVED this on Symir being the player who has impressed Cain most so far:

I just saw today how quick he was.  He kind of reminds me of a high school John Wall.  Just how he moves, just how he looks.  He’s going to be really exciting to watch.  He’s fast and his first mind is to pass.  So, that’s great off the rim (to get him the ball in transition).  I think he is going to be a very exciting player.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 05:01:02 PM »

It certainly is refreshing.  He loves his friends, and is realistic about professional aspirations.  Having said that, if he has a breakout year or plays great his senior year he could get overseas looks for sure.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 09:59:41 PM »
Jamal: “I’m 6’7” and 205 lbs.”

Dodds: Today he’s 6’7” 210 lbs.

?-(
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 06:49:01 AM »
Jamal: “I’m 6’7” and 205 lbs.”

Dodds: Today he’s 6’7” 210 lbs.

?-(

No different than normal the article reads as if a 4th grader wrote it
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 10:10:19 AM »
I am so glad to have read this interview.  I see the respect the current team members have for one another.  Mention of the new guys' potential was exciting for me to read. I am looking forward to our upcoming season with what I think will be great togetherness. 

I am not sure if Sand Knit wished it had never been posted or does he have some other hidden agenda with his negative remark?  That really confuses me. 

John Dodd serves us all well!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
No different than normal the article reads as if a 4th grader wrote it

That's about right if the writer's intended audience is Scoopers.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »
I appreciated the article.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 05:40:12 PM »
That's about right if the writer's intended audience is Scoopers.

Funny comment.

Also, spot on.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 09:11:54 PM »
"One thing about Greg Elliott, when you watch him play, he’s coming down court in transition or even in the half court....  Greg is looking for his # 1 option... Jamal Cain, his brother from Detroit.  He is going to try to get the ball to you, if at all possible...even if he has a lay up... "

Is that true? Can't say it's a dynamic that ever stood out to me but maybe there's actual data to back it up? Seems like trying to force a narrative though

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 05:36:56 AM »
Thought the same.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 05:40:20 AM »
There were a few plays when they were on the court together that caused me to smile and think that was a play that comes from playing together for years. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 10:01:13 AM »
"One thing about Greg Elliott, when you watch him play, he’s coming down court in transition or even in the half court....  Greg is looking for his # 1 option... Jamal Cain, his brother from Detroit.  He is going to try to get the ball to you, if at all possible...even if he has a lay up... "

Is that true? Can't say it's a dynamic that ever stood out to me but maybe there's actual data to back it up? Seems like trying to force a narrative though

Leaving aside production and role, Cain looked more comfortable on the floor his first season when Elliott played than he did in his second season when Elliott didn't play.

feedback