[November 28, 2020, 11:38:45 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 2/24/2020 by MU82
[November 28, 2020, 10:26:11 PM]

Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach by Newsdreams
[November 28, 2020, 09:52:44 PM]

Coaches Looking For Games (on Twitter) by shoothoops
[November 28, 2020, 08:58:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What's Wrong With Apple (stock)?  (Read 67448 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: What's Wrong With Apple (stock)?
« Reply #575 on: August 19, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »
AAPL has been relentless, and the announcement of the split only accelerated things. Wouldn’t surprise me if it backed off a bit post split - a common result for stocks that split - but I see no reason to sell here.

I’m a very reluctant seller, so I’ll probably keep holding it. Can’t argue with that strategy so far with AAPL!!!
“None of these steps we’re asking people to take are political statements. Every one of them is based on science, real science. ... I know the country has grown weary of the fight. We need to remember we’re at war with the virus, not with one another.”

-- President Joe Biden

TSmith34

• All American
« Reply #576 on: August 24, 2020, 02:13:55 PM »
I am glad AAPL is all over my portfolio (and even more concentrated in my kids'), but it looks like the dash over $500 prompted some people to take profits.

I am not suggesting selling it necessarily, particularly if you don't have it in a tax advantaged account, but IMO it is awfully pricy here.
"Bigly mentally unstable, believe me.  Sad, unbelievably sad."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #577 on: August 24, 2020, 04:12:22 PM »
I am glad AAPL is all over my portfolio (and even more concentrated in my kids'), but it looks like the dash over $500 prompted some people to take profits.

I am not suggesting selling it necessarily, particularly if you don't have it in a tax advantaged account, but IMO it is awfully pricy here.

Yeah, I have a few like that, stocks that have marched well past what seems reasonable valuation.

Every time I think about selling (or at least trimming) AAPL, MSFT, MA, even boring consumer staples and utilities like MKC and NEE, I can't bring myself to do it. And every time, I've been rewarded.

Obviously, this can't keep going on forever. The crash could be painful.
“None of these steps we’re asking people to take are political statements. Every one of them is based on science, real science. ... I know the country has grown weary of the fight. We need to remember we’re at war with the virus, not with one another.”

-- President Joe Biden

feedback