collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What's Wrong With Apple (stock)?  (Read 122313 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: What's Wrong With Apple (stock)?
« Reply #575 on: August 19, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »
AAPL has been relentless, and the announcement of the split only accelerated things. Wouldn’t surprise me if it backed off a bit post split - a common result for stocks that split - but I see no reason to sell here.

I’m a very reluctant seller, so I’ll probably keep holding it. Can’t argue with that strategy so far with AAPL!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #576 on: August 24, 2020, 02:13:55 PM »
I am glad AAPL is all over my portfolio (and even more concentrated in my kids'), but it looks like the dash over $500 prompted some people to take profits.

I am not suggesting selling it necessarily, particularly if you don't have it in a tax advantaged account, but IMO it is awfully pricy here.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #577 on: August 24, 2020, 04:12:22 PM »
I am glad AAPL is all over my portfolio (and even more concentrated in my kids'), but it looks like the dash over $500 prompted some people to take profits.

I am not suggesting selling it necessarily, particularly if you don't have it in a tax advantaged account, but IMO it is awfully pricy here.

Yeah, I have a few like that, stocks that have marched well past what seems reasonable valuation.

Every time I think about selling (or at least trimming) AAPL, MSFT, MA, even boring consumer staples and utilities like MKC and NEE, I can't bring myself to do it. And every time, I've been rewarded.

Obviously, this can't keep going on forever. The crash could be painful.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback