[June 15, 2024, 09:12:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just for fun, Lunardi Bracketology today  (Read 7302 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Just for fun, Lunardi Bracketology today
« on: June 27, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »
Has Marquette a 7 seed in West Region, playing in St. Louis v Texas.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=362&region=2&year=2019

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Just for fun, Lunardi Bracketology today
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »
Not an unfair placement. I personally think we will be a bit higher. I also think Texas will be a lot higher than a 10 seed....though they have under-performed my expectations for them every year under Shaka.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 01:16:42 PM »
Andy Katz has Marquette at 24.   Same neighborhood.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 02:17:33 PM »
And the Big East predicted to earn 6 NCAA tournament bids (out of 10 teams) — as many bids as the ACC (with 15 teams).
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

muguru

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 02:24:09 PM »
And the Big East predicted to earn 6 NCAA tournament bids (out of 10 teams) — as many bids as the ACC (with 15 teams).

I saw a tweet either yesterday or today, that for the first time in league HISTORY, they are returning ZERO 1st or 2nd team all conference players. That's just crazy.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 02:40:27 PM »
Has Marquette a 7 seed in West Region, playing in St. Louis v Texas.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=362&region=2&year=2019

A matchup that will let us finally determine who the real St. Louis basketball is.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 02:45:21 PM »
I saw a tweet either yesterday or today, that for the first time in league HISTORY, they are returning ZERO 1st or 2nd team all conference players. That's just crazy.

13 ACC players drafted, 6 in the top 11 picks. They lost a ton. Big East lost very little - 1 player drafted, 2nd round.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 03:41:48 PM »

I'm working on my summer bracketology for Paint Touches and I came up with 6 ACC teams making it as well. I looked over the data 3 or 4 times and it's not a mistake. ACC will be very down next season. 3 elite teams at the top (Louisville, Duke, UNC) 3 decent teams in the 5 seed-bubble team range (Virginia, NC State, and Florida State) and then a whole lotta nothing. At the moment, I don't even have any more ACC teams in the first/next four out.
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 04:09:15 PM »
I'm working on my summer bracketology for Paint Touches and I came up with 6 ACC teams making it as well. I looked over the data 3 or 4 times and it's not a mistake. ACC will be very down next season. 3 elite teams at the top (Louisville, Duke, UNC) 3 decent teams in the 5 seed-bubble team range (Virginia, NC State, and Florida State) and then a whole lotta nothing. At the moment, I don't even have any more ACC teams in the first/next four out.

Surprised Buzz left a mess at VPI
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »
A matchup that will let us finally determine who the real St. Louis basketball is.

Marquette lost to Tulsa 71-69 in 2002 first round in St. Louis in NCAA’s the last time they played there. Not pleasant.

These games would be at same place in newly renovated ($77 million completed of planned $138 million) Enterprise Center.

SLU? Facilities haven’t been their problem for a while either. Very nice on campus arena and practice facilities on campus down the street.

...I too have seen MU mostly around the just in or just out of top 25...from several people and outlets.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:09:39 PM by shoothoops »

Class71

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »
Suggest we see how the season evolves before making predictions.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 07:47:12 PM »
Very bullish on our team this coming season. I think we out perform the pundits . Great team chemistry and more athletic . Prescription for success .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 07:48:06 PM »
Not an unfair placement. I personally think we will be a bit higher. I also think Texas will be a lot higher than a 10 seed....though they have under-performed my expectations for them every year under Shaka.

Yep.

And Shaka has arguably recruited better than Wojo ... meaning he must be one terrible game coach.

Surprised Buzz left a mess at VPI

I'm guessing that the Ners of VaTech Scoop (and a few other Scoopers) will be arguing 1, 3, 5 and 10 years from now that the cupboard actually wasn't bare at all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 08:22:22 PM »
I’d take a guaranteed 7 seed right now if we could. I’m optimistic we’ll be slightly higher, but there are a lot of unknowns right now.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2019, 09:20:41 PM »
Very bullish on our team this coming season. I think we out perform the pundits . Great team chemistry and more athletic . Prescription for success .
Prepping to rag on Wojo, hey?
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »
Prepping to rag on Wojo, hey?

If the team "outperforms the pundits," 9-9-9 will say it was despite Wojo's infamous de-motivation tactics. If the team doesn't, it will be Wojo's fault. Good stuff!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 10:12:52 PM »

I'm guessing that the Ners of VaTech Scoop (and a few other Scoopers) will be arguing 1, 3, 5 and 10 years from now that the cupboard actually wasn't bare at all.

Kind of a cheap shot, Mike - VPI has a long and storied history of bare cupboards. Buzz made the NCAA three consecutive years in basketball's toughest conference and went to the school's first S16 in a long, long time. In the previous 30 years (mostly in much weaker leagues) the Hokies made the tourney a grand total of 2 times. As for a bare cupboard next year, when Buzz left VPI had the only returning first or second team all ACC player was Kerry Blackshear at (you guessed it) VPI. Not Buzz's fault the new coach couldn't get him to stay. Anyway, they'll probably go back to sucking at basketball - it's what they do.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 09:30:08 AM »
Kind of a cheap shot, Mike - VPI has a long and storied history of bare cupboards. Buzz made the NCAA three consecutive years in basketball's toughest conference and went to the school's first S16 in a long, long time. In the previous 30 years (mostly in much weaker leagues) the Hokies made the tourney a grand total of 2 times. As for a bare cupboard next year, when Buzz left VPI had the only returning first or second team all ACC player was Kerry Blackshear at (you guessed it) VPI. Not Buzz's fault the new coach couldn't get him to stay. Anyway, they'll probably go back to sucking at basketball - it's what they do.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:19:01 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 04:00:03 PM »

I do owe you a thank you Chicos...you have gotten me to understand that anything bad that happens with MU under Wojo is clearly Buzz's fault. That gives me some peace, and will continue to give me peace for as long as Wojo is the Coach..if this season is bad, I can take comfort in knowing, it wasn't anything to do with Wojo, but this is simply Buzz's fault because he left the cupboard bare for him a mere 6 years ago. Thus, Wojo will forever get a free pass, because of what evil buzz did to him that first year. Doesn't matter if it's year 1, year 5 or year 8 of Wojo's tenure.

You say all the buzz supporters try to forget Buzz's last year...we haven't forgotten, but you ALWAYS bring it up in defense of Wojo. Always. Three certainties in life...death, taxes, and you blaming buzz for eternity for MU's basketball problems from the time he left. Get over it, that was 6 f'n years ago. you your self have said "5 years to judge". I guess, unless buzz leaves him a bare cupboard, then he gets a free pass, no matter how far into his tenure he is.

Again, thank you sincerely.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 04:08:17 PM »
You forgot the part about the canonization of Crean.   And cheeks propensity for martyrdom.   Solid otherwise.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »
Buzz's last year has nothing to do with Wojo years 3 and beyond. But there's nothing wrong with Wojo years 3 and beyond so no blame is needed
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 06:53:08 PM »
Buzz's last year has nothing to do with Wojo years 3 and beyond. But there's nothing wrong with Wojo years 3 and beyond so no blame is needed

No, you don't understand...according to Chicos...Buzz is the reason Wojo hasn't won a tourney game yet...that's on Buzz. The Hauser's transferring...that's on Buzz. No matter what happens with the MU program under Wojo...it's Buzz's fault. That's the line he has established. You know and I know Wojo's tenure now has nothing to do with Buzz, but apparently Chicos doesn't. Well, he does, he just doesn't care..It's on buzz.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 06:57:53 PM »
No, you don't understand...according to Chicos...Buzz is the reason Wojo hasn't won a tourney game yet...that's on Buzz. The Hauser's transferring...that's on Buzz. No matter what happens with the MU program under Wojo...it's Buzz's fault. That's the line he has established. You know and I know Wojo's tenure now has nothing to do with Buzz, but apparently Chicos doesn't. Well, he does, he just doesn't care..It's on buzz.
Are you really this obtuse? 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:36 PM »

That's why I agreed with you that nothing that is happening now is Buzz' fault
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2019, 12:09:05 AM »

As a guy who rarely agrees with chicos, and who agrees with you more than either of us will admit ... this is silliness x1000.

feedback