[Today at 02:58:27 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bitcoin up 320% since December  (Read 2465 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Bitcoin up 320% since December
« on: June 26, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »
Quite the rebound.  Still not where it was at its peak, but some see it happening.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Bitcoin up 320% since December
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 04:57:02 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 05:19:56 PM »
Extreme price volatility is not a good thing for currency. (Or any investment, but especially currency).

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 06:11:19 PM »
Extreme price volatility is not a good thing for currency. (Or any investment, but especially currency).

Extreme volatility is great for trading - but not, as you point out, for investing.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 06:17:27 PM »
Extreme volatility is great for trading - but not, as you point out, for investing.

I didn't really express my point all that well, regardless.
This is one of the reasons Bitcoin may (will) never be particularly useful or taken seriously as a currency.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 11:52:27 PM »
I didn't really express my point all that well, regardless.
This is one of the reasons Bitcoin may (will) never be particularly useful or taken seriously as a currency.

But Venezuelans!?!?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
Just an FYI to anyone in the market for a fake investment... Beyond Meat appears to be the new gold-standard.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 08:52:58 PM »
Just an FYI to anyone in the market for a fake investment... Beyond Meat appears to be the new gold-standard.

I know you hate money.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
Mnuchin presser coming up momentarily.   Any guesses?

Edit: Mnu-nu just put the "national security interest" tag on cryptos... all cryptos to be governed by FINSA and subjected to subject to compliance examinations.  Serious concerns about use of Libra to fund criminal and terrorist activity.
"Treasury takes very seriously the role of the USD as the world's reserve currency..."

Ether & Litcoin down.  BTC giving back gains but still flat.  FB turned green after being red all day.

My primary concern with cryptos from the beginning has been just how much of the price is being propped up by the criminal element.  Given the initial comments above, I guess we're about to find out.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:18:01 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 07:39:47 PM »
Mnuchin presser coming up momentarily.   Any guesses?

Edit: Mnu-nu just put the "national security interest" tag on cryptos... all cryptos to be governed by FINSA and subjected to subject to compliance examinations.  Serious concerns about use of Libra to fund criminal and terrorist activity.
"Treasury takes very seriously the role of the USD as the world's reserve currency..."

Ether & Litcoin down.  BTC giving back gains but still flat.  FB turned green after being red all day.

My primary concern with cryptos from the beginning has been just how much of the price is being propped up by the criminal element.  Given the initial comments above, I guess we're about to find out.

His comments have had zero impact on the market.  Currently, the only thing moving the market up or down are large volume traders manipulating the market.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 10:24:40 PM »
His comments have had zero impact on the market.  Currently, the only thing moving the market up or down are large volume traders manipulating the market.

And you find nothing wrong with that?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 04:57:04 AM »
And you find nothing wrong with that?

It is by definition an unregulated market.  So no, I have no problem with it.  People who don't know that when they buy in, shouldn't be playing with their money like this anyway.

There is value in Bitcoin, but it needs to grow organically and slowly.  Whales holding big bags right now have just as much of a stabilizing force as a destabilizing force.