'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Herro  (Read 23533 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Herro
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2019, 07:03:27 PM »
This was after we knew Joey was coming. Per Big Daddy and it ended up being prophetical:

Surprised we did not hear from Big Daddy over the last couple of days regarding Grimes. Was hoping for insight on what happened and what's the deal with Herro.Guess I will wait to read about in the paper.

Goose I lost a sibling last week unexpectedly.  Mu is important, but family first.  She had a great life and her husband is a fellow warrior. 

Grimes story will have to wait.

Some other items are easier.  Sometimes a hypothetical player say player T makes it clear they want to play with players S&J, but that does not mean Players J&S want the same thing   Sometimes a player will even switch teams to get away from a player.  Coaches know that chemistry is critical.

Big Daddy had some good info
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:05:00 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2019, 08:36:44 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2019, 10:34:50 AM »
Herro actually had a lot more interest in MU then people on here think. He saw Ellenson go one and done so he knew he could launch to NBA from MU. WOJO gave way more attention to the Hauser Boys. We knew they were Jokers. Should have made Herro #1 priority. MU may have won the National title last year. Herro's leadership and skills would have reigned in Howard's game. Everyone can down play it on here, but I know the truth and it hurts.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 12:04:07 PM »
Herro actually had a lot more interest in MU then people on here think. He saw Ellenson go one and done so he knew he could launch to NBA from MU. WOJO gave way more attention to the Hauser Boys. We knew they were Jokers. Should have made Herro #1 priority. MU may have won the National title last year. Herro's leadership and skills would have reigned in Howard's game. Everyone can down play it on here, but I know the truth and it hurts.

This isn’t accurate.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2019, 12:14:07 PM »
Very accurate bro.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2019, 12:32:01 PM »
Very accurate bro.

Not at all “bro.” 🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2019, 12:35:07 PM »
Cheesy did Herro want to play with Hausers? Did he try to recruit Joey to U W while he (Herro) was committed there? Just curious. Obviously the cows are out of the barn.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TommyMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2019, 12:51:44 PM »
Actually he did want to play with Hausers.  But now he is playing for Heat so it won't be happening.  Took a few years but finally Cheesy and I have been proven correct after all the ridicule from this post.  I see this kid Futures game next year and likely All Star game in 3-4 years. 

Shooting is at premium in BB.  See MU's last game for further proof.  If MU would have figured that out and not doubled Morant all game they may have gone a bit farther in tourney and maybe Hausers coexist with Howard after a good tourney run.  Just a horrific game plan to double and triple a more than willing passer. 

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2019, 12:58:23 PM »
Cheesy did Herro want to play with Hausers? Did he try to recruit Joey to U W while he (Herro) was committed there? Just curious. Obviously the cows are out of the barn.

Yes there was public Twitter posts by TY encouraging Joey to come to Wisconsin.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2019, 01:02:14 PM »
Kid can flat out ball. Went from potentially undrafted as a freshman to the lottery. Worked his ass off to get der.  Woulda looked outstanding in an MU uni, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2019, 01:41:54 PM »
Can we move this to the superbar already?

This thread is really something.

Oh! A lottery pick would have been a good get for MU?? No crap.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »
Can we move this to the superbar already?

This thread is really something.

Oh! A lottery pick would have been a good get for MU?? No crap.

It’s peak scoop.  A troll talking to itself, Herm asking the troll questions and other assorted nonsense
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2019, 01:44:42 PM »

If MU would have figured that out and not doubled Morant all game they may have gone a bit farther in tourney and maybe Hausers coexist with Howard after a good tourney run.  Just a horrific game plan to double and triple a more than willing passer.

Agree 100%. Morant is a good shooter and an elite, out of this world passer. We made it harder for him to shoot and easier for him to pass. Totally ass backwards - and we paid the price.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »
It’s peak scoop.  A troll talking to itself, Herm asking the troll questions and other assorted nonsense
This is an internet basketball message board. Not the New England Journal of Medicine.
                       ---Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2019, 02:04:17 PM »
This is an internet basketball message board. Not the New England Journal of Medicine.

It is a Marquette specific message board.  Marquette also had offers out to Jordan Poole and Bruno Fernando, both of whom got drafted as well as Herro.  Why do you not obsess over them as well?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2019, 02:06:44 PM »
It is a Marquette specific message board.  Marquette also had offers out to Jordan Poole and Bruno Fernando, both of whom got drafted as well as Herro.  Why do you not obsess over them as well?
Because the title of this thread is Herro.

Delighted that a Milwaukee kid like Poole was drafted. We should not have thrown Deonte under the bus. Our standing in Milwaukee basketball circles would be much higher.
                       ---Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »

So you think that it's your duty to post on every single thread?  You added quite a bit of good information to this one about someone who will actually attend Marquette and help the basketball team.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58793.0

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2019, 02:13:51 PM »

Delighted that a Milwaukee kid like Poole was drafted. We should not have thrown Deonte under the bus. Our standing in Milwaukee basketball circles would be much higher.

We threw Deonte under the bus.....that’s not what Deonte says.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2019, 02:24:19 PM »

Marquette didn’t throw Deonte under the bus.  Maybe Herm heard that when he was on campus with Quentin Grimes during his visit
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2019, 02:36:32 PM »
Deonte is a first class kid. Of course he is not going to say that.

Please reference all Ners posting on this topic. Thanks.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2019, 02:37:38 PM »
We should not have thrown Deonte under the bus. Our standing in Milwaukee basketball circles would be much higher.

If only Deonte's mom hadn't died, maybe that would've been good for Marquette, right?

FFS stop this stupidity.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »
If only Deonte's mom hadn't died, maybe that would've been good for Marquette, right?

FFS stop this stupidity.
Had zero to do with it.

Rookie coach mistake.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2019, 02:58:50 PM »
Deonte is a first class kid. Of course he is not going to say that.

Please reference all Ners posting on this topic. Thanks.

So Deonte used his mom as a prop in going to Iowa State?  Sorry, I don’t buy it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2019, 03:02:20 PM »
Had zero to do with it.

Rookie coach mistake.

Zero, come on Herman.

He has been interviewed many times about this and the story is the same each time.  He went to MU because his mom was sick.  When she passed, he needed to get out and that has consistently been his statement each season when asked.  I’m sure there could be a myriad of other reasons, but let’s not enter the twilight zone here.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2019, 03:22:28 PM »

Fookin' solid, Bro.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback