[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule  (Read 18974 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule
« on: June 11, 2019, 10:21:17 AM »
Sunday, November 17 v. Wisconsin at Kohl

Yuck.  I guess they couldn't make a Saturday in December work out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: 2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:06 AM »
Yep, the #mubb twitter account says the move was to accommodate the non-conference schedules of both teams. Hopefully this means we're getting another big name opponent in December.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:45:43 AM »
Sunday, November 17 v. Wisconsin at Kohl

Yuck.  I guess they couldn't make a Saturday in December work out.

I'm shocked, yet no big deal in the big picture.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 10:46:56 AM »
Both teams have had some departures, but UW ran everything through Happ. I gotta think the earlier game helps MU.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 10:49:21 AM »
Yep, the #mubb twitter account says the move was to accommodate the non-conference schedules of both teams. Hopefully this means we're getting another big name opponent in December.

Didn't Big Ten teams have a couple conference games in November/December last year?  Wonder if that had something to do with it.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 10:56:04 AM »
Didn't Big Ten teams have a couple conference games in November/December last year?  Wonder if that had something to do with it.
Yes, the Big Ten has played conference games the first weekend of December for the past two years. (Since the new TV deal) Since the calendar is different this year (2019) might have to do with it.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 10:58:43 AM »
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »

Good point. It certainly seems like Bucky has more constraints on their schedule
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 11:05:57 AM »
Both teams have had some departures, but UW ran everything through Happ. I gotta think the earlier game helps MU.

UW is one of the hardest teams to project this season IMHO. They lose their clear cut best player but retain virtually everyone else of consequence. None of the new players on their roster look like instant impact guys. I could see a scenario where losing Happ frees up the offense and they are better than last season. I could also see a scenario where without Happ to worry about, opponents clamp down on their shooters and they suck. I think we extend our win streak to three
TAMU

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »
Packer bye week, too.  From a TV perspective, going head-to-head with the NFL.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 11:32:26 AM »
UW is one of the hardest teams to project this season IMHO. They lose their clear cut best player but retain virtually everyone else of consequence. None of the new players on their roster look like instant impact guys. I could see a scenario where losing Happ frees up the offense and they are better than last season. I could also see a scenario where without Happ to worry about, opponents clamp down on their shooters and they suck. I think we extend our win streak to three

I lean toward suckage.

Looking forward to another outstanding game by Floppy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 11:33:59 AM »
Will get very little national attention but if you're in the building it will still be electric.  Always one of the best games of the year.  Brother vs brother, neighbor vs neighbor, co-worker vs co-worker.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 11:35:44 AM »

That and the extra practice during the Europe tour...this definitely favors MU.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 02:51:29 PM »
Will get very little national attention but if you're in the building it will still be electric.  Always one of the best games of the year.  Brother vs brother, neighbor vs neighbor, co-worker vs co-worker.

Yes, but one of the most "friendliest" rivalries there is IMO. Not enough hate and venom. Nothing like Kentucky-Louisville, Duke-UNC, or even Xavier-Cincy. I wish it would be.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »
The game is 2 days before Hamilton opens in Madison.   I'm glad there won't be a conflict with my Hamilton tickets!

IL Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
Yes, but one of the most "friendliest" rivalries there is IMO. Not enough hate and venom. Nothing like Kentucky-Louisville, Duke-UNC, or even Xavier-Cincy. I wish it would be.
Yes, I'd love it if we stooped to that level - ending a game before time expires because of a fight between the teams. ::)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 03:51:17 PM »

It will get national attention even more now because of when the game is played in my opinion. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 04:01:54 PM »
Also we play Purdue on the 13th for the Gavitt games, so we are starting fast next season. Very interesting scheduling from MU.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »
. Losing Iverson is of consequence.  Bucky really does not have any bouncy aggressive strong guys now.  His stats were not big, but he gave UW an element they no longer have.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 04:03:29 PM »
So we still have to schedule at Kansas State for that return.  Hopefully another high major opponent at Fiserv in December.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 04:38:52 PM »
Yes, I'd love it if we stooped to that level - ending a game before time expires because of a fight between the teams. ::)

Didn't say or imply that...it's just it seems to me, too many in this state root for the other one as well Unless they are playing each other. That isn't the way it's supposed to work...at all. You either bleed red, or you bleed gold and blue..there is no in between(or shouldn't be). It seems like too many people married into a "red" family, or a "blue" family, or had kids that attended one of the schools, or a relative or something. As far as the fans go, I think there is way too much "friendly" banter with this game every year. I don't know how anyone does that. I DESPISE UW, hate looking at their fans, hate looking at red badger crap, hope they lose every game they play etc.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 04:52:05 PM »
. Losing Iverson is of consequence.  Bucky really does not have any bouncy aggressive strong guys now.  His stats were not big, but he gave UW an element they no longer have.

I think Iverson was one of the most criminally misused players in college basketball the past few seasons. He didn't fit Buckys system at all. In the right scheme I think he could have been a superstar
TAMU

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 05:10:33 PM »
Packer bye week, too.  From a TV perspective, going head-to-head with the NFL.

More importantly the NFC North champion Bears play the Rams that evening so there is no conflict there either.  :)

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 06:00:27 AM »
The game is 2 days before Hamilton opens in Madison.   I'm glad there won't be a conflict with my Hamilton tickets!

You’re going to all 20 shows?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 07:29:21 AM »
You’re going to all 20 shows?

No.  I was just nervous when I saw November 17 because I knew Hamilton was around the same time.   But my tickets are for the following Sunday, so I can go to both.