[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wave for the title!  (Read 1878 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Wave for the title!
« on: April 29, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »
Milwaukee Wave will host Major Arena Soccer League Ron Newman Cup Championship Game Sunday, May 5th at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Kick-off at 5:05pm against Monterrey Flash. Tickets start at $5 and go on sale Monday at 10am! LET’S GO WAVE!!

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/milwaukee-wave-vs-monterrey-flash/event/0700569C44D06ABB#efeat6916
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Wave for the title!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 03:22:10 PM »
The Wave are still around?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »
The Wave are still around?

Oldest indoor team in the country baby!

Crazy how its fallen off though.  When I was in a kid in the mid to late 90s, the Wave were a big deal.  Went to a lot of games, went to Wave camp every summer.  Players weren't making what you did in the MLS, but they were making the equivalent of low 6 figures in todays money.  I remember hearing that Tozer, with salary and all his affiliated work with the Wave and their corresponding stuff, made close to $1MM for awhile.  But the Wave have been in 5 different leagues in the last 20 years.  Yikes.  Have half the attendance that they used to.

Hell, the old MISL used to have games on TV on Saturdays.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 06:22:21 PM »
That said it seems the MASL is doing well. The Wave is much stronger with the man from the Rock Sports Complex, Zimmerman as the owner. The Wave are at the top of the league in attendance.

I never have been to a soccer game in my life. If all is well with my mother in law, who is having heart surgery, I might go to my first game this Sunday. Tickets start at $5. Why the heck not!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 06:25:04 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:08:47 PM »
Cousins used to live by Victor Nogueira so we’d always go by his house during the big holidays after parades. I had probably 3 sets of his goalie gloves.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »
Cousins used to live by Victor Nogueira so we’d always go by his house during the big holidays after parades. I had probably 3 sets of his goalie gloves.

Nogueira is such a nice guy.  Used to play on teams with his son.  Would have def been an MLS level keeper if the league existed in his prime.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
-Bill Walton

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 01:44:07 PM »
Oldest indoor team in the country baby!

Crazy how its fallen off though.  When I was in a kid in the mid to late 90s, the Wave were a big deal.  Went to a lot of games, went to Wave camp every summer. 

Was thinking about that as well. I remember going to playoff games at the BC that were damn near sold out.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 05:44:01 PM »
Was thinking about that as well. I remember going to playoff games at the BC that were damn near sold out.

Sort of like the old Milwaukee Mustangs Arena Football team that averaged 15k per game at the Bradley Center.
-Bill Walton

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 07:10:53 PM »
Nogueira is such a nice guy.  Used to play on teams with his son.  Would have def been an MLS level keeper if the league existed in his prime.

victor played a huge role in both of my sons development as pretty decent keepers on very competitive high school soccer teams.  they used the regulation soccer net in my backyard as much as my goal-rilla b-ball hoop in front.   keith tozar, victor, wave camps, season tickets, et.al.  was a blast.  they made us feel like VIP's. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 01:18:45 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

feedback