[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Player comments  (Read 18623 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Player comments
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 11:59:47 PM »
I worded it the way I worded it for a reason.
I can't definitively say no one on the team likes Markus.  Again, you're welcome to DM me.

I'd rather keep the conversation here but if you insist I'll reach out privately.

That's really unfortunate if true. I've enjoyed having a star athlete who I thought embodied Marquette's values of Service, Faith as well as being a man for others. It would be a shame if it was all a shameless attention grab.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 12:44:30 AM »
I'd rather keep the conversation here but if you insist I'll reach out privately.

That's really unfortunate if true. I've enjoyed having a star athlete who I thought embodied Marquette's values of Service, Faith as well as being a man for others. It would be a shame if it was all a shameless attention grab.

Are the two mutually exclusive?

Also, I think it's great when our student athletes embody MU's values off the court; but at the end of the day - as long as they're acting in accordance w/ University and NCAA regulations - I just want to win, and preferably win in March.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2019, 01:05:22 AM »

As I tried to explain, Robert Jackson and Marial Shayok are two examples off the top of my head who quit their programs despite having committed 3 years to go play elsewhere. But you were 100% certain that Sam would never leave after 3 years, no matter what.

Wasn’t the story that RJax was kicked off the team, voted off, something like that? It wasn’t a voluntary departure from Miss State.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2019, 01:45:17 AM »
I can't definitively say no one on the team likes Markus.  Again, you're welcome to DM me.

This is precious.  I think I'm going to change my sig to "if you want the real story, DM me".

lol

A lot of people falling to group think here.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 03:01:44 AM »
That dysfunctional locker room lost two games over the course of 90 days this past season.

Ah, I know, winning cures all ills. Patches over all holes. Is the balm that salves a wound. Even still, on the whole, that dysfunctional squad won a $hit ton of their 34 games.

Who gets credit for that?

Hitler and Tojo racked up the wins, too.

Right now, MU MBB is Hiroshima and Berlin '45 combined.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 08:45:30 AM »
Well, what if...the locker room became dysfunctional sometime after all the wins and before the Villanova game, thus leading to their 1-6 slide to end the season?? And what if, some things that happened during that 1-6 slide were things that weren't addressed, like some were lead to believe would be, and that lead to the Hauser's transfers?? Just hypothesizing here.

Then who's fault is that??

You think the "slide" caused disruption?

The Hausers voiced their concern in February. To jog your memory, Marquette was in the midst of winning 13 of 14 games before the Nova loss when the concern was raised.

Since you like to hypothesize, what would you think of players who are closing in on winning a Big East title diverting their attention to individual success rather than wrapping up a team accomplishment?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 08:50:59 AM »
Wait teammates didn't like Markus' IG post announcing he was back that included pictures of 5 basketball players...all of whom were Markus?

I for one am shocked.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 08:55:40 AM »
Wait teammates didn't like Markus' IG post announcing he was back that included pictures of 5 basketball players...all of whom were Markus?

I for one am shocked.

This is just getting weird.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 09:02:17 AM »
You think the "slide" caused disruption?

The Hausers voiced their concern in February. To jog your memory, Marquette was in the midst of winning 13 of 14 games before the Nova loss when the concern was raised.

Since you like to hypothesize, what would you think of players who are closing in on winning a Big East title diverting their attention to individual success rather than wrapping up a team accomplishment?
The big issue is that Wojo's offense has centered around 1 player dominating the ball; Carlino (necessary), Ellenson (necessary), Rowsey & Howard.  The issue isn't the points the issue is shot selection and a general lack of regard for the other 4.  Sure the Hauser's have egos most high level athletes do, but the rumblings have been there BEFORE Joe arrived.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:49 AM »
This is precious.  I think I'm going to change my sig to "if you want the real story, DM me".

lol

A lot of people falling to group think here.

If you want the real story, you're welcome to DM me.

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »
Can someone please DM onepostjohnson and then post the real story for all of us to read?
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 09:20:52 AM »
I was disgusted by Howard’s announcement via Twitter. That was a fxxkin joke.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:44 AM »

That's he's coming back?  Why?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »

That's he's coming back?  Why?

bc even LeBron's social media team would have said...let's use a team huddle for the picture.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 09:26:50 AM »
bc even LeBron's social media team would have said...let's use a team huddle for the picture.

Maybe some slapping of fives?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 09:32:09 AM »
Sure the Hauser's have egos most high level athletes do, but the rumblings have been there BEFORE Joe arrived.

If the rumblings were there and the Hausers sent Joey to Marquette anyway, I might have to take back blaming Wojo for most of this.

If Wojo is ultimately responsible for everything that happens with MU hoops (and he is), who is ultimately responsible for everything that happens to the Hauser children?

If there are rumblings that Wojo can't handle the players' egos, and Sam already has been there to witness it, why on earth wouldn't you have Sam transfer immediately and send your other son elsewhere?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:45 AM »
Can someone please DM onepostjohnson and then post the real story for all of us to read?

Amen.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 09:38:25 AM »

Lol why?  Because he used pictures of himself? 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 10:02:15 AM »
Hitler and Tojo racked up the wins, too.

Right now, MU MBB is Hiroshima and Berlin '45 combined.

Overkill.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 10:04:07 AM »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
Lol why?  Because he used pictures of himself?

Should've photshopped in the Hauser brothers.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »

I for one am shocked.

Well, since the whole team was/is set to transfer...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »

I would love to know where that came from.  My immediate reaction was that it absolutely looked like something produced by someone in the MUBB media office -- not Markus.  Totally speculating here, but I'd guess that he told them he was coming back, and they said they'd prepare something for him to announce the decision.  I'm totally giving Markus the benefit of the doubt on this one.  Which, of course, leads us right back to the primary issue we've been discussing the last few days.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 12:47:32 PM »
The amount of shots that posters here are taking at a 20 year old kid who is a great representative of the university is disgusting.

Even if that's not reality and it's just perception. Even if his style of play is maddening at times. Even if every negative thing said here about him is true. It's still disgusting.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
The amount of shots that posters here are taking at a 20 year old kid who is a great representative of the university is disgusting.

Even if that's not reality and it's just perception. Even if his style of play is maddening at times. Even if every negative thing said here about him is true. It's still disgusting.

Agreed and I feel the same way about the Hausers.  Ultimately, the coach put them together. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.