Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wishing the Hauser’s well  (Read 11500 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Wishing the Hauser’s well
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:01 PM »
That will promptly be forgotten about in one recruiting cycle. Sports move fast. Everyone forgot about Tiger Woods’ past decade.

This.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 03:56:53 PM »
That will promptly be forgotten about in one recruiting cycle. Sports move fast. Everyone forgot about Tiger Woods’ past decade.

I agree except .. Wojo's days are numbered.  MU is going to be back in a rebuilding phase very soon.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:20 PM »
The problem is .. the Hausers leaving isn't just a common transfer type issue.

Are you sure?  I mean, seems (from reports) like one of the two is unhappy, and the other is following along.  Have you heard otherwise.  Seems like the reason most transfers happen, just so happens that we've got brothers that want to play together.

Their decision today is an inflection point for the Marquette program.

Again, is there more to the story you know?  Sure, MU hoops since Feb 26 has been crappy.  But a lot of story to tell on how it works out from here.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:50 PM »
Could the administration offer to fire wojo and bring back the hausers is the question?

id take that move in a heart beat

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 03:59:52 PM »
Could the administration offer to fire wojo and bring back the hausers is the question?

If the administration wants to fire Wojo, that's fine.  You don't offer it to the players. That's embarassing. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 04:01:57 PM »

+1

Lots of doom and gloom today. Wojo will stay and he'll find a way to win, like he has every year so far.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 04:02:51 PM »

Can the brothers name the Coach.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 04:03:39 PM »
Keefe nailed this one.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »
Keefe nailed this one.

I throw plenty of shade at Keefe for his sausage fest antics, and he certainly did hint at Hauser friction, but he hardly "nailed' this - at least not publicly stating they boys were leaving.  He *hinted* the parents were unhappy...

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58523.msg1119883#msg1119883

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:28 PM »
I thank the Hausers for everything they have done for Marquette the past three years.

I do not wish them well. I also don't wish them bad. Honestly, I don't care what they do from here on out.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
Are you sure?  I mean, seems (from reports) like one of the two is unhappy, and the other is following along.  Have you heard otherwise.  Seems like the reason most transfers happen, just so happens that we've got brothers that want to play together.

I have no inside information, so actually I am not sure (although I know your question wasn't directed to me).  But, it does seem that this isn't just an ordinary, run of the mill transfer situation.  Yes, unhappy players transfer.  But I do think it's not common to see two presumed starters transfer from a program expected to have an outstanding season the following year.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »
If the administration wants to fire Wojo, that's fine.  You don't offer it to the players. That's embarassing.

Agreed.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

i71_dawg

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »
Saddest thing is that the Hausers aren’t going to be Marquette guys any more...they won’t be fondly remembered with some of the greats of this program and our alma mater...we remember fondly & honor years later the memories of great players like all of Al’s incredible guys, Doc Rivers, Tony Smith, Jim Mac, Aaron Hutchins, Wade, Diener, Novak, the Triplets, Lazar, Crowder, Butler, etc.

Even guys that left like Jim Chones didnt leave to go play for another school.  Even Henry Ellenson will always be a Marquette guy.

Sam & Joey aren’t Marquette guys any longer...and that saddens me...

MUBB fan for nearly 30 years

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 04:36:26 PM »
Saddest thing is that the Hausers aren’t going to be Marquette guys any more...they won’t be fondly remembered with some of the greats of this program and our alma mater...we remember fondly & honor years later the memories of great players like all of Al’s incredible guys, Doc Rivers, Tony Smith, Jim Mac, Aaron Hutchins, Wade, Diener, Novak, the Triplets, Lazar, Crowder, Butler, etc.

Even guys that left like Jim Chones didnt leave to go play for another school.  Even Henry Ellenson will always be a Marquette guy.

I agree with this.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2019, 04:44:31 PM »
Keefe nailed it.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »
I thank the Hausers for everything they have done for Marquette the past three years.

I do not wish them well. I also don't wish them bad. Honestly, I don't care what they do from here on out.

I am about here. But also I want to see Marquette have more success this year and next than whatever program they transfer to.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

connie

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »
Too raw.  Holding my tongue both ways.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »
I am about here. But also I want to see Marquette have more success this year and next than whatever program they transfer to.

Pen an open letter in Comic Sans a la Dan Gilbert.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 04:53:45 PM »

B-I-N-G-O!

They were solid additions to the program – especially Sam – but now that they have left the team on the verge of a potential top-five season and Final Four run, they are showing that there really were some “I”s in this team.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
But I do think it's not common to see two presumed starters transfer from a program expected to have an outstanding season the following year.

I agree with that.  But Joey came to Marquette because they wanted to play together.  Both have decided to transfer to continue playing together.  We may never know if that was primarily driven by one of them (ala - traditional transfer situation), or both of them being unhappy.  Reports seem to be that they made the decision together, but it was largely due to one of them selling the other.  Or parents? selling both. 

Hah, I no nothing either :)

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 05:07:18 PM »

Sam and joey the badger guys.. the Michigan st bros...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »
I throw plenty of shade at Keefe for his sausage fest antics, and he certainly did hint at Hauser friction, but he hardly "nailed' this - at least not publicly stating they boys were leaving.  He *hinted* the parents were unhappy...

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58523.msg1119883#msg1119883

Not to mention multiple different people today stating this was not driven by the parents, but by the boys themselves.

I love how Keefe gets all this love (perhaps rightfully, perhaps not), but big daddy gets run off.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 05:30:44 PM »
Big Daddy was not run off.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
Big Daddy was not run off.

Care to expand?

To note, I enjoy anyone's "rumors" and "inside" info. Of course, it can be hard to distinguish between actual info vs trolling vs speculation or hearsay. So I don't think skepticism when someone provides "inside" info is necessarily a negative.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 05:54:47 PM »
Not to mention multiple different people today stating this was not driven by the parents, but by the boys themselves.

I love how Keefe gets all this love (perhaps rightfully, perhaps not), but big daddy gets run off.

Big daddy with his info?   The hot takes like “Gardner’s warm ups are packed with the team, he may play tonight”

Not saying he had bad info, but never understood the love-fest over him/her

feedback