[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: New MU Women’s Coach Megan Duffy  (Read 19549 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: New MU Women’s Coach Megan Duffy
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2019, 01:19:53 PM »
Don’t let Guru know that new coaches often lose chunks of the recruiting class

Oh...you mean like I have stated numerous times, that you CAN keep classes together, or most of it?? Everyone always assumes an automatic rebuild when a new Coach comes in..That is so patently false I don't even know where to begin...Exhibit A...Megan Duffy kept 6 of the 8 recruits that were committed...Hmmm, what say you Chicos?? You can admit I'm right, and that you said "lose chunks" of their recruiting classes?? 2 of 8 is "chunks"??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2019, 10:23:14 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2019/05/22/marquettes-duffy-talks-retaining-six-recruits/3767879002/

6 of 8 ain't bad.

I was very relieved to get confirmation today that 6 of the original 8 recruits are indeed coming to MU.  It was interesting to read also that Duffy is still looking to add to the roster by the end of the summer.

The article says Duffy has 2 open scholarship slots.  But I think there are at least 3 open slots and possibly 4.  Juco transfer Amanda Maquiea was featured in a picture of Women's Basketball players in caps and gowns at a student athlete reception this weekend and she's no longer listed on the roster on MU's site which has been updated to include the incoming frosh.  Lauren VanKleunen also apparently graduated in 3 years but appears to be returning to MU (she has 2 years of eligibility left after redshirting her freshman year).  I wonder about Tori McCoy and if her scholarship counts towards the 15 limit with her medical issues.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2019, 12:13:03 AM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2019/05/22/marquettes-duffy-talks-retaining-six-recruits/3767879002/

6 of 8 ain't bad.

Yes but the best young lady is going to Virginia....it depends on which two choose not come back.

The girl from Milwaukee is not coming. Big loss.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2019, 05:09:10 AM »
Oh...you mean like I have stated numerous times, that you CAN keep classes together, or most of it?? Everyone always assumes an automatic rebuild when a new Coach comes in..That is so patently false I don't even know where to begin...Exhibit A...Megan Duffy kept 6 of the 8 recruits that were committed...Hmmm, what say you Chicos?? You can admit I'm right, and that you said "lose chunks" of their recruiting classes?? 2 of 8 is "chunks"??

That's a quarter of a class. Idk about you but if I had a pie and someone ate a quarter of my pie I'd say I lost a chunk of my pie.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »
Butt, ya neva had da pie ta begin wit. Now, let's say ya lost 2 playas of your 13 member teem. Dat's a ball busta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2019, 12:54:34 PM »
Butt, ya neva had da pie ta begin wit. Now, let's say ya lost 2 playas of your 13 member teem. Dat's a ball busta, hey?

Considering there are over 800 transfers this year, lots of balls are being busted
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2019, 01:15:12 PM »
Are there rankings on any of these six that decided to stick around?  I see that Shemira was #55 on ESPN but no one else ranked.  Any other services have any of our incoming players as top 150 or 200? Just curious of the quality of the group.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2019, 02:02:51 PM »
That's a quarter of a class. Idk about you but if I had a pie and someone ate a quarter of my pie I'd say I lost a chunk of my pie.

that's one way to look at it. The other is you saved 3/4 of the pie.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »

Most important player gone....not only the most important player, the ONLY player that was ranked highly.  Same thing happened to MU when Buzz came on board, the key players were gone and we also lost an existing player.  Sure, anything is possible.  Classes can stay together, or they leave.  Whenever you have a coaching change, you are opening yourself up to those changes further from a domino effect.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2019, 05:35:47 PM »
Most important player gone....not only the most important player, the ONLY player that was ranked highly.  Same thing happened to MU when Buzz came on board, the key players were gone and we also lost an existing player.  Sure, anything is possible.  Classes can stay together, or they leave.  Whenever you have a coaching change, you are opening yourself up to those changes further from a domino effect.

If any of them stick longer than 2 years and are significant contributors, that's a win. My expectation with any new coach is that they'll likely tear it down and start from scratch. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire roster turned over by Fall 2021.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2019, 06:47:42 PM »
If any of them stick longer than 2 years and are significant contributors, that's a win. My expectation with any new coach is that they'll likely tear it down and start from scratch. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire roster turned over by Fall 2021.

Jordan King is pretty legit. Think her dad went to Marquette or someone in her family so she’ll be there for the long haul.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
Talk about not keeping the hometown kids locked up, Shemera Williams went to high school on 20th between Kilbourn and State.

Tough to lose a player that led the country in scoring.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
The days of locking up talent in state has been over for a long time.  Kids want to get out and explore, try new things, and a quick cheap flight home is easy.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2019, 12:12:24 PM »
Talk about not keeping the hometown kids locked up, Shemera Williams went to high school on 20th between Kilbourn and State.

Tough to lose a player that led the country in scoring.

Had they kept Kieger locked up, they would've kept Williams locked up. When you lose your coach, it's hard to keep the prize of the recruiting class. The men's team didn't do it when Tyshawn Taylor left after Crean's departure nor when Ahmed Hill followed Buzz to Va Tech. Honestly I'm surprised Duffy kept as much of Kieger's class as she did.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.