Incoming freshmen by MUbiz
[Today at 10:57:29 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tech Emasculates Meatchicken  (Read 5392 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Tech Emasculates Meatchicken
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »
Here in person for this one.  Will Meatchicken get to 40 points, that’s the bet going on with fans around me right now.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muhoops1

• All American
Re: Tech Emasculates Meatchicken
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:02:57 PM »
The end of regulation between UT and Purdue was jacked.  I got guys coming to break my legs and those motherunnatural carnal knowledgeers in stripes got their checks.  That is some bullcrap.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
Apparently Texas Tech did not see the agreement to play with the big 10-12-14 peach baskets. 

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 11:08:17 PM »
This second slate of games has not been fun. Not a big fan of the race to 50 mentality of Michigan and Virginia. These teams look like they're trying to kill clock the whole game.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 11:13:40 PM »
Crash's two teams have laid absolute eggs in their exit games. Mike Deane approves. Brutal to watch.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 11:19:59 PM »
While I mourn the fall of my Wolverines I take tremendous satisfaction in a great season that saw U of M notch 30 wins on their way to the Sweet Sixteen.

And they fell to a very good Tech squad that has a genuine shot at playing on The Last Night if not winning it all.

Absolutely no shame for Michigan. They can go back to Ann Arbor with heads held high and look back on a season in which they were prepared and competitive.

I mean, it's not like they were humiliated by a mid major of very slender accomplishment, is it?

Hail!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 12:31:52 AM »
While I mourn the fall of my Wolverines I take tremendous satisfaction in a great season that saw U of M notch 30 wins on their way to the Sweet Sixteen.

And they fell to a very good Tech squad that has a genuine shot at playing on The Last Night if not winning it all.

Absolutely no shame for Michigan. They can go back to Ann Arbor with heads held high and look back on a season in which they were prepared and competitive.

I mean, it's not like they were humiliated by a mid major of very slender accomplishment, is it?

Hail!

Ed Martin is turning in his grave.  That was a real tough one to watch.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 12:45:21 AM »
Ed Martin is turning in his grave.  That was a real tough one to watch.

Yea, Blue got its ass kicked today.

But hell, it was a Sweet Sixteen game.

In the years we got hammered in the Sweet Sixteen by Florida or UNC as well as the Elite 8 loss to Cuse I was pissed as the horn sounded but by the time I left the bar I was feeling great about the season.

Getting to the second weekend is a great season for anyone, even the blue bloods.

But getting hammered on the first Thursday by a mid major? That is genuinely f#cked up. Wojo is in over his head.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 04:24:41 AM »
It looked like Harbaugh coaching against any good team. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 08:11:01 AM »

Hail!

So when Michigan gets its ass kicked, there's no shame because it was in the Sweet 16 and they lost to a 3 seed.

But when TC got his ass kicked, it was a deep humiliation because it was in the Final 4 and they lost to a 1 seed
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 08:32:56 AM »

Hail!

Kind of strange, however, that when a different MU team was humiliated by a finalist in the Final Four it was all shame.......despite being the lesser seed.   
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 08:34:11 AM »
Apparently Texas Tech did not see the agreement to play with the big 10-12-14 peach baskets.

Only worse performances I personally remember were a few Badger ones under Bennet and Buzz’s squad that scored 39 against Syracuse

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 08:57:51 AM »
So when Michigan gets its ass kicked, there's no shame because it was in the Sweet 16 and they lost to a 3 seed.

But when TC got his ass kicked, it was a deep humiliation because it was in the Final 4 and they lost to a 1 seed

Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »
Only worse performances I personally remember were a few Badger ones under Bennet and Buzz’s squad that scored 39 against Syracuse
Marquette Sparty.  61-49 because Izzo took pity.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:06:21 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 09:09:01 AM »
Despite the best start in program history (17-0), Michigan finishes the season with no B10 title, no B10 tournament title, 3 losses to Michigan State, and a NCAA tourney blowout in which they scored the fewest points in a tourney game since the introduction of the shot clock.  Despite the finish, the good far outweighed the bad, there's no shame in losing to a good team in the tournament, but I can't help but wonder how MU fans would be reacting if we had followed a similar trajectory. 
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 09:48:47 AM »

49 without McNeal. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 09:51:18 AM »
49 without McNeal.
I am aware of context.  Just like I am aware of context of hanging 40 on Western Michigan in the NIT.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:54:55 AM by tower912 »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 10:02:30 AM »
Despite the best start in program history (17-0), Michigan finishes the season with no B10 title, no B10 tournament title, 3 losses to Michigan State, and a NCAA tourney blowout in which they scored the fewest points in a tourney game since the introduction of the shot clock.  Despite the finish, the good far outweighed the bad, there's no shame in losing to a good team in the tournament, but I can't help but wonder how MU fans would be reacting if we had followed a similar trajectory.

Actually, we did follow a "similar" trajectory. Better early, worse late, blown out in our last game. They were just a little better when they were good and a little better when they were not so good. Getting blown out in a S16 game as a #2 seed vs a #3 is an underperformance but nothing compared to the underperformance of a #5 getting blown out by a #12 in round 1.

We were heading for a #2 or #3 when our season unraveled. Had we accomplished that and won 2 games in the tournament (ala Michigan) I would have been disappointed by our final game but ecstatic about the season.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 10:08:57 AM »

How dare you, we set a record that day for field goals made!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 10:21:08 AM »
Actually, we did follow a "similar" trajectory. Better early, worse late, blown out in our last game. They were just a little better when they were good and a little better when they were not so good. Getting blown out in a S16 game as a #2 seed vs a #3 is an underperformance but nothing compared to the underperformance of a #5 getting blown out by a #12 in round 1.

We were heading for a #2 or #3 when our season unraveled. Had we accomplished that and won 2 games in the tournament (ala Michigan) I would have been disappointed by our final game but ecstatic about the season.

People talk about how expectations changed for our season once the season was underway.  Well how do you think expectations would have changed if you were undefeated, with the best start in program history, only one loss from February 6th 2018 to January 13th 2019 (in the National Championship game no less), and ranked second in the country?  I'd be willing to bet they were higher than S16 after losing to your arch rival 3 times (switch either of the first two L's to W's and they win the conference, switch the third and you win the conference tourney), and getting blown out in the tourney with your lowest scoring output in the shot clock era.  If we were ranked in the top 5 at any point in a season and only got a S16, people here would be losing their minds.  It would be unfair, but if Wojo had the same season that Beilein had, people would be saying that he underachieved and that results in March are the only ones that matter.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
It looked like Harbaugh coaching against any good team.

I like Harbaugh. He's a goofy dude but he is sincere, he is honest, he cares, and he will get consistent results in A2.

What happened to the "5 Years to Judge" Rule?

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 01:06:32 PM »

You must not have designed and executed scientific investigations. You forgot a critical dependent variable - that Tome Crean is a f#cking pretty boy.

John Beilein is a gentleman. His teams win, they student athletes go to class, he doesn't have to make midnight runs to the juzgado to bail out miscreants, and he isn't paying parents for the services of their sons.

People genuinely like John Beilein. In fact, more importantly, people respect the man.

Too Tanned Tommy Crean, on the other hand, is a f#cking asswipe. He doesn't win consistently enough to be considered great and he has had significant off court problems.

More to the point, people genuinely despise the man. He is a complete sh1t to others. Bottom line is that decent people have no respect for him as a human being.

When Tanned Tommy humiliated Marquette on the world's greatest hoops stage more than one person at Marquette laughed. Think about how f#cked that is.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 01:20:34 PM »
Crash

Lighting it up today. Love it!!

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 03:05:39 PM »
Crash

Lighting it up today. Love it!!

Here to serve, Mother Goose. Just doing my bit.

Hey, I forgot to tell you that I found Fiserv to be a fabulous venue. Very, very nice accomodations. Marquette should be proud to play there. Really makes us look A-1.

Even the beers were under $10. In Seattle that's a sawbuck. Gotta love Milwaukee.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 03:10:54 PM »
Crash

The Fiserv really is big time. Bought some Buck's seats this season and have enjoyed MU and Bucks games a lot this year. I think the place turned out great and starting to feel at home already when I go there. Very much looking forward to some Buck's playoff action this season. Downtown MKE is getting better by the day and exciting to watch it finally reinvent itself.

feedback