[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo deleted his twitter account  (Read 18143 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Wojo deleted his twitter account
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2019, 10:19:52 PM »
To: M. Lovell, Marquette University, CC

Fm: 17 ASOG, CC

Subj: Wojo, Employment of

Sir:

1. Fire Wojo.

2. Now.

V/R,

Col Barry McCochinher, USAF

And the replacement is....which assistant coach from what program?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2019, 10:42:18 PM »

Sir:

1. Fire Wojo.

2. Now.

V/R,

muguru

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2019, 10:47:38 PM »

Well you see Chicos, people apply..and then they get chosen from that group that do apply. It's called a hiring process..You keep asking people who should replace Wojo...until/unless you know who would apply for the job, NO ONE can answer that. But, if you want some sort of answer...here's mine...ANYONE that wants to return Marquette to it's glory. A Coach that KNOWS he can do that, a Coach that sees a program that has performed well below where a Marquette program should perform, and won't let that happen again. A Coach that will win big given the resources he is given at MU. That's your answer.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2019, 10:48:44 PM »
Well you see Chicos, people apply..and then they get chosen from that group that do apply. It's called a hiring process..You keep asking people who should replace Wojo...until/unless you know who would apply for the job, NO ONE can answer that. But, if you want some sort of answer...here's mine...ANYONE that wants to return Marquette to it's glory. A Coach that KNOWS he can do that, a Coach that sees a program that has performed well below where a Marquette program should perform, and won't let that happen again. A Coach that will win big given the resources he is given at MU. That's your answer.

I see.  Except that's not at all how it works when hiring coaches at this level.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2019, 11:57:42 PM »
Dear Kip,

Alright, then! What's your name, who is your employer, and what is the cell number of your direct supervisor?

Sincerely,

Did I call for our coach to be fired?  No, I did not.  Did I say that people needed to mention their employer or cell phone number?  No, I did not.  All I did say was that if you are going to publically ask for someone to be fired they should have the conviction of character to put their name next to that request.  And you don’t need to put Colonel and USAF on to your name to make your point.  It just makes you look small.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2019, 12:12:19 AM »
Did I call for our coach to be fired?  No, I did not.  Did I say that people needed to mention their employer or cell phone number?  No, I did not.  All I did say was that if you are going to publically ask for someone to be fired they should have the conviction of character to put their name next to that request.  And you don’t need to put Colonel and USAF on to your name to make your point.  It just makes you look small.

That's what she said...

onepost

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2019, 02:18:35 AM »

It’s not even worth replying with a serious answer since he’s not going anywhere, but fine I’ll bite.

Nate Oats
Mike Young
Craig Smith
Luke Yaklich

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2019, 03:04:20 AM »
It’s not even worth replying with a serious answer since he’s not going anywhere, but fine I’ll bite.

Nate Oats
Mike Young
Craig Smith
Luke Yaklich

You're right, it's not worth it. But interesting names. Oats I agree with, I think he's the real deal but he just signed an extension with Buffalo, doesn't mean he won't go elsewhere but maybe not this year. Young I'm leery of. Lots of experience but I'm skeptical of a guy who needs 17 years to look attractive to high major programs. Smith had a helluva debut for Utah State but that's putting a lot of weight on one season. High risk, high reward pick. Yaklich is an interesting name. Supposedly he's the mastermind behind Michigan's defense, and KenPom seems to support that theory. Very inexperienced, he was coaching high school 6 years ago and has never been a head coach. Very high risk potentially very high reward.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2019, 03:55:26 AM »

Your contempt for MU is over the top. Why do you think MU is a third rate university? Money spent? Facilities? Fan support? History,? Lack of players in the NBA?

I can only infer from your posts that if Wojo gets hit by a bus tomorrow that MU will have no other choice than to move to Division III. No coach in his right mind would take the MU job?

Hate to tell you but Marquette is bigger and better than Wojo or any head coach. We hope he does great next year and for more years too come. If not. MU will move on. MU will have great options.

Take your MU hate elsewhere.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 04:00:30 AM by WhiteTrash »

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2019, 04:37:12 AM »
I have a snapchat account because my kids do, that's one of the rules for me paying for their phone. That said, I find it not to be an app that I enjoy very much. So sorry.

"longtime lurker"....love it....keep it up, this is great.

Do what your kids do, great leadership.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2019, 06:37:05 AM »
Willie has been a fan since 1954, or 55, or 57...he's not sure...but I'm guessing Twitter may not be in the skill set.

Here were some of the a-holes in action

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=to%3Asteve_wojo&src=typd
Thanks. Your condescending sarcasm displays great creativity, a real character asset. BTW,we all wish that we could remember every detail of our lives from 60 years ago, just like you can. And I am proud to admit that I do not have Twitter  nor will I
But if you need it to keep you informed of all the good in the world, that is great for you.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2019, 08:09:01 AM »
I’m a visual learner...can you draw a diagram of the valid emotional responses to a blowout loss in the first round of the tournament? I’m not sure it applies to me because of my age but maybe you can include the age limits in the diagram?

Taking a lot of time to argue for your right to be as ass. Clearly that’s your thing. You do you, buddy.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2019, 08:20:25 AM »
I dont want wojo fired or to leave but if he did i wiuld want

TJ Otzrlberger
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2019, 08:21:46 AM »
I dont want wojo fired or to leave but if he did i wiuld want

TJ Otzrlberger

Think he has a chance to be a good coach, definitely works hard on the recruiting trail.  Big test for him next year without Mike Daum. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2019, 08:26:44 AM »

Seems to me the colonel did exactly what you asked and got called  small.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2019, 09:54:03 AM »
Willie has been a fan since 1954, or 55, or 57...he's not sure...but I'm guessing Twitter may not be in the skill set.

Here were some of the a-holes in action

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=to%3Asteve_wojo&src=typd

It’s not a great look but didn’t see any threats to his family. Sadly, that’s not too far outside the norm of Twitter.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2019, 09:58:39 AM »
Your contempt for MU is over the top. Why do you think MU is a third rate university? Money spent? Facilities? Fan support? History,? Lack of players in the NBA?

I can only infer from your posts that if Wojo gets hit by a bus tomorrow that MU will have no other choice than to move to Division III. No coach in his right mind would take the MU job?

Hate to tell you but Marquette is bigger and better than Wojo or any head coach. We hope he does great next year and for more years too come. If not. MU will move on. MU will have great options.

Take your MU hate elsewhere.

Lol.  Nope, and nowhere ever did I say MU is done if Wojo goes.  Nor that it isn’t bigger than any coach. 

If Wojo can’t do it, fine...make a change.  I’m not convinced that is the case yet.  And what is the plan?  Every time we go through this we have the most absurd suggestions from the experts on this board, which of course don’t happen and never will in a million years.  You make a change, you better have a damn good plan.  99.99999% people here don’t, instead they are just upset and venting with no structured reality to their thoughts other than fire him.

I should go through and make a list of the coaches this board has suggested over the years just to show how unhinged most are.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2019, 10:10:38 AM »

Sir:

1. Fire Wojo.

2. Now.

V/R,

Forgot to include your photo:

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
Seems to me the colonel did exactly what you asked and got called  small.

Not sure if everyone picked up on Keefe's joke.  Read the name carefully. 

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2019, 11:42:35 AM »

With you Rocky.  Thus the small reference.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2019, 11:44:28 AM »
With you Rocky.  Thus the small reference.

Well then, I appreciated it!

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »
Ziggy was on it. Great twitter follow referenced too
No Finish Line

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2019, 12:00:11 PM »
Ziggy was on it. Great twitter follow referenced too

No love for Pakuni and I being first and second in?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2019, 12:18:32 PM »
No love for Pakuni and I being first and second in?
Major props Doc
No Finish Line

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2019, 12:34:23 PM »
Wojo also had some interesting Twitter likes the past few weeks. Rumors and just random things that I was surprised by. I assumed he accidentally liked them, but a few popped up. There was a decent amount of ref tweets after Seton Hall that Lovell and other AD staff liked as well.

feedback