[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Great Season  (Read 1267 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Great Season
« on: March 22, 2019, 12:45:02 AM »
An amazing November-February was followed by a torturous March

23-4 until February 27th. Leading at Villanova at the under 4 with a chance to win the conference. 1-6 happened after that.

That’s four months of incredible basketball followed by 3 weeks of horror. Crap happens, grow up please. Honestly if anyone here thinks that they wanted it to end better more than the team or wojo then I’m embarrassed for you.

I’d hate to sound harsh, and I’d hate to sound like it’s all seashells and balloons, but to argue that this team didn’t improve leaps and bounds this year from last is completely asinine.

We were on the precipice of something great and then it fell apart and now everyone is here feasting as if the good didn’t happen.

This team could come in as a top 10-15 ranked squad next yr with a young coach trying to get better and a staff recruiting their tails off and players working their arses off and this is all we get from the beloved fan base.

I’m not sold on wojo, I want wins like everyone else. You know what though? Wojo and staff recruited those guys, those same guys that gave us 4 great months, and he’s got reinforcements coming to boot.

It didn’t end the way anyone wanted, especially wojo and the team, but after a nearly 3-3 start it turned out better than most would have expected. I’d talk Xs and Os but I don’t want to ramble and most wouldn’t even agree w the vast defensive improvements so why would it matter?

This team could be very good next year and the year after that. This team was good for 4 months this year and crapty for one. Don’t be the type of person that comes piling on when things get down, it doesn’t work well in life or in sport.

I hope Markus and everyone else returns next yr, I hope wojo and the team work their butts off again and get better and I’m confident they will. If they don’t, I will still remember this as one of the best seasons of my marquette fandom, because for 4 months it was. I feel sorry for those that have a different memory.

We Are Marquette
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:48:55 AM by DoctorV »

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
Re: Great Season
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 01:06:24 AM »
I feel sorry for those that have a different memory.

Physician heal thyself.

You may be satisfied with being humiliated as were were today but there are many Warriors who found the last month to be hateful. Very hateful, indeed.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
Re: Great Season
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 05:52:44 AM »
An amazing November-February was followed by a torturous March

23-4 until February 27th. Leading at Villanova at the under 4 with a chance to win the conference. 1-6 happened after that.

That’s four months of incredible basketball followed by 3 weeks of horror. Crap happens, grow up please. Honestly if anyone here thinks that they wanted it to end better more than the team or wojo then I’m embarrassed for you.

I’d hate to sound harsh, and I’d hate to sound like it’s all seashells and balloons, but to argue that this team didn’t improve leaps and bounds this year from last is completely asinine.

We were on the precipice of something great and then it fell apart and now everyone is here feasting as if the good didn’t happen.

This team could come in as a top 10-15 ranked squad next yr with a young coach trying to get better and a staff recruiting their tails off and players working their arses off and this is all we get from the beloved fan base.

I’m not sold on wojo, I want wins like everyone else. You know what though? Wojo and staff recruited those guys, those same guys that gave us 4 great months, and he’s got reinforcements coming to boot.

It didn’t end the way anyone wanted, especially wojo and the team, but after a nearly 3-3 start it turned out better than most would have expected. I’d talk Xs and Os but I don’t want to ramble and most wouldn’t even agree w the vast defensive improvements so why would it matter?

This team could be very good next year and the year after that. This team was good for 4 months this year and crapty for one. Don’t be the type of person that comes piling on when things get down, it doesn’t work well in life or in sport.

I hope Markus and everyone else returns next yr, I hope wojo and the team work their butts off again and get better and I’m confident they will. If they don’t, I will still remember this as one of the best seasons of my marquette fandom, because for 4 months it was. I feel sorry for those that have a different memory.

We Are Marquette

Let me guess, doctor of naturopathic medicine?