[Today at 02:52:17 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 12:37:36 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by MUbiz
[Today at 09:44:26 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who Do You Blame for the Loss?

Wojo
Refs
Markus's Wrist
Player(s) - Execution was terrible
Selection Committee - MU was overseeded
Brent Williams - Empty cupboard
Nobody - Ja Morant is a lottery pick

Author Topic: Who Do You Blame for the Murray State Loss?  (Read 16281 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Who Do You Blame for the Murray State Loss?
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »
I’ll also say I’m sad I didn’t go out of my way to watch more of Morant this year. That kid’s game is absolutely incredible and he’s going to be a dynamite PG in the NBA
Me too.
I first watch him in the semis of the OVC.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2019, 06:55:35 PM »
You are right. Maybe we need to start asking a key question
What the hell did Wojo learn in his 15-20 years at Duke, besides how to make awesome power points?

Dumb. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2019, 06:58:07 PM »
Bailey is 6’8 no?

Yeah, but FSU has like 7 Baileys (and a Christ Koumadje).

I agree with this, but it’s been 5 years. Waiting to see if it’s just a matter of time is getting old.

I don't disagree. As a fan, I'm getting antsy for tangible March results. I can live with an early exit, March happens, but it would be easier to stomach with a Big East title or two in the bank.

The thing is, I'm also nervous about starting over. Say Wojo did leave, after 2020 most of our leaders leave, there would be more transfers, recruiting connections would need to be rebuilt. It would be even more waiting.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2019, 07:02:05 PM »
You are right. Maybe we need to start asking a key question
What the hell did Wojo learn in his 15-20 years at Duke, besides how to make awesome power points?

Duke, for the most part, has the athletes that allow them to play their game no matter who the opponent.

There are exceptions to this from time to time but for the most part it's true.  I believe Wojo has demonstrated repeatedly his unwillingness or inability to change the plan of attack (or defense) because of the way Duke was able to play.

This is why he should be forced to hire a Hank/Wainwright in the off-season.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2019, 07:03:24 PM »
100% Ja.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2019, 07:05:02 PM »
Murray State is not impressive. Similarly, Wojo is  not impressive. Put the two together, and you get a made for TV special.

Let's just hope Wojo can learn from this. Personally, I remain skeptical. But I'm hopeful, nonetheless.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2019, 07:08:17 PM »
Dumb.

Blind allegiance is dumb. Open your eyes. Make Wojo earn your respect. Hes so mediocre it hurts. Your fanboy status reeks of spilled kool-aid.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2019, 07:08:42 PM »
Murray State is not impressive. Similarly, Wojo is  not impressive. Put the two together, and you get a made for TV special.

Let's just hope Wojo can learn from this. Personally, I remain skeptical. But I'm hopeful, nonetheless.

I 2nd this on every level.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2019, 07:10:09 PM »
Debbie the analyst:  “Give Ja his points and stay home with the others”. FSU plan to perfection, they had the players to pull it off. 

Two blowouts tonight and Gonzaga looking like another. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2019, 07:11:36 PM »
Blind allegiance is dumb. Open your eyes. Make Wojo earn your respect. Hes so mediocre it hurts. Your fanboy status reeks of spilled kool-aid.

I'm not blindly loyal to anyone.  Wojo has improved since he got here. Doesn't mean he is the end all be all....who we going to get?  I see a group of you bitch every God Damn day, but no solutions.  Who are we replacing him with?  You know we only get assistants, what assistant are we hiring?  Please, instead of your incessant bitching....name who we are going to get that is going to knock it out of the park.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2019, 07:16:57 PM »
I'm not blindly loyal to anyone.  Wojo has improved since he got here. Doesn't mean he is the end all be all....who we going to get?  I see a group of you bitch every God Damn day, but no solutions.  Who are we replacing him with?  You know we only get assistants, what assistant are we hiring?  Please, instead of your incessant bitching....name who we are going to get that is going to knock it out of the park.

Uh uh Tom Izzo.

Your game is tired. Obviously the BOT can end its relationship with Wojo but it cant just pluck who it wants to replace him, so what is the point of playing your game.

My answer is Tom Izzo.

Cheeks: “AHHH THATS RIDICULOUS YOU CANT GET TOM IZZO.”

You are asking this question so you can just get the upper hand and crap on the identified candidate, even though none of us have any idea who is available.

I would honestly rather hire you so we could move on and give up on this Wojo charade.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
idiotic statement. Its not scoop posters job to hire a competent coach. So by your logic we should hang on to a mediocre coach because some fan on scoop can't find a better replacement. what a ridiculous argument even for you. not saying we should get rid of wojo yet but not getting rid of a coach because a fan can't find someone better. yikes.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
idiotic statement. Its not scoop posters job to hire a competent coach. So by your logic we should hang on to a mediocre coach because some fan on scoop can't find a better replacement. what a ridiculous argument even for you. not saying we should get rid of wojo yet but not getting rid of a coach because a fan can't find someone better. yikes.

Truer words have never been spoken

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
Is Jesus not a choice?  I blame God and Jesus.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »

He’s coaching liberty at the moment. 

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2019, 07:28:44 PM »

It doesn't matter who gets recommended. You'll refuse to accept all of them. That's your thing.

At the end of the day, I could coach the team to a 20 point loss to a mid major. For some reason, you seem to think Wojos performance matters less than his image. As a fan, I just dont buy that.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »
jesus = crapshoot. need 5 years years to judge.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »
Dumb.
You are right. Wojo learned nothing=dumb
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »
At the end of the day, I could coach the team to a 20 point loss to a mid major.

You see, this statement makes the rest of yours seem less than "well reasoned".  For future reference.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »

Jesus Shuttlesworth would actually be a better coach

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »
You see, this statement makes the rest of yours seem less than "well reasoned".  For future reference.

Sure, it's a bit exaggerated. But the point is that Wojos coaching didnt gain us very much against MSU. And that is very well exemplified by seeing the drubbing they took today against a veteran coach.

Do you think the team would have lost by significantly more if they had a skianth gameplan vs the Wojo gameplan?

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2019, 08:33:51 PM »
Wojo. Easy answer.  No good adjustments second half.  Continuous doubling of Morant was bad enough but doubling other guys on MSU was a very poor decision.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2019, 08:37:29 PM »
I miss Buzz. The Murray state game in ‘12 was a war. We had the toughness to get by them. This team and culture is pathetic.
This game reminded me of Marquette vs. UNC. Buzz's game plan in that game was wrong. The only chance we had to beat UNC was to hit three pointers. Buzz was afraid of UNC's fast break off of misses, so he did not allow the team to take any outside shots. He kept having the team feed the ball to O'tule, who I believe ended up with zero points. Maybe we do not win either of these games, but in both cases the coach's game plan took away our chance to win the game.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2019, 10:22:50 AM »
Yeah, but FSU has like 7 Baileys (and a Christ Koumadje).

I don't disagree. As a fan, I'm getting antsy for tangible March results. I can live with an early exit, March happens, but it would be easier to stomach with a Big East title or two in the bank.

The thing is, I'm also nervous about starting over. Say Wojo did leave, after 2020 most of our leaders leave, there would be more transfers, recruiting connections would need to be rebuilt. It would be even more waiting.
So FSU has 7 guys that cannot shoot? Or 7 guys that play average defense.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2019, 10:34:34 AM »
Players,didn’t come to play!  Period!  They looked uninspired

If wojo is making any changes in game plans during the game, I don’t see it. I don’t see us adapting to changes made by other teams on us.  I think one of the big reasons for our late. Season collapse was that other teams saw what we were doing well to beat other teams and went after it. 

A pitcher comes into a game mowing down batters.  Good hitters figure out what he’s doing and make him pay 2nd and,3rd time thru

Wojo, at least from what I saw and obviously with the results, made little to no changes OR if he did, they weren’t adequate
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback