[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Decourcey picks Murray State  (Read 6682 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Decourcey picks Murray State
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 02:07:19 PM »
Dakich may be the kiss of death.
The Patriots played the "nobody respects us card" all the way to another Lombardi trophy. Saban loves the nobody respects us card. Much more than rat poison.

Actually, Dakich is one of my favorite analysts along with Bilas. Maybe you don’t like him because he learned his jerkiness lessons well from Knight. He’s probably the analyst I would least like to spend time with.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2019, 02:38:02 PM »
Actually, Dakich is one of my favorite analysts along with Bilas. Maybe you don’t like him because he learned his jerkiness lessons well from Knight. He’s probably the analyst I would least like to spend time with.

Nah. He's just wrong very often.
Like when he said Jeff Brohm had accepted the Louisville job (he hadn't).
Or he had Steve Alford replacing Tom Crean (he didn't).
Or when he said Mikes Bridges "has no game." (he does).
Or when PJ Fleck was taking the Cincinnati job. (he didn't).
Or when he wrote earlier this year that the Rutgers and Penn State hoops squads were "dangerous" (they weren't, unless he meant dangerously bad).
Or when he wrote that any team that drafted Porzingis "would regret it" (I dunno ... maybe the Knicks do, but they're the Knicks for a reason).
There are others. Just saying, I take little comfort in Dakich thinking MU wins Thursday.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »
After giving it some thought... if Markus Howard is sidelined or otherwise neutralized by health issues, this game is a slam dunk for Murray State.  I'm sure the thought is that you can't replace a national top-5 scorer, and none of these "experts" has time to go back and look at the Georgetown game (among others).  But what they did have time to see was the highlight of Markus wincing in the hallway during the SHU game.  When Todd put pressure on the side of his wrist, that made for very powerful video.

So in my opinion, virtually everyone picking against MU right now is relying on Markus being injured.  Whether that's the case or not, I can't say, but what I can say is that if I had no affiliation to MU and saw that wince on Friday, I sure as hell would be betting on any #12 upsetting MU in the first round.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 04:24:26 PM »
Nah. He's just wrong very often.
Like when he said Jeff Brohm had accepted the Louisville job (he hadn't).
Or he had Steve Alford replacing Tom Crean (he didn't).
Or when he said Mikes Bridges "has no game." (he does).
Or when PJ Fleck was taking the Cincinnati job. (he didn't).
Or when he wrote earlier this year that the Rutgers and Penn State hoops squads were "dangerous" (they weren't, unless he meant dangerously bad).
Or when he wrote that any team that drafted Porzingis "would regret it" (I dunno ... maybe the Knicks do, but they're the Knicks for a reason).
There are others. Just saying, I take little comfort in Dakich thinking MU wins Thursday.

Can't argue with anything you say. My take was as a color analyst. DURING games, I think he does an outstanding job.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 04:59:21 PM »
Sounds like Murray State is better than Buffalo. Quite frankly I can't remember when the basketball gurus ever liked Marquette.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »
Sounds like Murray State is better than Buffalo. Quite frankly I can't remember when the basketball gurus ever liked Marquette.

They aren't.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »
Can't argue with anything you say. My take was as a color analyst. DURING games, I think he does an outstanding job.

I think you are in the minority with that opinion. I don't know anyone else who shares your admiration for him although I'm sure there are some.

Most cbb fans that I know have a hard time deciding who they dislike more between Vitake and Dakich.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2019, 05:20:57 PM »
Better than Buffalo? I’m assuming this is sarcasm
No Finish Line

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 05:36:00 PM »
I think you are in the minority with that opinion. I don't know anyone else who shares your admiration for him although I'm sure there are some.

Most cbb fans that I know have a hard time deciding who they dislike more between Vitake and Dakich.
Add Anderson to the list of awful broadcasters next to Vitals and Dakich.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2019, 05:37:27 PM »
Anyone know anything about the peeps calling our game?
No Finish Line

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2019, 06:08:53 PM »
Add Anderson to the list of awful broadcasters next to Vitals and Dakich.

No..... Anderson is a play by play guy not an analyst and he is really good...........add Walton to go with Dakich and Vitale and you have the Mount Rushmore  of awful analysts.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 06:17:37 PM »
No..... Anderson is a play by play guy not an analyst and he is really good...........add Walton to go with Dakich and Vitale and you have the Mount Rushmore  of awful analysts.
Bill Walton is outstanding! Must see to TV for myself.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
Anyone know anything about the peeps calling our game?
I put the entire NCAA link up in the Big East TV thread. Found no point starting a new one.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2019, 06:30:05 PM »
I put the entire NCAA link up in the Big East TV thread. Found no point starting a new one.
Yeah I know who they are but I’m wondering how they are
No Finish Line

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2019, 06:37:00 PM »
Yeah I know who they are but I’m wondering how they are
Oh.

Debbie Antonelli has done games for ESPN, BTN, CBS, FOX, Raycom and Westwood One. She also does WNBA games for ESPN and NBATV, and has been the main play-by-play voice of the Indiana Fever; since 1996. I like her! She does her homework.

Carter Blackburn has already done a Marquette game this year on CBSSN.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 06:39:12 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2019, 06:43:53 PM »
Oh.

Debbie Antonelli has done games for ESPN, BTN, CBS, FOX, Raycom and Westwood One. She also does WNBA games for ESPN and NBATV, and has been the main play-by-play voice of the Indiana Fever; since 1996. I like her! She does her homework.

Carter Blackburn has already done a Marquette game this year on CBSSN.
Nice thanks for the info
No Finish Line

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »
I know you couldn't care less but you manage to ruin this board every March with your relentless "look at me" posts and superfluous commentary.  I'll do my best to ignore but man, you make it so tough.

I enjoy Spotted Cow, of course.

Use ignore function.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:43:57 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2019, 07:41:22 PM »
But that is what Wojo's bulletin board is for; not Scoop.

I thought we were Buzz's bulletin board.   :D
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2019, 08:01:09 PM »

One bulletin board at a time

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2019, 08:06:18 PM »
You know, there's nothing like tuning in for an awful WCC game in San Diego on a Friday night enjoying a beer with nothing to do.  And old Bill Walton rambles on about god knows what with the play-by-play ignoring literally every other statement.  It can be fun...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2019, 08:28:15 PM »
I know you couldn't care less but you manage to ruin this board every March with your relentless "look at me" posts and superfluous commentary.  I'll do my best to ignore but man, you make it so tough.

looks like someone needs a snickers...sheesh.  judging from this comment, don't tell me there aren't any others on your ignore list besides cheeks...and now me 8-) 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »

While we disagree on Dakich, we certainly agree on the other two. But there’s a guy who is worse than both and it’s not even close. I was in my car lat week and turned on the Score. Rick Mahorn was doing color for the Illinois game. It was only radio, but he made Dickie Simpkins seem like a color guy god.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2019, 08:39:40 PM »

Isn’t that just a 75in tv with a live feed of scoop?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2019, 01:28:56 PM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.