[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Use It  (Read 5494 times)

PVMagic

• Starter
Re: Use It
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 06:49:38 AM »
Warriors don't flop.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 07:30:30 AM »
imho...it's not a "use it" moment because the reason MU ultimately lost was a terrible game by markus.  if he shoots a half-way decent percentage MU wins.  i think we win in the tourney as long as markus has decent games (shooting percentage wise).  the problem with markus' game is that when he doesn't shoot well, he still shoots often, and will not impact the game on the defensive end or from an assist side of things.  sam can shoot poorly but get boards...same with joey.  theo can own the lane.  sacar can be a shut down defender.  seems like it's been all or nothing for markus. 

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 08:11:12 AM »
If Wojo has learned anything in his 5 years, he will smooth out any chips on their shoulders and rally the team against Markus's recent struggles

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 09:58:43 AM »
1. Over the course of the season BE teams learned how to beat us by adjusting their defense and attack accordingly. Hey, these are good teams with good coaches and the experience of playing us twice.
2. We don't really have a point guard. Markus is a combo and at his best in the 2 position. Greg Elliot's red shirt hurt us more than expected and though Joe C's defense helped, providing offense was never his game. To play in the NBA Markus needed to play the point more and this year was an opportunity to get better and showcase this side of his talent. The results thus far have been uneven and he is pretty beat up as a result. The last several games demonstrate this all too well. 
3. I don't think MU can sustain a long tourney run this year but with adequate rest for Markus, I do believe he can lead us to a win or two. But whether does this or not, he should stay for his senior year. It will be good for him, good for the team, and good for MU in general. There is no better example of college basketball dedication, talent, class, and character than Markus.
4. Coach Wojo has won some and lost some but he gives credit to the players when they win and takes the blame when they lose. I respect him for this and much more. Though I love Sacar's mojo and banjo, Coach Wojo is the real glue man. This has been a very good year already. Maybe it will last just a bit longer. You deserve it Coach. Hell, we all deserve it after Seton Hall.     

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:01 AM »
I think you can prove you are tough and that you won't "lie down and take it" without clapping your hands in the opponent's face.

Sacar already "won" that battle by not going to the floor after absorbing Powell's elbow and by getting into Powell's head so much that Powell committed a flagrant foul. As soon as he responded by clapping in Powell's face, Sacar turned a win into at best a tie (and, as it turned out, a loss). I don't see how clapping in an opponent's face is seen as "tough" or "manly" or "not backing down." It's silly macho crud and it hurt his team.

Now, it's easy for me to say all of this when I'm not the one in the heat of the battle. Sacar reacted. Athletes do that kind of thing all the time ... including Powell after Theo "shoved" him. So I'm not upset at Sacar at all; just trying to figure out why some Scoopers think Sacar's post-elbow actions were somehow good.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 11:27:33 AM »
If I'm on the team, I'm mad as hell with how this game went down. Heck, I'm a fan sitting on my couch and I'm mad as hell about it.

Use it. Let this disrespect fuel everything we do for the rest of the season. I may be crazy, but this has me fired up and thinking that we go on a nice run in the tournament.

I'm with you 100%, BUT what about next year?  When it happens to Butler or Xavie what do we say?  Do we want a secret appology from the Big East commishoner?  Hell no, we want a public
admission.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »
I'm with you 100%, BUT what about next year?  When it happens to Butler or Xavie what do we say?  Do we want a secret appology from the Big East commishoner?  Hell no, we want a public
admission.

I don't want anything from the Big East.  Missed calls are a part of the game. What I want is a stellar postseason performance from our team
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2019, 12:51:54 PM »
I don't want anything from the Big East.  Missed calls are a part of the game. What I want is a stellar postseason performance from our team

This year looks great.  Next year, as Yogi would say, will be like "Deja Vu All Over Again".

Luck, missed calls, injures, poor game plan, match ups, travel, sickness, tranfers, academic eligability, are all part of the game. 

Nefarious systemic paterns of behavior are not part of the game.  Do you work for the Big East or Marquette?  I'm sorry, have fun, I understand.  I'll be on the edge of my seat Thursday night listening from afar.  I'm with this team 150%.  I never ever want to see them disrespected again.  Obviously we see last week differently.  You see a few missed calls, I see something else, so be it.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »
I don't want anything from the Big East.  Missed calls are a part of the game.

I would like the Big East to evaluate their refs and replace some of them.  I don't know about the rest of you, but it seemed to me this officiating this year in particular, well was awful.  And I am not stating awful against MU in particular.  Awful overall.  So yes, I want something from the Big East.  I want them to get better refs.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 03:41:26 AM »
I would like the Big East to evaluate their refs and replace some of them.  I don't know about the rest of you, but it seemed to me this officiating this year in particular, well was awful.  And I am not stating awful against MU in particular.  Awful overall.  So yes, I want something from the Big East.  I want them to get better refs.

Hay, it was only the Marquette vs. S.H. game.   The decision process was, let the second class refs. have at it.  That way S.H. might win.  If it was well officiated Marquette would win and thats not good for the Big East tournament.

They let it happen, they did not make it happen and that is the crime.

feedback