[Today at 07:19:53 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Historical Basketball League  (Read 949 times)

SERocks

• Team Captain
Historical Basketball League
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
First I have seen of this.  I was certain there would have been discussion on Scoop somewhere, but a quick search led to nothing.  Will this thing gain any traction, or is it going to be dead on arrival like the Vegas 16?

https://www.hbleague.com/

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Historical Basketball League
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »
First I have seen of this.  I was certain there would have been discussion on Scoop somewhere, but a quick search led to nothing.  Will this thing gain any traction, or is it going to be dead on arrival like the Vegas 16?

https://www.hbleague.com/

Their statement that the G League doesn’t include education option is false.  As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I spent the afternoon with the NBA and the G League, they have an educational option with Arizona State and others. 

Unless these guys get money from video partners that want to watch them play, cannot see how it survives or has a chance.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

SERocks

• Team Captain
Re: Historical Basketball League
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:23:52 PM »
This thing almost seems like a joke, but they are serious.  I guess it will be interesting to see how far they get.  I would think this is something like when Reggie White came to the Packers, he made going to Green Bay to play football a real thing again.  In my way of thinking to make this thing legit they would have to get some of the top recruits to buy in.  Yeah, the money would be nice, but top recruits know they have much larger dollars than $150K coming in and in a lot of cases only one year away....  Why risk absolute non-exposure and implosion on $150K+?  I don't see this thing ever getting off the ground....